Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find Large Files Recursively From Specific Directory Post 302971907 by aimy on Tuesday 26th of April 2016 10:16:41 PM
Old 04-26-2016
RedHat Find Large Files Recursively From Specific Directory

Hi.

I found many scripts in the web of achieving this.

But I like to use this one
Code:
find /EDWH-DMT03 -xdev -size +10000 -exec ls -la {} \;|sort -n -k 5 > LARGE.rst

But the problem is, why it still list out files with 89 bytes as the output? Is there anything wrong with the command?

My UNIX environment is as below
Code:
HP-UX system1 B.11.31 U ia64 0189138652 unlimited-user license

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively copy only specific files from a directory tree

Hi I am a shell-script newbie and am looking to synchronize certain files in two directory structures. Both these directory-trees are in CVS and so I dont want the CVS directory to be copied over. I want only .sh and .pl files in each subdirectory under these directory trees to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharpsharkrocks
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a specific files in a many directory

Dear All, Appreciate some help here. I have a log of report. It located in several directory as below: Directory: mysscpr1 mysscpr2 mysscpr3 my_scnpr4 In the directory it contain hundred of files. i need to find a specific files that contain 'invc2345' in the directory. How... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: selamba_warrior
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files recursively in the specified directory

I have to write a shell script which can delete all the files and directories recursively inside the specified directory but should not delete the specified directory. Please some body help me in writing the script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively move directories along with files/specific files

I would like to transfer all files ending with .log from /tmp and to /tmp/archive (using find ) The directory structure looks like :- /tmp a.log b.log c.log /abcd d.log e.log When I tried the following command , it movies all the log files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using find in a directory containing large number of files

Hi All, I have searched this forum for related posts but could not find one that fits mine. I have a shell script which removes all the XML tags including the text inside the tags from some 4 million XML files. The shell script looks like this (MODIFIED): find . "*.xml" -print | while read... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find recursively all shell script in the /xyz directory

Pls. advise how to find or used grep recursively all shell script files. Some files doesnt have a .sh or .ksh extension name. find / -name "*" |xargs grep bin |grep sh ?? TIA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: budz26
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all the files under a specific directory and zip them into a single file.

Hi, Is there a way to find all the files from a specific location and then zip them into a single file, even if they are in multiple directories? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find specific files only in current directory...not sub directories AIX

Hi, I have to find specific files only in the current directory...not in the sub directories. But when I use Find command ... it searches all the files in the current directory as well as in the subdirectories. I am using AIX-UNIX machine.Please help.. I am using the below command. And i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aakishore
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Specific Files Recursively

Is it possible to only copy selected files+its directories when you are copying recursively? find /OriginalFolder/* -type -d \{ -mtime 1 -o -mtime 2 \ } -exec cp -R {} /CopyTo/'hostname'__CopyTo/ \; -print From the above line, I want to only copy *txt and *ini files from /OriginalFolder/* ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apacheLinux
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files recursively to one single directory

I need to copy a complete directory structure into a new location. But I want to have all files copied into one directory and leave out the directory structure. So all files must be placed in one directory. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ReneVL
4 Replies
Module::CPANTS::Kwalitee::Version(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    Module::CPANTS::Kwalitee::Version(3pm)

NAME
Module::CPANTS::Kwalitee::Files - Check for various files SYNOPSIS
Find various files and directories that should be part of every self-respecting distribution. DESCRIPTION
Methods order Defines the order in which Kwalitee tests should be run. Returns 10, as data generated by "MCK::Files" is used by all other tests. map_filenames get db_filenames from real_filenames analyse "MCK::Files" uses "File::Find" to get a list of all files and dirs in a dist. It checks if certain crucial files are there, and does some other file-specific stuff. get_files The subroutine used by "File::Find". Unfortunantly, it depends on some global values. kwalitee_indicators Returns the Kwalitee Indicators datastructure. o extractable o extracts_nicely o has_readme o has_manifest o has_meta_yml o has_buildtool o has_changelog o no_symlinks o has_tests o has_tests_in_t_dir o buildfile_not_executabel o has_example (optional) o no_generated_file o has_version_in_each_file o no_stdin_for_prompting SEE ALSO
Module::CPANTS::Analyse AUTHOR
Thomas Klausner <https://metacpan.org/author/domm> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright X 2003X2006, 2009 Thomas Klausner <https://metacpan.org/author/domm> You may use and distribute this module according to the same terms that Perl is distributed under. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-08 Module::CPANTS::Kwalitee::Version(3pm)