Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX Shell Scripting (Solaris) for File Checking Post 302974676 by RavinderSingh13 on Thursday 2nd of June 2016 04:48:31 AM
Old 06-02-2016
Hello daveaztig14,

Could you please try following and let me know if this helps.
Code:
find . -type f -exec grep -H -c 'FTRORD' {} \+ | grep 0$ | cut -d':' -f1

I have checked above in BASH environment.

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

2. AIX

Unix shell scripting to find latest file having timestamp embedded...

Hi guys, I have a directory in UNIX having files with the below format, i need to pickup the latest file having recent timestamp embedded on it, then need to rename it to a standard file name. Below is the file format: filename_yyyymmdd.csv, i need to pick the latest and move it with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik25
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check the file existence using shell scripting in Solaris-10

Hi, I have a script which will check the fiel existence, the lines are as below if !(test -d ./data) then mkdir data fi In the first line error occurs as below generatelicense.sh: syntax error at line 2: `!' unexpected Where as this script works fine in linux OS. How to solve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krevathi1912
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Scripting -- update employees not present in input file

ALL, My shell script takes a employee file as input. I have to identify the list of employees not in the input file and update their status in the database. Approach I followed: by traversing through the input file add all the emplid's to a variable. update the status of employees not in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailussr
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell Scripting - HELP! - checking total args in a script

Hi, I 'm trying to learn the scripting language and am trying to create a script to open a C Program, allow the user to edit it, and then run it. What I have works but only when you enter the name to be compiled and the c program, but what if you only entered the 1 argument (cprogram.c) ? but I 'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patel_ankz
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate tabular output from an input text file in unix shell scripting

Hi, I have the output (as below) which i want it to be in a table. For e.g. space utilization in PSE on path /logs is 0% space utilization in PSE on path /logs/tuxedo/tuxlsp is 16% space utilization in PSE on path /ldvarlsp/lsp/log is 37% space utilization in PSE on path /home is 6%... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkbond
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for file read option in Unix shell scripting

Hi Friends, I would like to read all the record from one txt file to other file txt For example I have two txt file a.txt and b.txt. I need to read a.txt record by record and I need add the system date @ end of each record before moving it to b.txt. Could you please share the coding for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoth124
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add trailer record at the end of the flat file in the unix ksh shell scripting?

Hi, How to add trailer record at the end of the flat file in the unix ksh shell scripting can you please let me know the procedure Regards Srikanth (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris Shell Scripting

Hi, Want to know, is there any way to restrict a Solaris user to Single Login. Means a particular user can login once and if he or someone else tries to login with his ID then a message displayed "user already logged in" and denies his attempt. Regard, Jeet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CountJeet
1 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)