Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Open Source Help with writing Shell Script to automate process using multiple commands Post 302974806 by MadeInGermany on Friday 3rd of June 2016 12:18:18 PM
Old 06-03-2016
Isn't it much easier to add them to zabbix and set a service outage or a special notification group?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call multiple java commands

Hi, I want to call multiple java commands through a .sh file. I have drafted one with my least knowledge. But its not working. Pls help. I am trying to run this from Sun Solaris (OS 5.10) server with 10g oracle database. echo \* starting script AUTORUN echo \* get the Monitor path... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekdn
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automate Script using pkgrm/pkgadd commands

This is my first post so hello to all of you! I have a script in bash-3.00 that needs to execute the following: pkgrm (to remove an existing package) pkgadd -d ( to install a new package) The problem is that both commands prompt me to answer either y,n or q in order to proceed with... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Insight
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing shell scripts of commands

can anyone help me in writing a shell script to visualize how simple commands work and on what logic. For Eg: ls command how it lists out all the files and directories, need to write a simple script based on the commands source code.:D (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul_11d
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing a shell script of commands

Can anyone help me out in visualizing on what is the logic behind simple unix commands. For Eg: ls command lists files and directories, how it displays I need to know the source code for commands like this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul_11d
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a loop to process multiple input files by a shell script

I have multiple input files that I want to manipulate using a shell script. The files are called 250.1 through 250.1000 but I only want the script to manipulate 250.300 through 250.1000. Before I was using the following script to manipulate the text files: for i in 250.*; do || awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating a shell script to automate svnstats process

Hi, I am trying to create a shell script to automate the following process of getting svn stats:- Step1:- cd to checkout location. Note that the checked code have multiple modules in respective folders Step2:- Execute this command inside each module:- svn log -v --xml >... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: d8011
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate multiple commands

Hi, I am trying to count the number of times a string of letters occurs in a file for multiple unique strings of letters. Right now I can do this one at a time using the following code (in this example I am searching for the string "AAA"): echo AAA >> outfile.txt grep -c "AAA" -r... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gecko1
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automate sftp process using script

Hi, guys, I am trying to automate a sftp process using "expect" method (since the key authentication method is disabled in my company network, there is no helping it). In order to try, I type in the command manually: sftp @ > << EOF >cd >ls -l >EOF >Connecting to @servername password: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: warmboy610
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to catch errors in a shell script ( multiple commands )?

Hi I have a shell script like that Main() { DAY=$(date +"%d-%m-%Y") TIME=$(date +"%T") Command 1 Command 2 ... Command n } I would like to catch errors from all commands in Main() and write these errors into a file , something likes this: Main if < error > then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to automate recovery process

Hello All! First post... I am working on a script that is used to recover a crashed drive from an rsync backup. I'm down to the place where I need to create all of the directories in /mnt where I will then mount each of the volumes and begin the restore process to each volume... I have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
3 Replies
CROSSPOST(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      CROSSPOST(8)

NAME
crosspost - create the links for cross posted articles SYNOPSIS
crosspost [ -D dir ] [ -s ] [ file... ] DESCRIPTION
Crosspost reads group and article number data from files or standard input if none are specified. (A single dash in the file list means to read standard input.) It uses this information to create the hard, or symbolic, links for cross posted articles. Crosspost is designed to be used by InterNetNews to create the links as the articles come in. Normally innd creates the links but by having crosspost create the links innd spends less time waiting for disk IO. In this mode one would start innd(8) using the ``-L'' flag. Crosspost expects input in the form: group.name/123 group2.name/456 group3.name/789 with one line per article. Any dots in the input are translated into "/" to translate the news group into a pathname. The first field is assumed to be the name of an existing copy of the article. Crosspost will attempt to link all the subsequent entries to the first using hard links if possible or symbolic links if that fails. By default, crosspost processes its input as an INN channel feed written as a ``WR'' entry in the newsfeeds(5) file, for example: crosspost:*:Tc,Ap,WR:/usr/lib/news/bin/crosspost To process the history file and re-create all the links for all articles use: awk <history -F' ' '(NF > 2){print $3}' | crosspost (where the -F is followed by a tab character.) The ``-D'' flag can be used to specify where the article spool is stored. The default directory is /var/spool/news. By default crosspost will fsync(2) each article after updating the links. The ``-s'' flag can be used to prevent this. HISTORY
Written by Jerry Aguirre <jerry@ATC.Olivetti.Com>. SEE ALSO
newsfeeds(5), innd(8). CROSSPOST(8)