Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Problem using sudo with NOPASSWD Post 302970810 by vbe on Tuesday 12th of April 2016 04:17:47 AM
Old 04-12-2016
You didnt copy exactly the line... And you did not give absolute path to su...

I removed /usr/local/sudo...
And the reason of inverting is I dont know what version of HP-UX you are on nor do we know which sudo, sudo behaviour cant change drastically depending on how good you know the product and compile with your custom options...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with sudo su and .sh script

here is my script: #!/bin/sh cd /Users/a echo "what is the name of the file u want?" read var1 var1=$var1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudo command problem

Hi All, I am tring to redirect mails comming to my user id to a script. In other word trigger a script when a mail comes to my user id. Actually , Admin team has done all this to me previously. in my script i am doing like /usr/local/bin/sudo -u parbrxs /export/home/parbrxs/bin/parbrxs.sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindtee_abhi
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Switch user :NOPASSWD setting

Hi All, I want trigger a script "abhishektest.sh "whenever a mail come to a user say "abhishek" in my unix server. I dont have root permission. So, for doing this i added abhishek : "|/export/abhishek/bin/wr_test.sh in /etc/mail/aliases in wr_test file : i need to put this line, as i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindtee_abhi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script problem , sudo mount command

cat test.sh sudo mount -t vfat /dev/sda7 /media/Ddrive If i double click the test.sh file and select run in terminal then the terminal prompts for password. How can i avoid typing password? Or if i double click test.sh file and select run then nothing happens. What i'm trying "Double... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
3 Replies

5. Linux

Sudo Problem?

Hi I wanted to add a group using 1 id which is not root but has some sudo privileges. test@test>sudo -l gives this (root) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/passwd, /usr/sbin/useradd, /usr/sbin/usermod, /usr/sbin/userdel, /usr/bin/tee, /usr/bin/grep, /bin/grep, /usr/bin/chmod, /bin/chmod, /usr/bin/echo,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: datkan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem with password expire and sudo.

Hi, I have a small problem that I need to address regarding the password expiration for a number of different oracle accounts. Currently I have the MAXWEEKS set to 12 in the /etc/default/passwd file for all accounts. I also have sudo installed on the server and users access the oracle accounts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Sudo inside a here document

Have a sudo statement inside of a here document. It prompts me for a password, but doesnt wait for me to enter my password. Is there a way I can use the command without sudo or anyway that I can enter the password correctly? Eg : while read remotehost do ssh -t $2@$remotehost ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo wildcards problem: for every argument a *-wildcard? Better solution?

Hi I allow the user tommy to run this command as root sudoCommand: /app/appname/connectors/*/*/current/bin/*With "sudo -l" he sees the sudoers, but is unable to execute. $ sudo /app/appname/connectors/zur/namename/current/bin/othername agentsvc --i --u root --sn 1m7command Sorry, user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem connect to a different server then do sudo login and finally run some scripts and get result

I have to write a shell script in my current linux server and I have to connect to a different server then do sudo login and finally run some scripts residing in a particular directory and get results back. I am starting to write my shell script as below but after I do ssh login it prompts for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
2 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

LDAP - sudoers and the nopasswd flag - How can i set some commands for wheelgroup without password?

Hello :) we use LDAP with sudoers about 4 years. Works fine. But we have one problem with members of the admingroup (wheel). This users can do every command with sudo and with there privat password. But when they also are member to another special group, like sysadmin: Sysadmin is allowed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: darktux
0 Replies
pam_ssh_agent_auth(8)							PAM						     pam_ssh_agent_auth(8)

PAM_SSH_AGENT_AUTH
       This module provides authentication via ssh-agent.  If an ssh-agent listening at SSH_AUTH_SOCK can successfully authenticate that it has
       the secret key for a public key in the specified file, authentication is granted, otherwise authentication fails.

SUMMARY
/etc/pam.d/sudo: auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=/etc/security/authorized_keys /etc/sudoers: Defaults env_keep += "SSH_AUTH_SOCK" This configuration would permit anyone who has an SSH_AUTH_SOCK that manages the private key matching a public key in /etc/security/authorized_keys to execute sudo without having to enter a password. Note that the ssh-agent listening to SSH_AUTH_SOCK can either be local, or forwarded. Unlike NOPASSWD, this still requires an authentication, it's just that the authentication is provided by ssh-agent, and not password entry. ARGUMENTS
file=<path to authorized_keys> Specify the path to the authorized_keys file(s) you would like to use for authentication. Subject to tilde and % EXPANSIONS (below) allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file A flag which enables authorized_keys files to be owned by the invoking user, instead of root. This flag is enabled automatically whenever the expansions %h or ~ are used. debug A flag which enables verbose logging sudo_service_name=<service name you compiled sudo to use> (when compiled with --enable-sudo-hack) Specify the service name to use to identify the service "sudo". When the PAM_SERVICE identifier matches this string, and if PAM_RUSER is not set, pam_ssh_agent_auth will attempt to identify the calling user from the environment variable SUDO_USER. This defaults to "sudo". EXPANSIONS
~ -- same as in shells, a user's Home directory Automatically enables allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file if used in the context of ~/. If used as ~user/, it would expect the file to be owned by 'user', unless you explicitely set allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file %h -- User's Home directory Automatically enables allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file %H -- The short-hostname %u -- Username %f -- FQDN EXAMPLES
in /etc/pam.d/sudo "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=~/.ssh/authorized_keys" The default .ssh/authorized_keys file in a user's home-directory "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=%h/.ssh/authorized_keys" Same as above. "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=~fred/.ssh/authorized_keys" If the home-directory of user 'fred' was /home/fred, this would expand to /home/fred/.ssh/authorized_keys. In this case, we have not specified allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file, so this file must be owned by 'fred'. "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=/secure/%H/%u/authorized_keys allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file" On a host named foobar.baz.com, and a user named fred, would expand to /secure/foobar/fred/authorized_keys. In this case, we specified allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file, so fred would be able to manage that authorized_keys file himself. "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=/secure/%f/%u/authorized_keys" On a host named foobar.baz.com, and a user named fred, would expand to /secure/foobar.baz.com/fred/authorized_keys. In this case, we have not specified allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file, so this file must be owned by root. v0.8 2009-08-09 pam_ssh_agent_auth(8)