Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Cut command: can't make it cut fields Post 302971681 by MadeInGermany on Sunday 24th of April 2016 02:11:09 AM
Old 04-24-2016
My_dir.tsv is empty!?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to cut fields

I want to cut two coloums simulatiously and paste in some other file for ex: cut d ' ' -f3 -f4 xxx | paste yyy - > zzz; from the above i want to cut two fileds 3 and 4 and paste as last coloums of single file (zzz). how to solve this regards rajan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Last 3 Fields

I have a text: dsj khfksjdh <time> EST 2006 ab cgnr jkkjt <time> EST 2006 gfhdgjghg <time> EST 2006 fkdjh kjhsekjrh kdjhfkh jhdfkhfdkjh kjdf <time> EST 2006 In the above file i need to extract time from every line... which is always the third from the last... Pls help! Cheers, Bouren (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bourne
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut: get either one or two fields

Hello, I would like to extract one or two fields of a line. At the moment, I am extracting the first field of a line: command | cut -f 1 -d '.' > file The line can have two or three fields delimited with a dot. if three fields, I want to be able to get the first two ie if line =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxvirrozeito
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed cut? to rearrange random number of fields into 3 fields

I'm working on formatting some attendance data to meet a vendors requirements to upload to their system. With some help on the forums here, I have the data close. But they've since changed what they want. The vendor wants me to submit three fields to them. Field 1 is the studentid field,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axo959
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make the cut command read a column after logical statements are meet?

Hi, I want to write a code that will cut everything that is under a couple of columns in a text file but so far I am not even close to achieve something like that. Basically, I want to cut all the information from the columns and transfer the column information to a spread sheet. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pericopericone
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut pid from ps using cut command

hay i am trying to get JUST the PID from the ps command. my command line is: ps -ef | grep "mintty" | cut -d' ' -f2 but i get an empty line. i assume that the delimiter is not just one space character, but can't figure out what should i do in order to do that. i know i can use awk or cut... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran ber
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a separator string between fields in cut -c command

Hi All, I'm trying to view data using cut command for a fixed length file using the below command: cut -c 1-3,4-5 FALCON_PIS_00000000.dat I want to mention a separator say | (pipe) in between 1-3 and 4-5. Please let me know how to achieve this. Thanks in Advance, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Count Fields For Cut?

I am new to cut and I want to use the field option with a space delimiter on an Apache log file. For example, if I wanted to find the 200 HTTP code using cut in this manner on the file below cat access_abc.log | cut -d' ' -f7 | grep "200" 157.55.39.183 - - "GET /content/696-news041305... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharingsunshine
4 Replies
SQLLINE:(1)							   User Commands						       SQLLINE:(1)

NAME
sqlline - JDBC command-line utility for issuing SQL SYNOPSIS
sqlline [ option... ] DESCRIPTION
-u <database url> the JDBC URL to connect to -n <username> the username to connect as -p <password> the password to connect as -d <driver class> the driver class to use --color=[true/false] control whether color is used for display --showHeader=[true/false] show column names in query results --headerInterval=ROWS; the interval between which heades are displayed --fastConnect=[true/false] skip building table/column list for tab-completion --autoCommit=[true/false] enable/disable automatic transaction commit --verbose=[true/false] show verbose error messages and debug info --showWarnings=[true/false] display connection warnings --force=[true/false] continue running script even after errors --maxWidth=MAXWIDTH the maximum width of the terminal --maxColumnWidth=MAXCOLWIDTH the maximum width to use when displaying columns --silent=[true/false] be more silent --autosave=[true/false] automatically save preferences --outputformat=[table/vertical/csv/tsv] format mode for result display --isolation=LEVEL set the transaction isolation level --help display this message Usage: java sqlline.SqlLine -u <database url> the JDBC URL to connect to -n <username> the username to connect as -p <password> the password to connect as -d <driver class> the driver class to use --color=[true/false] control whether color is used for display --showHeader=[true/false] show column names in query results --headerInterval=ROWS; the interval between which heades are displayed --fastConnect=[true/false] skip building table/column list for tab-completion --autoCommit=[true/false] enable/disable automatic transaction commit --verbose=[true/false] show verbose error messages and debug info --showWarnings=[true/false] display connection warnings --force=[true/false] continue running script even after errors --maxWidth=MAXWIDTH the maximum width of the terminal --maxColumnWidth=MAXCOLWIDTH the maximum width to use when displaying columns --silent=[true/false] be more silent --autosave=[true/false] automatically save preferences --outputformat=[table/vertical/csv/tsv] format mode for result display --isolation=LEVEL set the transaction isolation level --help display this message -u <database url> the JDBC URL to connect to -n <username> the username to connect as -p <password> the password to connect as -d <driver class> the driver class to use --color=[true/false] control whether color is used for display --showHeader=[true/false] show column names in query results --headerInterval=ROWS; the interval between which heades are displayed --fastConnect=[true/false] skip building table/column list for tab-completion --autoCommit=[true/false] enable/disable automatic transaction commit --verbose=[true/false] show verbose error messages and debug info --showWarnings=[true/false] display connection warnings --force=[true/false] continue running script even after errors --maxWidth=MAXWIDTH the maximum width of the terminal --maxColumnWidth=MAXCOLWIDTH the maximum width to use when displaying columns --silent=[true/false] be more silent --autosave=[true/false] automatically save preferences --outputformat=[table/vertical/csv/tsv] format mode for result display --isolation=LEVEL set the transaction isolation level --help display this message sqlline August 2008 SQLLINE:(1)