Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Finding and renaming files with exceptions Post 302970467 by azurite on Wednesday 6th of April 2016 09:47:37 PM
Old 04-06-2016
Hello,

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write great explanations! I have printed it out and will re-read everything to really understand it.

Instead of creating new threads, is it okay if I keep posting new questions in this thread?

If so, I have a question on creating variables. I have tried to research and come up with a solution (to the text quoted below) on my own but I do not know if I am on the right track. If possible could you tell me if I am moving in the right direction?

Quote:
So as far as trying to distinguish between "100_eddy_corrected_brain.nii.gz" and "100_eddy_corrected_brain_mask.nii.gz" if you could define the first as a variable, say $eddy_file or something of the sort, you could pipe it through to a cut command defining a period as your delimiter and take everything in front of it, so something like:
{echo $eddy_file | cut -d. -f1}_mask.nii.gz

But that would depend on using the "set" command to create the variable.
I have come up with the following: though I am not sure what is meant by using the 'set' command.

Code:
#/bin/bash
eddy_file=`cat eddy_corrected_brain.txt`
echo $eddy_file

The eddy_corrected_brain.txt is a text file with pathnames of all the files that match eddy_corrected_brain.nii.gz from the initial find command/results.

Thank you again!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming the files

Hello, i wanna rename my files which names are written in movies.txt films.txt = amovie bmovie cmovie dmovie emovie and i wanna find this files and rename the files to 1_amovie ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: redbeard_06
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming files, please help

I want to rename the files by taking part of the file and appending date to it. please help e.g. abc-390.csv xyz-908.csv desired format is abc_YYYYMMDD.csv This is what I have but it is not working for each in *.csv; do mv $each /abc/data/"`date '+test_%Y%M%M'`".csv done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mqasim
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files older than the current date and time and renaming and moving

Hi, I have a very urgent requirement here. I have to find all files in the specified directory but not in the sub directories(The directory name is stored in a variable) which are older than the current date as well as current time and rename it as filename_yyyymmddhhmmss.ext and move it into a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming files

Hello, I wanted to rename one file where filename contains space.. How can i rename in unix? The file name is ABC XYZ.TXT I wanted to rename this file as ABCXYZ.TXT. Any help is greatly appreciated... Regards. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming files or adding a name in the beginning of all files in a folder

Hi All I have a folder that contains hundreds of file with a names 3.msa 4.msa 21.msa 6.msa 345.msa 456.msa 98.msa ... ... ... I need rename each of this file by adding "core_" in the begiining of each file such as core_3.msa core_4.msa core_21.msa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming files

Hi i have to achieve the following i have files as xyz001.csv, xyz002.csv.......xyz0025.csv in a folder, i need to keep xyz001.csv as it is but want to remove the extra zero on filename from 10 say xyz0010 should be renamed to xyz010 xyz0025 should be renamed as xyz025 Note xyz... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming files

Hello, I am looking for a command line that will rename name files : f700_abc_o_t_MASTERID_AS_AE_20130323.csv like this f700_abc_o_t_MASTERID_AS_AE_20130324.csv The great idea could be to get the date stamp 20130323 and change any part of it, instead of just change the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming multiple files in sftp server in a get files script

Hi, In sftp script to get files, I have to rename all the files which I am picking. Rename command does not work here. Is there any way to do this? I am using #!/bin/ksh For eg: sftp user@host <<EOF cd /path get *.txt rename *.txt *.txt.done ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
7 Replies
pthread_getsequence_np(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 pthread_getsequence_np(3)

NAME
pthread_getsequence_np - Obtains the unique identifier for the specified thread. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> unsigned long pthread_getsequence_np( pthread_t thread); STANDARDS
None PARAMETERS
Thread object whose sequence number is to be obtained. DESCRIPTION
This routine obtains and returns the DECthreads thread sequence number for the thread identified by the thread object specified in the thread argument. The thread sequence number provides a unique identifier for each existing thread. A thread's thread sequence number is never reused while the thread exists, but can be reused after the thread terminates. The debugger interfaces use this sequence number to identify each thread in commands and in display output. The result of calling this routine is undefined if the thread argument does not specify a valid thread object. RETURN VALUES
No errors are returned. This routine returns the DECthreads thread sequence number for the thread identified by the thread object speci- fied in the thread argument. The result of calling this routine is undefined if the thread argument does not specify a valid thread. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: pthread_create(3), pthread_self(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_getsequence_np(3)