Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu How to access website without port in Ubuntu 14.04? Post 302973681 by orange47 on Friday 20th of May 2016 05:04:42 AM
Old 05-20-2016
when you don't mention the port, its 80.
the usual way is to configure the port number on server, I think.
perhaps you could do it with firewall/proxy/NAT.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

console access via serial port - settings

looking for the answer to console port access via 25pin serial. Can i tip in from another unix box for access? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplimarvelous
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restrict tcp-port access

Hi Is there any way to restrict the TCP-IP port usage. I want to restrict TCP-IP port 1500/1550 to the oracle osuser. Tanks in advance. Remi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: remivisser
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Not able to access wi-fi from ubuntu 9.04 -AMD 64-bit.

Hi, I am not able to access wi-fi network from my laptop HP-DV6-1111au. Please suggest how can i load a driver for the device and set the network right!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guru_gyan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Blocking particular website for specific thinclients on Ubuntu

We have server which is connected with more than 10 thin client machine. I have tried to block the websites ( facebook, orkut,twitter ) for all the users. it works fine for me. But , I want to block for particular user ( thinclient ) or by the way of IP address of machine. How can I do that. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavun_cool
3 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Limit access in Ubuntu

can we use semantec or any kind of software in ubuntu/linux to limit access of a user to edit a specific file? example::: a. will not play media player or use usb. we will edit blacklist.conf to do this. however user should still be able to do apt-get install, shutdown, edit other files etc.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

VPN ssh access over RDP port?

Guys, Can I use an open RDP port to gain ssh access to my Linux server running the other side of our firewall? I work from home on the odd occasion, we only have RDP port 3389 available once logged into the VPN. I would rather ssh into my workstation without the need for a desktop display. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
3 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Limit Website access upto specific count

Hi to all, I am new to Linux. but i am facing issue with my web server in Ubuntu 11.10. In my webserver i want to restrict maximum users website access (e.g., suppose i want to restrict users to access web to 250 persons in single time). So can you please suggest me to how to do that in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chintanghanti
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

How to authorisation resctricted access to public_ip:port/extension url in Ubuntu?

Hello, I am dealing with live video streaming server and have no problem with video quality. The main issue is that I am unable to restrict access to related address. Apache2 is installed into system. My objective is to make it "authorisation restricted access". There should be a username :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
3 Replies

9. Web Development

Apache website uri access

Hi i would like to grant access specific to one uri and rest of them should be denied. as follows: http://websitename/example user should be able to access htttp://websitename/other user should be denied (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghur77
1 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)