Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Usage of '.' in MV command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Usage of '.' in MV command Post 302973105 by rahualux on Saturday 14th of May 2016 12:20:01 PM
Old 05-14-2016
Usage of '.' in MV command

Hi,

Could you please let me know, why we should not use '.' in move command, if we use it, is it something wrong.. Please share the details on it.

Code:

/home/rahualux/emp.csv /home/rahualux/details/employee_files/.

Or other example for mutlipile files

Code:

/home/rahualux/*.csv /home/rahualux/details/employee_files/.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file command usage

Hi, i would like to determine how many shell scripts are in a directory. Someone recommended me the file command, but i don't know how to use it in that way. anybody??? Thanks!!! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfad
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cksum command usage

Hi All, I am using cksum command in s script to check integrity of set of files transffred across the network. What are the advantages and disadvantages/limitations of this command? Is the byte count return reliable? What are the other alternatives I could use for this purpose? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Axis99
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Glance command Usage

Hello We have used Glance command to check Cpu Uage , bit new to Glance command , HP-UXdev # glance B3692A GlancePlus C.03.71.00 18:21:16 nedunix2 9000/800 Current Avg High -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CPU Util S SN NU | 43% 59%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lukas_pise
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of prealloc command

hi please tell me the usage of prealloc command. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2002anand
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo - command usage

Hi, I have few doubts regarding "sudo" command. It acutally allows access to other commands as a different user. It stands for "superuser do". Now, we execute a command as sudo su - oracle Can you please tell me what does it do actually, thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -v command usage?

I am trying to output a log file from cp usage. I think this can be achieved. In my code I have this. cp -i -v ~/files/* ~/backups/oldfiles/;; > ~/logs/logfile.logThe error I get is "syntax error near unexpected token '>' What am I missing? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameinn
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort command usage

I have one file like this: NEW /ifs/SQL_Backups3/SQL_SharePoint1 NEW /ifs/SQL_Backups/SQL_SharePointThis can be easily sorted by the following command: cat file| sort -k3,3nBut I have another file like this: /Pool0/local/Benchmark /Pool0/local/CRAD /Pool0/local/crdhw/espresso_scratch1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
5 Replies
scrl(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    scrl(3XCURSES)

NAME
scrl, scroll, wscrl - scroll a window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int scrl(int n); int scroll(WINDOW *win); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); PARAMETERS
n number and direction of lines to scroll win pointer to the window in which to scroll DESCRIPTION
The scroll() function scrolls the window win up one line. The current cursor position is not changed. The scrl() and wscrl() functions scroll the window stdscr or win up or down n lines, where n is a positive (scroll up) or negative (scroll down) integer. The scrollok(3XCURSES) function must be enabled for these functions to work. RETURN VALUES
On success, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
clearok(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jun 2002 scrl(3XCURSES)