Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Project using awk
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Project using awk Post 302971668 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 23rd of April 2016 11:41:43 AM
Old 04-23-2016
Hi,

The is a wrong double quote (coming from Microsoft Word?) you need to use " .

The general format in the mid section is :
Code:
condition { action }

so
Code:
{NR > 1}

makes no sense, since it is a condition, not an action
Also, in the BEGIN {} section, NR is always 0

Code:
Taxes = {MO|KS , .08|.07}

I don't know what you are doing here. If it is a string assignment then you need to use double quotes..

It is good practice to properly indent to improve readability, but also so you can easily see if the format is correct and the right number of curly braces have been used.

Look for the difference between BEGIN, END and middle section...

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 04-24-2016 at 08:53 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Project Help

hi all. Im not sure whether this is the correct forum to post in, but here goes. I've been given my first year (uni) project c++, a pretty small one really. Problem is I have written a code, but I havent tested or debugged it (dont ask). Can someone check it and correct any errors I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shade
1 Replies

2. Programming

a little project i need some help with

Hell everyone, i am trying to write a program for work, i am doing an internship there, where the program will list all the files on the Unix Server(soloaris 9) for all the engineers to look at. The code i have so far works to display all files, but the program also needs to check and see if the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShenTech
3 Replies

3. Programming

First Project help

People I am a new developer and this is my first project so i need your help.I have completed the connection part of my chat server now i need to develop it further for which i need help from someone so please help me out. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunjag
6 Replies

4. Solaris

SSH doesn't pick up user's project from /etc/project

We have a system running ssh. When a user logs in, they do not get the project they are assigned to (they run under "system"). I verify the project using the command "ps -e -o user,pid,ppid,args,project". If you do a "su - username", the user does get the project they are assigned to (and all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurgan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, shell script reverse engineering app generator - project

Hi, this is fantastic forum for shell programming and scripting, so please let me to introduce you with my very old concept to have web form/s with radio, select, input fields and have an application generating valid, syntax error free scripting code. The same or alike questions are asked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darius2
2 Replies

6. Solaris

what is the use of /etc/project file and project administration commands?

i have two doubts.. 1. what is the use /etc/project file. i renamed this file and when i tried to switch user or login with some user account the login was happening slowly. but when i renamed it to original name it was working fine... why so? 2. unix already has useradd and grouadd for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need ideas for graduation project based on unix or linux Need ideas for graduation project based on

Dear all, i am in last year of electronics department in engineering faculty i need suggestions for a graduation project based on unix or free bsd or linux and electronics "embedded linux " i think about embedded unix for example or device drivers please i need helps (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MOHA-1
1 Replies

8. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FINDING DUPLICATE PROJECT ( directory project )

I have a project tree like that. after running find command with the -no -empty option, i am able to have a list of non empty directory DO_MY_SEARCH="find . -type d -not -empty -print0" MY_EXCLUDE_DIR1=" -e NOT_IN_USE -e RTMAP -e NOT_USEFULL " echo " " > $MY_TEMP_RESULT_1 while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)