Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris View/Transfer Files Android Phone Post 302973158 by Don Cragun on Sunday 15th of May 2016 12:43:19 PM
Old 05-15-2016
If you can transfer one file successfully over your cable now, can you use tar, cpio, or pax to create a single archive file containing everything you want to transfer and use the archive files to transfer your data back and forth?

What command(s) do you use to successfully transfer a file over your cable?

Can you mount the Android phone's filesystem (read-only obviously) from Solaris using your cable? That would allow you to rsync from the phone to Solaris.

Does your phone have multiple filesystems mounted, or is everything in the root filesystem? If it has multiple filesystems and you can put the files you want to sync on a filesystem that your phone doesn't need to write to while files are being synced, you could unmount that filesystem on your phone, remount it read-only, and then mount it read-write on Solaris to rsync back to your phone. (Just don't forget to unmount the Adroid filesystem from Solaris before you unmount it again on your phone and remount it read-write on your phone.)

Does your phone's OS include support for an NFS server? If so, can you export an NFS filesystem from your phone through your cable or by WiFi and mount that NFS filesystem on Solaris so you can rsync both ways?

Does you phone's OS include support for mounting NFS filesystems from a remote NFS server? If so export an NFS filesystem from your Solaris system and mount it on your phone...

If you can't cross-mount filesystems, are ftp, rcp, or even uucp possible?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Transfer files from Solaris to windows

Please let me know a efficient way to transfer files from a solaris to a windows machine. Total size of data is 800GB. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
3 Replies

2. Android

Will You Move to an Android Phone or Tablet?

Let's find out about users of Android. I'm becoming a big Android follower. You? After a lot of research, I am thinking to by the Samsung Galaxy S as soon as it updates to Android 2.2. I'm also closely following the release of the Samsung Galaxy Tab! (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

view gzipped files with name file.gz.$DATE on a Solaris box (without unzipping first)

Hi Howto view gzipped files with name file.gz.$DATE on a Solaris box (without unzipping first) $ ls -lrt total 4477 -rwxrwxr-x 1 oracle dba 569745 Apr 4 19:45 4_person2profileCon.txt.gz.04.04.11* -rwxrwxr-x 1 oracle dba 3783 Apr 4 19:45... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

USB File Transfer MacOS 10.6.5 to Android 2.2?

I'm trying to get a MacBook Air (MBA) running 10.6.5 to recognize a Samsung Galaxy S (Android 2.2) vis the USB interface for simple file transfers back and forth. Nothing works so far. I've tried many things! :wall: I noticed when I connect my phone to the MBA, there is a message in system.log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Command to list or view the files in .pkg (solaris) and how to extract without installing

In Linux for .rpm we can list or view the files using the command rpm -qpl <file.rpm> and to extract, the command is rpm2cpio <file.rpm> | cpio -idvh I would like to know the commands which has same functionality as above for solaris ( .pkg) Thanks in Advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
5 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How do i start a new thread with my android phone?

thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
6 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)