Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script runs manually, but not from cron Post 302974279 by stomp on Friday 27th of May 2016 07:33:28 AM
Old 05-27-2016
Is this a task, that must be run regularly, or is it a service, that should be run always and the cron-job is only to make sure it starts again in case it terminates?

If it is the latter, a service definition would be better. I myself have no knowledge how a service is set up in Solaris.

To just debug your cron-entry after you followed Rudis advice, I suggest doing redirecting of the output:

Code:
 00 10 * * 1-5 nohup /usr/sap/saprouter/scriptname >/tmp/saprouter.log 2>&1

Then you have a logfile where to look for errors.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can run script Manually, but not through Cron?

Hi all, I have a main script (called OracleCleanup) that runs some sql queries. that runs off a wrapper script which contains the sources for the login information and and JOB_HOME (the script is below). When I schedule this job in the cron the log says that it cannot open my list file, which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadHatter
4 Replies

2. Solaris

SFTP errorcode 1 when run on cron but runs manually

I am trying to run a sript on cron to SFTP data to a company. Private and public keys are set up. When I run this manully it works fine, however it was failing when run on cron. I have narrowed down the problem - it fails at the code that says if the error code is 0 then continue . . . I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heidi.Ebbs
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs manually but not correctly from crontab

Hi all I have this inside a shell script (bash): cd DIRECTORY find . -maxdepth 1 | sed 's#./##' | /usr/bin/xargs -I '{}' chown -Rv '{}' /DIRECTORY/'{}' All the directories in this location are named after usernames, so it simply sets the owner to that of the username of the folder. It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fakesy
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs manually but not correctly from crontab

Hello all, I'm new here and have a question if you don't mind helping me. I have a script that will work if I kick if off manually but not from Cron. My cron entry is this: 05,20,35,50 * * * * /scripts/status.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 The first script (works fine) is this: #!/bin/sh # #... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: hs3082
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script runs good manually but not through Cron tab

Hello Every one, I have a shell script which is running fine manually, but its giving me hard time when running tru cron job. :wall:. Am using #!/usr/bin/ksh >echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh Cron Job is as below, it execues but dosent do what i want it to do. 47 15 * * *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naren.chowdhary
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs fine manually but not in crontab

Hello Guys, I have scratched my head alot on this but couldn't find clue what's wrong. Can you please help me with this? My problem is as following. 1) When I manually execute following script it runs successfully with below output. bash-3.00# more smssend #!/bin/bash echo -e "<Request... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarsatti
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Part of the Shell script is not running via crontab, runs fine manually

Hello Team, As a part of my job we have made a script to automate a service to restart frequently. Script having two functions when executing it's should find the existing service and kill it, then start the same service . Verified the script it's working fine when executing... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs good manually but failing via crontab

Hello Gurus, I have written small script which will start the given service if its stop .Its running fine when manually executed but its unable to run from crontab. #!/bin/bash SERVICENAME=rsyslog service $SERVICENAME status > /dev/null SYSLOGSTATUS=`echo $?` COUNT=0 THRESHOLD=3 if ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapil514
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script runs manually but not from crontab in UNIX

Hi Guys, I am executing the script called Delet.sh manually it is successfully completing the task but it is failing to run vi cron tab, I tried to pass PATH & .profile before execution but no luck, Any suggestions? Script below #!/usr/bin/ksh #set -x # Purpose : Delete folders file from... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anilsa77
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem with Cron: Script works manually but not w/Cron. Why?

Hello gurus, I am making what I think is a simple db2 call from within a shell script but I am having difficulty producing the desired report when I run the script shown below from a shell script in cron. For example, my script and the crontab file setup is shown below: #!/bin/ksh db2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: okonita
3 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD