Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep File Full Path in a file Post 302970368 by vdivb on Wednesday 6th of April 2016 04:26:23 AM
Old 04-06-2016
For me

Code:
grep -o '/.*\.BMP' file

is retrieving
Code:
xxxxx/root/cdrive/picure.BMP xxxx
xxxxx/root/ddrive/picure.BMP xxxx

but i want
Code:
/root/cdrive/picure.BMP
/root/ddrive/picure.BMP

Please suggest.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract only file name from full path file name

What is the smartest way to just extract file name from a full path name. e.g. if I have /usr/sanjay/bin/file_name.c I want only file_name.c Sanjay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay92
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

process executable file full path

hi guys i give "ps -ef | grep some_executable_file" on the command line. this "some_executable_file" resides on many paths which r included in the PATH environment variable, so the output depicts only "some_executable_file" in the COMMAND column. how can i get the full path? thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtrix
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

list all files with full path of the file

How can i list every single file on a sun solaris server running 2.8 starting from '/' with the full path included in it? example. / ... ... ... /etc/inetd.conf /etc/passwd /etc/shadow ... ... ... /var/adm/messages /var/adm/messages.0 /var/adm/messages.1 ... ... ...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sowser
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting full path from relative path

given a relative path, how do i convert it into a full one. i.e. if i am in /home/polypus and i am given foo/bar then to get a full path i can just concatinate it with pwd, but what if i am given "../mama" how do i programmatically convert: /home/polypus and ../mama into ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: polypus
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find the file with full path

Hi, I have written this shell script: fl=`ls -1lrt $mylist | grep '\.xml$' | awk '{print $9}'` echo $fl (1) for i in $fl do for dir in $mylist do if then echo $dir/$i >> tmp (2) fi done done The mylist contains some directory names. The satement (1) gives the sorted list... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjyap
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

list file with full path

This has been bugging me for a while. How can i list file to show full path. /directory/test $ ls file.tst file.tst $ desired output: /directory/test/file.tst (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return Full File Path To Array PERL

Iam trying to load the full path of multiplie files in the same directory to an array if the filenames matches a pattern. The following is the current code; where $input=C:\test # change to and open the comparison directory chdir("$input2") || die "Cannot change dir: $!"; opendir(DIR2,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cold_Que
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

10. Linux

How to print full path name along with file extension?

Hi I have a requirement like this: /abc/a/x.txt /abc/a/y.txt /abc/b/x.gz /abc/b/y.txt I need output like this: /abc/a:*.txt /abc/b:*.txt /abc/b:*.gz I have tried find /abc -type f -name "*.*" ||awk -F . '{print $NF}' it is print only extensions without path name. Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijjumathew
5 Replies
RA_BMP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RA_BMP(1)

NAME
ra_bmp - convert RADIANCE picture to/from Windows BMP image SYNOPSIS
ra_bmp [ -b ][ -g gamma ][ -e spec ][ -p xr yr xg yg xb yb xw yw ] [ [ input|- [ output ] ] ra_bmp -r [ -g gamma ][ -e +/-stops ] [ [ input|- [ output ] ] DESCRIPTION
Ra_bmp converts between RADIANCE and a Windows BMP image. During forward conversion, the -b option produces 8-bit grayscale output rather than 24-bit RGB. The -g option specifies the exponent used in monitor gamma correction; the default value is 2.2. The -e option specifies a tone-mapping method or exposure compensation. If the argument is one of the special words "auto", "human", or "linear", the image will be tone-mapped with histogram adjustment, human vision simulation, or an averaged linear exposure, respectively. (These words may be abbreviated by one or more letters.) Otherwise, the exposure specification is interpreted as a linear compensation value in integer f- stops, which must be proceeded by a '+' or '-'. The CRT color output primaries may be specified with the -p option. The -r option invokes a reverse conversion, from a Windows BMP image to a RADIANCE picture. Tone-mapping and monitor primaries are not supported for reverse conversion. Ra_bmp can accept 16-bit or color-mapped BMP files on input, but cannot not produce them on output. A hyphen ('-') may be specified to indicate standard input for either forward or reverse conversion so that an output file may be speci- fied. If the BMP input is taken from the standard input or sent to the standard output without tone-mapping, then the scanlines may be reversed from their usual ordering. Reversed scanlines sometimes causes difficulties for programs attempting to interpret the resulting RADIANCE picture or BMP image, which may be rejected or displayed inverted. AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
pfilt(1), ra_ppm(1), ra_pr(1), ra_pr24(1), ra_t8(1), ra_t16(1), ra_tiff(1), ximage(1) RADIANCE
3/25/04 RA_BMP(1)