Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Security of Environment Variables Post 302972902 by vbe on Wednesday 11th of May 2016 12:48:06 PM
Old 05-11-2016
maybe if you gave an example or be more clear in of what you are trying to do, we could give our comments...
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the use of Environment variables

what is the actual use of environment variables. I know only PS1, LOGNAME, PS2 variables what are the other variables & what is there use (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianguru
2 Replies

2. Programming

environment variables

Hi! How-to get the environment variables in GNU. getenv() only fetches the ones that you can find under export (not the ones under declare)... best regars .David (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

environment variables

Hi Folks, Is it possible somehow to unset all the environment variables which have been defined before in UNIX (Solaris). Thanks, Slava (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spavlov
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help..Environment variables...

hi, 1). i would like to know what is meant by environment variables? 2). is the number of envi variables is a constant number for unix systems? 3). how to see the list of envi variables (and the values of the envi variables)in a single command? 4). if this questions were already asked... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
3 Replies

5. Programming

environment variables

hi, I want to create a new EV(Environment Variable) through a c program and I done this thing through setenv() method. But the newly created EV is not permanent, i.e. when I exit from the program the EV also no longer lives. But I want to make it a permanent EV for the current user. Actually I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumsin
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

environment variables

Hi, If i have a variable set and exported in my pofile file will that variable be available in all shell scripts created. Thanks, Radhika. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika03
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using environment variables

say i define an environment variable in a particular script (upgrade.sh). my script is upgarde.sh and it calls another script try.sh. will this environment variable be accessible to try.sh also. if not how to I make environment variables global so that they can be used by any script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Environment variables

why are all environment variables represented in a fixed format regardless of the shell you use? like $HOME $PATH etc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Environment variables

I have read tons of posts about how you can't set persisting environment variable in a child script of a shell and have it persist. The only way is to source a file as % . <scriptname> I am finding that true... but I know there is a way around it. I just don't know how. I worked for 6... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwa25
5 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Environment Variables

1. The problem statement: What is the mesg value set for your environment? If it is on, how would you turn off your current session? How would you set it permanently? 3. The attempts at a solution : Read Unix The textbook. 3rd chapter has many things like environment variables and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahinkhan22
5 Replies
NWPQJOB(1)                                                            nwpqjob                                                           NWPQJOB(1)

NAME
nwpqjob - Perform operations on the jobs in NetWare print queue SYNOPSIS
nwpqjob [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] < -d | -r > queue_name job_ID [ another_job_ID ... ] pqrm [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] queue_name job_ID [ another_job_ID ... ] DESCRIPTION
pqrm or nwpqjob -d remove specified jobs from the specified NetWare print queue. nwpqjob -r resumes specified job in the specified NetWare print queue. nwpqjob looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
-d Delete specified print job(s). This is default operation for pqrm. -r Resume (clear OPERATOR HOLD and USER HOLD flags) specified print job(s). queue_name queue_name is used to specify queue. You can not use wildcards in the name. job_ID , another_job_ID job_ID is used to specify which job has to be deleted or resumed. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -P password You may want to give the password required by the server on the command line. You should be careful about using passwords in scripts. -n -n should be given to mount shares which do not require a password to log in. If neither -n nor -P are given, pqstat prompts for a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), nprint(1), slist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), pqlist(1), pqstat(1) CREDITS
nwpqjob was written by Petr Vandrovec (vandrove@vc.cvut.cz). Resuming of print jobs was added by Zdenek Roub (zroub@ssps.zcu.cz). nwpqjob 07/16/2003 NWPQJOB(1)