Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers General Purpose XML Processing Post 302973809 by RavinderSingh13 on Sunday 22nd of May 2016 03:30:29 AM
Old 05-22-2016
Hello Corona688(One of the Gems of this forum),

First of all a big THANK YOU for writing this brilliant code Smilie(fan of you always). Could you please post a example or complex example for a Input_file and code too here, I apologies to bother you on same but it will be helpful for us to understand the code more clearly. I will be grateful to you if you could do so.

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for a general purpose System Monitor

Does anyone have any scripts or suggestions on a general purpose Unix/Linux monitoring tool? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on xml processing

I am trying to divide a xml file(my.xml) like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Proto PName="hmmmmmmm"> <Menu id="A" ver="1"> <P> <P name="AA" Type="X"/> <P name="BB" Type="Y"/> <P name="CC" Type="Z"/> </P> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: demoprog
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV processing to XML

Hi, i am really fresh with shell scripting and programming, i have an issue i am not able to solve to populate data on my server for Cisco IP phones. I have CSV file within the following format: ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel2008
9 Replies

4. Programming

help me with perl script xml processing

Hi everyone, I have Xml files in a folder, I need to extract some attribute values form xml files and store in a hash. My xml file look like this. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Servicelist xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavani reddy
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with XML file processing

I need to get all session_ID 's for product="D-0002" from a XML file: Sample input: <session session_ID="6411206" create_date="2012-04-10-10.22.13.000000"> <marketing_info> <program_id>D4AWFU</program_id> <subchannel_id>abc</subchannel_id> </marketing_info> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

processing xml with awk

With the following input sample extracted from a xml file <rel ver="123"> <mod name="on"> <node env="ac" env="1"> <ins ip="10.192.0.1"/> <ins ip="10.192.0.2"/> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cabrao
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

General Purpose Date Script

There must be thousands of one-off solutions scattered around this forum. GNU Date is so handy because it's general but if they're asking they probably don't have it. We have some nice scripts but they tend to need dates formatted in a very particular way. This is a rough approximation which... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
18 Replies
XML(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  XML(3pm)

NAME
CGI::XML - Perl extension for converting CGI.pm variables to/from XML SYNOPSIS
use CGI::XML; $q = new CGI::XML; # convert CGI.pm variables to XML $xml = $q->toXML; $xml = $q->toXML($root); # convert XML to CGI.pm variables $q->toCGI($xml); DESCRIPTION
The CGI::XML module converts CGI.pm variables to XML and vice versa. CGI::XML is a subclass of CGI.pm, so it reads the CGI variables just as CGI.pm would. METHODS
$q = new CGI::XML creates a new instance of CGI::XML. You also have access to all of the methods in CGI.pm. $q->toXML([$root]) where $root is an optional parameter that specifies the root element. By default, toXML will not return a root element. $q->toCGI($xml) where $xml is the XML you would like to convert to CGI.pm parameters. Values in the XML will overwrite any existing values if they exist. NOTE
CGI::XML does not currently handle multiple selections passed from HTML forms. This will be added in a future release. AUTHOR
Jonathan Eisenzopf <eisen@pobox.com> CONTRIBUTORS
David Black <dblack@candle.superlink.net> SEE ALSO
perl(1), XML::Parser(3). perl v5.8.8 2004-12-05 XML(3pm)