Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Comparing two CSV files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing two CSV files Post 302974630 by dan139 on Wednesday 1st of June 2016 04:39:37 PM
Old 06-01-2016
Added a more detailed response. let me know if you need more clarification.

basically taking all of the zips from file 1 and getting the rows for those same zips in file 2.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last field problem while comparing two csv files

Hi All, I've two .csv files as below file1.csv abc, tdf, 223, tpx jgsd, tex, 342, rpy a, jdjdsd, 423, djfkld Where as file2.csv is the new version of file1.csv with some added fields in the end of each line and some additional lines. lfj, eru, 98, jkldj, 39, jdkj9 abc, tdf, 223, tpx,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 csv files and matching content

Hello, I have the following problem: There are two csv files csv-file #1: aaa1, aaa2, ... aaan aaa1, bbb2, ... bbbn aaa1, ccc2, ... cccn bbb1, bbb2, ... bbbn ... zzz1, zzz2, ... zzzn csv-file #2: aaa1, matchvalue1 ccc1, matchvalue2 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghl10000
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Strings in 2 .csv/txt files?

EDIT: My problems have been solved thanks to the help of bartus11 and pravin27 This code is just to help me learn. It serves no purpose other than that. Here's a sample csv that I'm working with - #listofpeeps.csv Jackie Chan,1954,M Chuck Norris,1930,M Bruce Lee,1940,M This code is... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chickeneaterguy
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing csv files

Hi! I'm just new to shell scripting n simple tasks looks so tough in initial stage. i need to write a script which will read a property file, property file will be containing count of the csv files, and in a folder(same folder) there will be respective csv files. like Property file data1=100... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing duplicate records comparing 2 csv files

Hi All, I want to remove the rows from File1.csv by comparing a column/field in the File2.csv. If both columns matches then I want that row to be deleted from File1 using shell script(awk). Here is an example on what I need. File1.csv: RAJAK,ACTIVE,1 VIJAY,ACTIVE,2 TAHA,ACTIVE,3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajak.net
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 difference csv files

Hello, I have about 10 csv files which range from csv1 - csv10. Each csv file has same type/set of tabs and we have around 5-6 tabs for each of the csv file which have slightly different content(data). A sample of CSV1 is shown below: Joins: Data related to Joins, it can be any number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 CSV files and sending the difference to a new csv file

(say) I have 2 csv files - file1.csv & file2.csv as mentioned below: file1.csv ID,version,cost 1000,1,30 2000,2,40 3000,3,50 4000,4,60 file2.csv ID,version,cost 1000,1,30 2000,2,45 3000,4,55 6000,5,70 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naresh101
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two large unsorted csv files

Hi All, My requirement is to write a shell script to compare two large csv files. I've created sample files for explaining my problem i.e., a.csv and b.csv contents of files: ----------------- a.csv ------ Type,Memory (Kb),Location HD,Size (Mb),Serial # XT,640,D402,0,MG0010... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasavi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Select Columns from two CSV files in UNIX and create a third file based on comparision

Hi , I want to compare first 3 columns of File A and File B and create a new file File C which will have all rows from File B and will include rows that are present in File A and not in File B based on First 3 column comparison. Thanks in advance for your help. File A A,B,C,45,46... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ady_koolz
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk assistance - Comparing 2 csv files

Hello all, I have searched high and low for a solution to this, many have come really close but not quite what I'm after. I have 2 files. One contains GUID's, for example: 8121E002-96FE-4C9C-BC5A-6AFF20DACECD 84468F30-F3B7-418B-81F0-0908E80792BF A second file, contains a path to the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirmUK
8 Replies
MUNGE(1)						    MUNGE Uid 'N' Gid Emporium							  MUNGE(1)

NAME
munge - MUNGE credential encoder SYNOPSIS
munge [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
The munge program creates an MUNGE credential containing the UID and GID of the calling process. Additional payload data can be encapsu- lated in as well. The returned credential can be passed to another process which can validate its contents (e.g., via the unmunge pro- gram). This allows an unrelated and potentially remote process to ascertain the identity of the calling process. By default, payload input is read from stdin and the credential is written to stdout. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display a summary of the command-line options. -L, --license Display license information. -V, --version Display version information. -n, --no-input Discard all input for the payload. -s, --string string Input payload from the specified string. -i, --input file Input payload from the specified file. -o, --output file Output the credential to the specified file. -c, --cipher string Specify the cipher type, either by name or number. -C, --list-ciphers Display a list of supported cipher types. -m, --mac string Specify the MAC type, either by name or number. -M, --list-macs Display a list of supported MAC types. -z, --zip string Specify the compression type, either by name or number. -Z, --list-zips Display a list of supported compression types. -u, --restrict-uid uid Specify the user name or UID allowed to decode the credential. This will be matched against the effective user ID of the process requesting the credential decode. -g, --restrict-gid gid Specify the group name or GID allowed to decode the credential. This will be matched against the effective group ID of the process requesting the credential decode, as well as each supplementary group of which the effective user ID of that process is a member. -t, --ttl integer Specify the time-to-live (in seconds). This controls how long the credential is valid once it has been encoded. A value of 0 selects the default TTL. A value of -1 selects the maximum allowed TTL. -S, --socket path Specify the local domain socket for connecting with munged. EXIT STATUS
The munge program returns a zero exit code when the credential is successfully created and returned. On error, it prints an error message to stderr and returns a non-zero exit code. AUTHOR
Chris Dunlap <cdunlap@llnl.gov> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2011 Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC. Copyright (C) 2002-2007 The Regents of the University of California. MUNGE is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. Additionally for the MUNGE library (libmunge), you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. SEE ALSO
remunge(1), unmunge(1), munge(3), munge_ctx(3), munge_enum(3), munge(7), munged(8). http://munge.googlecode.com/ munge-0.5.10 2011-02-25 MUNGE(1)