Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Getting multipath information Post 302974512 by vbe on Tuesday 31st of May 2016 09:57:50 AM
Old 05-31-2016
What do you call multipath? Are you talking of PVs seen by HBAs ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Software Multipath

Hello everybody... I have a Server conected to a Disk Array through 2 canals of FiberChannel... I've installed RedHat Advance Server 3 and of course i see two device files that refer the same disk: for example: /dev/sda and /dev/sdb are refered to the same Lun... This is the same case for a new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lenux78
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Multipath Enhancement

Hi.. when i delete a Lun from a Array on a SAN, and again when i create a Lun it shows that the newly created Lun has the ID of the Old deleted Lun which is leading to data corruption. All this is handled by the Multipath software. can anybody help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen13
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

how to combine nics for DM Multipath

I don't undestand how to combine 4 nics in order to use DM Multipath. Do I have to install each nic with its IP address? If yes, do I need a group IP address? This concept is not clear for me. The connection beetwen the server (DELL Poweredge T710) and the SAN through iscsi works well, I used... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnupinux
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Help with Multipath

Hi All, When I execute multipath -ll command that time display only 3 path (mpath1,mpath2 and mpath5), not display other 2 path (mpath3 and mpath4). I have configure 5 path in /etc/multipath.conf file. What is the reason behind it. Please help me. Please find below the output : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Help with Multipath

Hi All, When I execute "multipath -ll" command that time display only 3 path (orafra2,oradata2 and oradata1), not display other 2 path (orafra1 and data1). I have configure 5 path in "/etc/multipath.conf" file. What is the reason behind it. Please help me. Please find below some output for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Multipath-Tools

Hello, i have a problem with the multipath tools configuration. i can't remove the local disk paths. the multipath.conf archives configuration is: --------------------------------------------------------- $ cat /etc/multipath.conf blacklist{ devnode cciss devnode fd ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FeeII
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Question about multipath

hi, I've a question about multipath. One server uses this configuration: mpath02 (3600d000ff0d510cae5b8df4d01000000) dm-2 FSC,FibraCAT_SX \_ round-robin 0 \_ 0:0:3:2 sdq 8:64 \_ round-robin 0 \_ 1:0:2:2 sdw 8:160 \_ round-robin 0 \_ 1:0:5:2 sde 65:16 \_ round-robin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: davyp74
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Multipath Query

Hi, I am running RHEL6 on a physical node (HP Proliant). If it normal for the root device to get listed in the "multipath -ll" output? (Listed below as dm-4, HP LOGICAL VOLUME). i.e. asm-data (360a98000424a414b453f443548503644) dm-3 NETAPP,LUN size=768G features='4 queue_if_no_path... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Different multipath softwares for RAC

Hi, I have a RAC installation on 2 solaris 11 nodes. (With ASM) Disks' mpath are managed by EMC Powerpath on both nodes. I want to migrate mpath software to Solaris multipath without downtime. My plan is first migrate node1 to solaris mpath, then after some days migrate node2 to sol.mpath. My... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlkkck
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Multipath configuration not being detected

Hi, In a RHEL 5 box, I have just added new multipath configurations in /etc/multipath.conf : blacklist_exceptions { wwid "360002ac0000000000000008e0001ee00" wwid "360002ac0000000000000008f0001ee00" wwid "360002ac000000000000000900001ee00" wwid... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
0 Replies
MULTIPATHD(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     MULTIPATHD(8)

NAME
multipathd - multipath daemon SYNOPSIS
multipathd [options] DESCRIPTION
The multipathd daemon is in charge of checking for failed paths. When this happens, it will reconfigure the multipath map the path belongs to, so that this map regains its maximum performance and redundancy. This daemon executes the external multipath config tool when events occur. In turn, the multipath tool signals the multipathd daemon when it is done with devmap reconfiguration, so that it can refresh its failed path list. OPTIONS
-d Forground Mode. Don't daemonize, and print all messages to stdout and stderr. -v level Verbosity level. Print additional information while running multipathd. A level of 0 means only print errors. A level of 3 or greater prints debugging information as well. -k multipathd will enter interactive mode. From this mode, the available commands can be viewed by entering "help". When you are fin- ished entering commands, press CTRL-D to quit. COMMANDS
The following commands can be used in interactive mode: list|show paths Show the paths that multipathd is monitoring, and their state. list|show paths format $format Show the paths that multipathd is monitoring, using a format string with path format wildcards. list|show maps|multipaths Show the multipath devices that the multipathd is monitoring. list|show maps|multipaths format $format Show the status of all multipath devices that the multipathd is monitoring, using a format string with multipath format wildcards. list|show maps|multipaths status Show the status of all multipath devices that the multipathd is monitoring. list|show maps|multipaths stats Show some statistics of all multipath devices that the multipathd is monitoring. list|show maps|multipaths topology Show the current multipath topology. Same as "multipath -ll". list|show topology Show the current multipath topology. Same as "multipath -ll". list|show map|multipath $map topology Show topology of a single multipath device specified by $map, e.g. 36005076303ffc56200000000000010aa. This map could be obtained from "list maps". list|show wildcards Show the format wildcards used in interactive commands taking $format list|show config Show the currently used configuration, derived from default values and values specified within the configuration file /etc/multi- path.conf. list|show blacklist Show the currently used blacklist rules, derived from default values and values specified within the configuration file /etc/multi- path.conf. list|show devices Show all available block devices by name including the information if they are blacklisted or not. list|show status Show the number of path checkers in each possible state, the number of monitored paths, and whether multipathd is currently handling a uevent. add path $path Add a path to the list of monitored paths. $path is as listed in /sys/block (e.g. sda). remove|del path $path Stop monitoring a path. $path is as listed in /sys/block (e.g. sda). add map $map Add a multipath device to the list of monitored devices. $map can either be a device-mapper device as listed in /sys/block (e.g. dm-0) or it can be the alias for the multipath device (e.g. mpath1) or the uid of the multipath device (e.g. 36005076303ffc56200000000000010aa). remove|del map $map Stop monitoring a multipath device. resize map|multipath $map Resizes map $map to the given size switch|switchgroup map $map group $group Force a multipath device to switch to a specific path group. $group is the path group index, starting with 1. reconfigure Reconfigures the multipaths. This should be triggered automatically after any hotplug event. suspend map|multipath $map Sets map $map into suspend state. resume map|multipath $map Resumes map $map from suspend state. fail path $path Sets path $path into failed state. reinstate path $path Resumes path $path from failed state. disablequeueing maps|multipaths Disable queueing on all multipath devices. restorequeueing maps|multipaths Restore queueing on all multipath devices. disablequeueing map|multipath $map Disable queuing on multipathed map $map restorequeueing map|multipath $map Restore queuing on multipahted map $map quit|exit End interactive session. SEE ALSO
multipath(8) kpartx(8) hotplug(8) AUTHORS
multipathd was developed by Christophe Varoqui, <christophe.varoqui@opensvc.com> and others. Linux Administrator's Manual November 2009 MULTIPATHD(8)