Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Comparing two CSV files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing two CSV files Post 302974630 by dan139 on Wednesday 1st of June 2016 04:39:37 PM
Old 06-01-2016
Added a more detailed response. let me know if you need more clarification.

basically taking all of the zips from file 1 and getting the rows for those same zips in file 2.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last field problem while comparing two csv files

Hi All, I've two .csv files as below file1.csv abc, tdf, 223, tpx jgsd, tex, 342, rpy a, jdjdsd, 423, djfkld Where as file2.csv is the new version of file1.csv with some added fields in the end of each line and some additional lines. lfj, eru, 98, jkldj, 39, jdkj9 abc, tdf, 223, tpx,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 csv files and matching content

Hello, I have the following problem: There are two csv files csv-file #1: aaa1, aaa2, ... aaan aaa1, bbb2, ... bbbn aaa1, ccc2, ... cccn bbb1, bbb2, ... bbbn ... zzz1, zzz2, ... zzzn csv-file #2: aaa1, matchvalue1 ccc1, matchvalue2 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghl10000
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Strings in 2 .csv/txt files?

EDIT: My problems have been solved thanks to the help of bartus11 and pravin27 This code is just to help me learn. It serves no purpose other than that. Here's a sample csv that I'm working with - #listofpeeps.csv Jackie Chan,1954,M Chuck Norris,1930,M Bruce Lee,1940,M This code is... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chickeneaterguy
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing csv files

Hi! I'm just new to shell scripting n simple tasks looks so tough in initial stage. i need to write a script which will read a property file, property file will be containing count of the csv files, and in a folder(same folder) there will be respective csv files. like Property file data1=100... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing duplicate records comparing 2 csv files

Hi All, I want to remove the rows from File1.csv by comparing a column/field in the File2.csv. If both columns matches then I want that row to be deleted from File1 using shell script(awk). Here is an example on what I need. File1.csv: RAJAK,ACTIVE,1 VIJAY,ACTIVE,2 TAHA,ACTIVE,3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajak.net
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 difference csv files

Hello, I have about 10 csv files which range from csv1 - csv10. Each csv file has same type/set of tabs and we have around 5-6 tabs for each of the csv file which have slightly different content(data). A sample of CSV1 is shown below: Joins: Data related to Joins, it can be any number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 CSV files and sending the difference to a new csv file

(say) I have 2 csv files - file1.csv & file2.csv as mentioned below: file1.csv ID,version,cost 1000,1,30 2000,2,40 3000,3,50 4000,4,60 file2.csv ID,version,cost 1000,1,30 2000,2,45 3000,4,55 6000,5,70 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naresh101
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two large unsorted csv files

Hi All, My requirement is to write a shell script to compare two large csv files. I've created sample files for explaining my problem i.e., a.csv and b.csv contents of files: ----------------- a.csv ------ Type,Memory (Kb),Location HD,Size (Mb),Serial # XT,640,D402,0,MG0010... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasavi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Select Columns from two CSV files in UNIX and create a third file based on comparision

Hi , I want to compare first 3 columns of File A and File B and create a new file File C which will have all rows from File B and will include rows that are present in File A and not in File B based on First 3 column comparison. Thanks in advance for your help. File A A,B,C,45,46... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ady_koolz
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk assistance - Comparing 2 csv files

Hello all, I have searched high and low for a solution to this, many have come really close but not quite what I'm after. I have 2 files. One contains GUID's, for example: 8121E002-96FE-4C9C-BC5A-6AFF20DACECD 84468F30-F3B7-418B-81F0-0908E80792BF A second file, contains a path to the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirmUK
8 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)