Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print Terminal Output Exactly how it Appears in the Terminal to a New Text File Post 302970279 by mrm5102 on Monday 4th of April 2016 05:39:52 PM
Old 04-04-2016
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

Ok cool, I'll give that a shot and comment back.

Thanks Again,
Matt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output to terminal and file at the same time

Hi all The makefile of a large project produces hundreds of lines of output, which I can't look at any more when the build is finished. If I simply redirect the output to a file, I can't see the progress of the building process... Is there a possibility to redirect the output to a file and at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Charlie
1 Replies

2. Solaris

terminal output - save to file?

I have a window open on my ultra 10 - a terminal window connecting to a server. Is there any way I can log all output to this window to a log file on my ultra 10 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Terminal Output to a File ??

Hey, How can I transfer the terminal output to a file ? For example : command "fuser" returns the "process-id" and prints the output on the terminal, but I want that output to a file as well. How can I do that ? /clocal/mqbrkrs/user/mqsiadm/sanjay/AccessMonitor $ fuser -uf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Output terminal sessions to screen and log file

I would like to use a terminal session to ssh to switches and routers. I need to capture data while logged into switches to a file I can email for troubleshooting. I use termial to log into Cisco switch, run the sh tech command, and then sent the output to cisco. Is there a way to run a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdelliott
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Live/real-time text-file updates in terminal

I want to have a terminal open and have something like a "repeating cat" command running in it for a certain text file (in particular /var/log/system.log). So my terminal will scan or cat the text file every so often or whenever the text file system.log gets written to by the system, it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Redirect the output of telnet command on a terminal to a file ?

(/home/user1)-> more script.sh #!/bin/ksh ( echo open devicename sleep 3; echo user; sleep 2; echo password; sleep 2; echo "/info/dump"; ---------> This needs to redirect to a file .Can be number of pages sleep 2; echo "exit" ) | telnet Please use code tags next time for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: necro98
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange behaviour when output to terminal vs file (awk)

Hi all ! I noticed something very weird. I have a large pipe delimited file (20 fields/3,000 records) that looks like that: AAA|BBB|11111|22222|...|($NF of record 1) CCC|DDD|33333|44444|...|($NF of record 2) CCC|DDD|55555|66666|...|($NF of record 3) For the lines with same 1st and 2nd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing Terminal Output to a Error File

I am having a bash script which is basically invoking a python program to validate the Source Query results against the target query results. I am placing all the queries in a .sql file. I want to write to a Error log file incase if the syntax is wrong or if the column is not present in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronitreddy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed editing text file using the terminal

Hi, I have text file with the header like this tracking_id condition replicate FPKM XLOC_000001 alpha 1 10.3199 XLOC_000001 alpha 0 10.3686 XLOC_000001 alpha 2 15.5619 ... With the first column being genes, the second being the condition, the third... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4galaxy7
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get terminal application to launch with a graphical launcher when successful in terminal

I have been having an extremely annoying problem. For the record, I am relatively new at this. I've only been working with unix-based OS's for roughly two years, mostly Xubuntu and some Kali. I am pretty familiar with the BASH language, as that's the default shell for debian. Now, I've made this... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
16 Replies
PPI::Token::Comment(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  PPI::Token::Comment(3pm)

NAME
PPI::Token::Comment - A comment in Perl source code INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Comment isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element SYNOPSIS
# This is a PPI::Token::Comment print "Hello World!"; # So it this $string =~ s/ foo # This, unfortunately, is not :( bar /w; DESCRIPTION
In PPI, comments are represented by "PPI::Token::Comment" objects. These come in two flavours, line comment and inline comments. A "line comment" is a comment that stands on its own line. These comments hold their own newline and whitespace (both leading and trailing) as part of the one "PPI::Token::Comment" object. An inline comment is a comment that appears after some code, and continues to the end of the line. This does not include whitespace, and the terminating newlines is considered a separate PPI::Token::Whitespace token. This is largely a convenience, simplifying a lot of normal code relating to the common things people do with comments. Most commonly, it means when you "prune" or "delete" a comment, a line comment disappears taking the entire line with it, and an inline comment is removed from the inside of the line, allowing the newline to drop back onto the end of the code, as you would expect. It also means you can move comments around in blocks much more easily. For now, this is a suitably handy way to do things. However, I do reserve the right to change my mind on this one if it gets dangerously anachronistic somewhere down the line. METHODS
Only very limited methods are available, beyond those provided by our parent PPI::Token and PPI::Element classes. line The "line" accessor returns true if the "PPI::Token::Comment" is a line comment, or false if it is an inline comment. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-26 PPI::Token::Comment(3pm)