Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Revision of script from don
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Revision of script from don Post 302973539 by bcarosi on Wednesday 18th of May 2016 01:33:38 PM
Old 05-18-2016
Revision of script from don

Don,

I revised script but when I ran it I did not receive any log. I am not sure what you mean to run it in code tags. I am using a putty session and ssh but I did not get a trace log?

Barb

---------- Post updated at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:27 PM ----------

This is what I revised and it still looped with no log

Code:
 #!/usr/bin/ksh
set -xv

ERRORDIR=/home/p611568/d2e/error_directory
 while read -r i
 do  RECIPIENTS="$RECIPIENTS $i@stryder.aessuccess.org"
 done < /home/p611568/d2e/xenos_scripts/emailparm] CODE

RECIPIENTS=bcarosi

find /home/p611568/d2e/logs/*.rpt -mtime -10 ! -name '*ftplog*' | while read -r r1
# find /home/p611568/d2e/logs/*.rpt -mtime -8 ! -name '*ftplog*' | while read -r r1
 do  if grep -q CompletionCode "$r1"
     then
         if ! grep CompletionCode "$r1" | grep -q "CompletionCode: Value=0"
         then
             ( echo " There were errors in the following report file for Xenos:"
               echo
               echo "This files have been moved to $ERRORDIR"
               echo "$r1"
             ) | mail -s "$r1" $RECIPIENTS
             mv "$r1" "$ERRORDIR"
         fi
     fi
 done

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please post in an adequate forum!

Last edited by RudiC; 05-18-2016 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: Corrected code tags / moved thread.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I don't think this would be a problem to script but ...

:confused: I have not written any code in about 15 years. The company I work for has Unix servers and they utilize KSH. The scriptors say that what I want can only be scripted in PERL which on my server they say they cannot get to work. They also tell me that what I want done cannot be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CapnJuan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

don't know how to implentment as unix sh script

for each file if file name like xx* for each line in a file if substring(3,6) found in another txt file output to file-a( filename = orginal file + _a) else output to file-b( filename = orginal file + _a) end Next Line (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ttivanwan@yahoo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script don't stop

Hello everybody! I am new to this and I am trying to change a script in an open source program that plots some offset vectors and then calls a postscript viewer. I have commented away the call for the postscript viewer but somehow the script doesn't return to the shell prompt. I cant figure out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larne
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

don't understand the unix script

if {"$my_ext_type" = MAIN]; then cd $v_sc_dir Filex.SH $v_so_dir\/$v_fr_file Can somebody tell me what does this suggest. I am pretty new to unix and I am getting confused. What i understood from here is If we have a file extension name as MAIN which we have then we change the directory to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pochaman
1 Replies

5. Programming

Revision Control Sw

Hi All, Please let me know any freeware revision control software name and URL. Any response is highly appreciated. OS: Solaris 5.10 Thanks, Naga:cool: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

revision of copy script to allow for single quote

I have the following script that I use to copy a list of files from one dir to another, #!/usr/bin/bash # $1=filename of file with the list of files to copy # $2=column header for col in list file with filenames (filePath in most cases) # $3=src dir # $3=destination dir FILE_LIST="$1"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why don't kill the script after 5s?

# watchdog process mainpid=$$ (sleep 5; kill $mainpid) & watchdogpid=$! sleep 100 kill $watchdogpid The sleep isn't be killed, I want the script to be killed ---------- Post updated at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:04 AM ---------- I just modify the format of my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script to run a script which don't get terminated and send a pattern from the output by mail

Hi Guys, I am very new to shell script and I need your help here to write a script. Actually, I have a script abc.sh which don't get terminated itself. So I need to design a script to run this script, save the output to a file, search for a given string in the output and if it exists send those... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies
FAXCRON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							FAXCRON(8)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date (1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/status/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8), faxq(8), faxgetty(8), faxsend(8), xferfaxstats(8), recvstats(8), hylafax-server(5) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8)