Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rngd: failed fips test
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Rngd: failed fips test Post 302972560 by radha254 on Saturday 7th of May 2016 02:24:11 AM
Old 05-07-2016
Hello All ,

I figured out what the issue is , good to close this Thread.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad day !! test condition failed --need a one liner to do --help

Hi all this is simple but bad day for me nothing work out .. Problem is that I wan to check the argument passed to my script and accordignly exit or setup ENV variable I have a script name src_cpcp_preproc.sh i want to pass 2 argumet from command line argumet and check it in the script... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
13 Replies

2. Red Hat

validate test failed

hi everybody, I am new in Linux. I have successfully installed knoppix in my laptop, however, when I want to install ns2.26, some errors occurs in validation test.. It returned "Some Test failed" and it give some comands to re-run the test. I have already set the path before the validation test.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie06
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

6. Linux

Issue with FIPS

Hello, I'm facing an issue after upgrading CFT (File transfer tool) from 2.5 to 2.7, on one of our test Linux boxes. With CFT profile loaded, we can not initiate remote connections (ssh user @ server). We have the following message: OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 90801f, You... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joyb25
3 Replies
Image::ExifTool::AES(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Image::ExifTool::AES(3pm)

NAME
Image::ExifTool::AES - AES encryption with cipher-block chaining SYNOPSIS
use Image::ExifTool::AES qw(Crypt); $err = Crypt($plaintext, $key, 1); # encryption $err = Crypt($ciphertext, $key); # decryption DESCRIPTION
This module contains an implementation of the AES encryption/decryption algorithms with cipher-block chaining (CBC) and RFC 2898 PKCS #5 padding. This is the AESV2 and AESV3 encryption mode used in PDF documents. EXPORTS
Exports nothing by default, but "Crypt" may be exported. METHODS
Crypt Implement AES encryption/decryption with cipher-block chaining. Inputs: 0) Scalar reference for data to encrypt/decrypt. 1) Encryption key string (must have length 16, 24 or 32). 2) [optional] Encrypt flag (false to decrypt). 3) [optional] Flag to avoid removing padding after decrypting, or to avoid adding 16 bytes of padding before encrypting when data length is already a multiple of 16 bytes. Returns: On success, the return value is undefined and the data is encrypted or decrypted as specified. Otherwise returns an error string and the data is left in an indeterminate state. Notes: The length of the encryption key dictates the AES mode, with lengths of 16, 24 and 32 bytes resulting in AES-128, AES-192 and AES-256. When encrypting, the input data may be any length and will be padded to an even 16-byte block size using the specified padding technique. If the encrypt flag has length 16, it is used as the initialization vector for the cipher-block chaining, otherwise a random IV is generated. Upon successful return the data will be encrypted, with the first 16 bytes of the data being the CBC IV. When decrypting, the input data begins with the 16-byte CBC initialization vector. BUGS
This code is blindingly slow. But in truth, slowing down processing is the main purpose of encryption, so this really can't be considered a bug. AUTHOR
Copyright 2003-2011, Phil Harvey (phil at owl.phy.queensu.ca) This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. REFERENCES
<http://www.hoozi.com/Articles/AESEncryption.htm> http://www.csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips/fips197/fips-197.pdf <http://www.csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips/fips197/fips-197.pdf> <http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3602.html> SEE ALSO
Image::ExifTool(3pm) perl v5.12.4 2011-03-04 Image::ExifTool::AES(3pm)