Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking DNS problem : ping doesn't recognize hostname Post 302972046 by Robert Walker on Friday 29th of April 2016 02:38:57 AM
Old 04-29-2016
Refresh your setting to resolve DNS issue in your computer. Go to network adapter setting and do disable and again enable. For more see my logic at

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doesn't recognize the mv command

I'm nearly finished my program i've got everything in place and than when i run it it comes back with the reply mv: command not found. This is the code that seems to be causing the problem. elif then echo "There are more than one '$1' files in the system." echo "Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoolz
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

UX 11iV2 - No ping by hostname

Hi. I just installed the HP-UX 11i V2. I have problems with CDE - it is inoperative (after logon there is a message box: messaging system failure - or something like that, it asks to check /etc/hosts and network settings). nslookup works by hostname and IP, hostname shown the correct... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: netwalker
7 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP-UX 11.11: X doesn't recognize mouse and keyboard

hi folks, i've got a blank hp visualize C3000 workstation and installed HP-UX 11.11. When I want to start X, I get the following error message: # X Fatal server error: Couldn't open X pointer device! Is one attached? I've connected an mouse and a keyboard with an usb/ps2 connector.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grisu
5 Replies

4. Solaris

cannot ping by hostname

Hi All, My current setup is: 1x Windows Server (Windows 2000 server) 1x Unix Server 2x Windows machine 3x Unix Terminals (Hostnames = A, B and C) Problem The problem iam having is Unix terminal C cannot be ping across by Unix terminal A or B or Unix server by using the hostname. Unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tlee
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Can't ping using hostname on Solaris 10

I recently installed Solaris 10 on my Sun workstation. I cannot ping using hostname from another computer on the same network. But I can ping using the IP address. Also I can ping other systems using their hostnames. Can anyone give some information regarding how to resolve this issue. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpha123
4 Replies

6. AIX

Ping by hostname

Hello everyone I have a partition with a problem with ping. If I do a ping by ip for example ping 1.1.1.1 I got no problem but If I ping by hostname for example ping partition1 take almost a minute to respond me. I have Aix 5.3 and I have another 19 partitions with no problem. The only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ping by hostname not working

anyone ever seen this problem: I can ping the server by IP address but I can't by hostname. nslookup is working and dns query is ok. # nslookup mwxnsb24 Server: 10.11.49.206 Address: 10.11.49.206#53 Name: mwxnsb24 Address: 10.10.58.175 # ping... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect doesn't recognize a password prompt

Hi. Here is beginning of my script #!/usr/local/bin/expect -- set timeout 15 spawn /usr/local/account.sh -n modify expect "Password:" {send "mypassword\r"} But due to some terminal control sequences (or something else, dunno exactly) my password prompt is looking like this: and expect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Value of variable is NULL, but test doesn't seem to recognize

Hello, Unix-forums! My problem: read -p "Enter any number, please" number sleep 1 echo $number | tr -d 0-9 test -z $number && echo "Thank you" || echo "This is not a number"Test always displays "This is not a number". It doesn't matter if I entered a or 1. But if I order echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: intelinside
2 Replies
VMBLOCK(9)							   Open VM Tools							VMBLOCK(9)

NAME
vmblock - vmware kernel module SYNOPSIS
modprobe vmblock DESCRIPTION
This is a kernel filesystem module. Ideally, it should be loaded before any of the Tools userlevel components are allowed to start, though vmblock itself has no dependencies. When loaded, vmblock will establish itself in /proc/fs/vmblock and create two nodes therein, dev and mountPoint. Before mounting a vmblock filesystem, ensure that /tmp/VMwareDnD exists as a directory with permissions 1777, otherwise host to guest drag n' drop operations won't work. To mount, issue: mount -t vmblock none /proc/fs/vmblock/mountPoint Once mounted, vmware-user(1) can begin to make use of vmblock to assist with DnD operations. Note that while vmware-user(1) is running, it'll keep an open file descriptor on /proc/fs/vmblock/dev, and thus all vmware-user(1) instances must be killed to unmount and unload vmblock. OPTIONS
vmblock has no options. SEE ALSO
vmware-checkvm(1) vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) vmware-xferlogs(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmblock and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMBLOCK(9)