Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Crontab Post 302972005 by bdittmar on Thursday 28th of April 2016 08:30:56 AM
Old 04-28-2016
Example

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimob
Thank You Corona688 for your help,

could you be more specific , where i have to put the command ? in the window when i write crontab -e. In the blank window ?
i have to put
Code:
* * * * * . /etc/profile ( what do you mean with this ? )

Best regards,
Hello,

something like .
Code:
00    18      *       *       1-5     export USER=jobs110;sh /erpln/bse/etc/rc.startjob 110-00-0003

or
Code:
* * * * *       /usr/bin/ksh /erpln/bse/etc/check_modified_files_all.sh 2>&1 >> /erpln/bse/etc/check_modified_files_all.log

Regards

Last edited by vbe; 04-28-2016 at 09:39 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to bdittmar For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab

Hi I have a shell script which works fine at the command line and does works in crontab also but does not send the output to mail as other scripts do by default. 10 1 * * * /export/home/test/report_script by default should send the output to mail but the script runs OK and the output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about crontab

dear all , does any one now how can i become sure that the crontab that i put was working successfully not by looking for thr result of the sheduled task but from a log for the crontab or something similar and i need to check that the cron i wrote is correct 00 15 * * 0,1,2,3,6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab

How can I run "crontab" (parameters) every 6 hours on solaris machine? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gen4ik
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with crontab

i have a ksh script that creates messages in a temp directory and then sends them out using the sendmail command and i'm trying to set it up to run every night with crontab. So the basic gist of the script is #create temp dir and messages ... #loop through each message and send using sendmail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob122480
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab

hi all how to schedule the crontab file in unix? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss4u
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Crontab

Hi All, I've a shell script which calls a Sybase stored procedure to do some functionality. I want to schedule the running of this script by crontab. I'm using Solaris 5.8. When i executed the following command crontab -l i got the output as crontab: can't open your crontab file How... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh.abraham
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab help

hi, I run a .sh file using crontab. I need to know the path of the file . Previously when I run the file alone , i used "pwd" but now when using crontab it gives the temp directory of the file. Is there any way I can find the absolute path of the file when i execute it ? Regards, Ranga (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_W213
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help regarding crontab

Dear All jobs are scheduled in crontab . To view this I use crontab -l . But suddenly today I am not able to see any jobs that is being scheduled in crontab. when I type crontab -l , I am seeing nothing.I am not logging through admin user(i dont have it).But I can schedule jobs through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab

I have a crontab entry,but it is not working. Can anybody help me in this regard?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sourav_Paul
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at vs crontab

Hi, can someone explain the differences between using the at and crontab commands. When would you use one command over the other? TIA Dom (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: domburf69
1 Replies
KEP_RELOAD(1)						      General Commands Manual						     KEP_RELOAD(1)

NAME
kep_reload - Update Predict's Keplerian elements SYNOPSIS
kep_reload DESCRIPTION
KEP_RELOAD is a simple utility that forces an immediate reload of PREDICT's Keplerian database through a socket connection while PREDICT is running in server mode. It is especially useful in environments where PREDICT runs continuously, and periodic Keplerian element updates are made outside of PREDICT, such as through scripts run through a crontab. The "kepupdate" script found in this directory is an example of a Keplerian element update script that can be run on an automated basis through a crontab. It is designed to be placed in your home directory under a subdirectory called "cronjobs". It downloads Keplerian orbital data from www.celestrak.com using the HTTP protocol. (The "wget" utility, available from the Free Software Foundation, is required, and is included in many Linux distrubutions.) Type crontab -e to edit your crontab. Simply add the following entry: 0 8 * * * kepupdate and your orbital database will update each morning at 8:00 AM (provided you have a network connection at that time). See the crontab man page for more information on editing your crontab. AUTHOR
This man page was written by A. Maitland Bottoms, AA4HS, for Debian GNU/Linux. 31 August 2003 KEP_RELOAD(1)