Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to grep
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to grep Post 302974149 by gotamp on Thursday 26th of May 2016 01:56:09 AM
Old 05-26-2016
Many thanks Aia.

now i understood, i was missing the period . before *

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to grep the following pattern

I have the following line in file1 elif ; then now if i try to grep this using following command grep -e "elif ; then" file1 it is showing nothing... how to grep such patterns (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suri
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep or awk problem, unable to extract numbers

Hi, I've trouble getting some numbers from a html-file. The thing is that I have several html-logs that contains lines like this: nerdnerd, how_old_r_u:45782<br>APPLY: <hour_second> Verification succeded This is some of what I've extracted from a html file but all I really want is the number... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: baghera
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log file is not getting created & unable to grep error from it

Hi All, Below is my code,what I am trying to do is redirecting output of ftp to a log file & then greping the errors but here I am unable to grep "Permission denied" error only & also the corresponding log file is also not getting created. #!/bin/sh . cfg USER='abc' PASSWD='abc123' ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to grep control/non printable characters

Unable to grep: Able to grep: (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to grep the running processes.

Hi All, We have a shell script(ODS_Load)which loads the data from perticular flat file to oracle table invoking sqlplus based on the parameter. When we execute the script(ODS_Load) independently, script is working fine and able to load the tables successfully. We invoke(ODS_Load) with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to match grep pattern

Hi All, I am trying to select all files in a directory which are not with .gz extension . for which I am using below script , but its rejecting both .gz and .z extension files,as in each letter is considered separately. PFB ls -lrt | awk '{print $9}'| egrep "^IRAMS.*$" please suggest... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to grep the reqd field

hi all, i have a data sm thg like this 28504 0 abc 148782859 42 101M nhmmmm ilopo abc 2345432 i want to get only the field which is just aftr abc i,e., 148782859, 2345432 i have used grep /abc\t/ filename to get that but its not working can any 1 help me out (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to grep the process

I have user1 run a script called logginexpert.sh while has this line of code sleep 888I then login to another putty session with another user2 and try to grep for the logginexpert.sh process using ps -ef | grep exSunOS mymac 5.11 11.2 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise But, i dont get any... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to do grep in a script

Hi, I am trying to grep a filename from a script after taking the file name and other variables as keyboard input .When I run the grep command with the same filename on the prompt, it runs fine, but it is either not giving me the correct output or not running at all from the script using the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsid
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to grep using wildcard in a file.

I wish to check if my file has a line that does not start with '#' and has 1. Listen and 2. 443 echo "Listen 443" > test.out grep 'Listen *443' test.out | grep -v '#' Listen 443 The above worked fine but when the entry changes to the below the grep fails... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
DH_MISSING(1)							     Debhelper							     DH_MISSING(1)

NAME
       dh_missing - check for missing files

SYNOPSIS
       dh_missing [-Xitem] [--sourcedir=dir] [debhelperoptions]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_missing compares the list of installed files with the files in the source directory. If any of the files (and symlinks) in the source
       directory were not installed to somewhere, it will warn on stderr about that (--list-missing) or fail (--fail-missing).	Please note that
       without either of these options, dh_missing will silently do nothing.

This may be useful if you have a large package and want to make sure that you don't miss installing newly added files in new upstream
       releases.

Remember to test different kinds of builds (dpkg-buildpackage -A/-B/...) as you may experience varying results when only a subset of the
       packages are built.

FILES
       debian/not-installed
	   List the files that are deliberately not installed in any binary package.  Paths listed in this file are ignored by dh_missing.
	   However, it is not a method to exclude files from being installed by any of the debhelper tool.  If you want a tool to not install a
	   given file, please use its --exclude option (where available).

dh_missing will expand wildcards in this file (since debhelper 11.1).  Wildcards without matches will be ignored.

OPTIONS
       --list-missing
	   Warn on stderr about source files not installed to somewhere.

Note that files that are excluded from being moved via the -X option are not warned about.

This is the default in compat 12 and later.

--fail-missing
	   This option is like --list-missing, except if a file was missed, it will not only list the missing files, but also fail with a nonzero
	   exit code.

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10							     DH_MISSING(1)