Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris View/Transfer Files Android Phone Post 302973155 by Nostradamus1973 on Sunday 15th of May 2016 08:51:21 AM
Old 05-15-2016
Oracle Solaris View/Transfer Files Android Phone

I'm trying to sync/transfer files from my UNIX box and Android Phone and vice versa.
I know that Android Phones show up seamlessly (mostly) in Linux given their incestuous relationship.

Is there a way to do it in UNIX or more specifically in Solaris 11.3 (i86)?Smilie
I haven't found one resource that show's that it can be done, HOWEVER, there are some pretty talented players in this forum that might say it can be done.Smilie

I've spent many hours trying to find a solution, hence the reason I'm in here desperately needing help.Smilie
I tried "Software Data Cable" from the Google play store, it sort of works, but, it is limited to single file transfer only in one direction, which is unacceptable to transfer large swaths of MP3 files.

Harware:
UNIX Box: AMD FX Series 8 Core with 16 GB of RAM.
Phone: LG Optimus Pro Indigo (E980).

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks for listening.

-Pete

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Transfer files from Solaris to windows

Please let me know a efficient way to transfer files from a solaris to a windows machine. Total size of data is 800GB. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
3 Replies

2. Android

Will You Move to an Android Phone or Tablet?

Let's find out about users of Android. I'm becoming a big Android follower. You? After a lot of research, I am thinking to by the Samsung Galaxy S as soon as it updates to Android 2.2. I'm also closely following the release of the Samsung Galaxy Tab! (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

view gzipped files with name file.gz.$DATE on a Solaris box (without unzipping first)

Hi Howto view gzipped files with name file.gz.$DATE on a Solaris box (without unzipping first) $ ls -lrt total 4477 -rwxrwxr-x 1 oracle dba 569745 Apr 4 19:45 4_person2profileCon.txt.gz.04.04.11* -rwxrwxr-x 1 oracle dba 3783 Apr 4 19:45... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

USB File Transfer MacOS 10.6.5 to Android 2.2?

I'm trying to get a MacBook Air (MBA) running 10.6.5 to recognize a Samsung Galaxy S (Android 2.2) vis the USB interface for simple file transfers back and forth. Nothing works so far. I've tried many things! :wall: I noticed when I connect my phone to the MBA, there is a message in system.log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Command to list or view the files in .pkg (solaris) and how to extract without installing

In Linux for .rpm we can list or view the files using the command rpm -qpl <file.rpm> and to extract, the command is rpm2cpio <file.rpm> | cpio -idvh I would like to know the commands which has same functionality as above for solaris ( .pkg) Thanks in Advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
5 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How do i start a new thread with my android phone?

thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
6 Replies
JSYMPHONIC(1)						      General Commands Manual						     JSYMPHONIC(1)

NAME
jsymphonic - File manager for Sony's MP3 players SYNOPSIS
jsymphonic DESCRIPTION
jsymphonic manages files stored on a Sony MP3 player plugged onto the computer. Important note: The MP3 player should be mounted first ! You might want to use pmount(1) to mount it without needing root privileges. The first time it is run, jsymphonic will ask you in which directory the MP3 player is mounted. This directory should not change, or you will need to configure it again. If jsymphonic complains that it cannot find the OMGAUDIO folder, it means that either the music player is not mounted, either the path of the player has not been set yet. If that is the case, set it using the JSymphonic/Properties menu item. JAVA-WRAPPERS NOTE This program is a shell script wrapper based on java-wrappers(7). You therefore benefit from several features; please see the java-wrap- pers(7) manual page for more information about them. SEE ALSO
pmount(1) and java-wrappers(7) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Vincent Fourmond <fourmond@debian.org> from the Debian project, but may be used by others. 26-01-2009 JSYMPHONIC(1)