Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Print nth previous line after match Post 302970065 by sushma123 on Friday 1st of April 2016 08:17:59 AM
Old 04-01-2016
================================================================================

- Process Beginning - 2016-03-31-00.24.17
10000 line logs

-Process Ending - 2016-03-31-00.25.17

I have get Process start and end time based on match found in between

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

return previous line for pattern match

Hi, Need some idea on file processing, I have file like below, Processing al sources ... ...No value found : CHECK. Completed comparing all sources. Comparing schedulers... Processing al targets ... ...No value found : From above I need to extract the line where "No value... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting filename for Nth line pattern match

Hi, I have many scripts in particular directory. And few of the scripts have exit 0 in second line. Now i wanted to list out the scripts name which has the exit 0 in its second line I tried many options , but i can not get the filename along with the nth line pattern match :mad:. Can anyone... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: puni
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search pattern and replace x-y characters in nth line after every match

Hi, I am looking for any script which can do the following. have to read a pattern from fileA and copy it to fileB. fileA: ... ... Header ... ... ..p1 ... ... fileB: .... .... Header (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilvk
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line with match and previous line quoting/escaping problem

Hi folks, I've list of LDAP records in this format: cat cmmac.export.tmp2 dn: deviceId=0a92746a54tbmd34b05758900131136a506,ou=devices,ou=customer,ou=nl,o=upc cmmac: 00:13:11:36:a5:06 dn: deviceId=0a92746a62pbms4662299650015961cfa23,ou=devices,ou=customer,ou=nl,o=upc cmmac:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomas.polak
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print every nth line

Dear all, How to print every nth line. File like this: File input: 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: attila
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing nth and n+1th line after a pattern match

Hi , I want to print the nth and n+1 lines from a file once it gets a pattern match. For eg: aaa bbb ccc ddd gh jjjj If I find a match for bbb then I need to print bbb as well as 3rd and 4th line from the match.. Please help..Is it possible to get a command using sed :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print nth line in a file

Bash/Oracle Linux 6.4 A basic requirement. How can I get nth line of a file printed ? Can I use grep in this case ? Example: In the below file, 12th line is "Kernel parameter check passed for rmem_max" . I just want the 12 line to be printed. # cat sometext.txt Kernel version check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display when nth line match a pattern?

Hi All, I have sample of listing as following Database 2 entry: Database alias = PXRES Database name = PXRES Local database directory = /db2/data1/db2phnx Database release level = d.00 Comment ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete the previous line after pattern match?

Team, I am writing a shell script to perform few health checks of the system, where I need to delete the previous line in the text file after pattern match using sed (or) awk. Could you please help me out on this? For example, <td> <td style=color:green align=center> </td> </tr>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraj R
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk or sed to print the character from the previous line after the regexp match

Hi All, I need to print the characters in the previous line just before the regular expression match Please have a look at the input file as attached I need to match the regular expression ^ with the character of the previous like and also the pin numbers and the output file should be like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
6 Replies
TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process(3pm)			 Perl Programmers Reference Guide		       TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process(3pm)

NAME
TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process - Iterator for process-based TAP sources VERSION
Version 3.23 SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process; my %args = ( command => ['python', 'setup.py', 'test'], merge => 1, setup => sub { ... }, teardown => sub { ... }, ); my $it = TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process->new(\%args); my $line = $it->next; DESCRIPTION
This is a simple iterator wrapper for executing external processes, used by TAP::Parser. Unless you're writing a plugin or subclassing, you probably won't need to use this module directly. METHODS
Class Methods "new" Create an iterator. Expects one argument containing a hashref of the form: command => @command_to_execute merge => $attempt_merge_stderr_and_stdout? setup => $callback_to_setup_command teardown => $callback_to_teardown_command Tries to uses IPC::Open3 & IO::Select to communicate with the spawned process if they are available. Falls back onto "open()". Instance Methods "next" Iterate through the process output, of course. "next_raw" Iterate raw input without applying any fixes for quirky input syntax. "wait" Get the wait status for this iterator's process. "exit" Get the exit status for this iterator's process. "handle_unicode" Upgrade the input stream to handle UTF8. "get_select_handles" Return a list of filehandles that may be used upstream in a select() call to signal that this Iterator is ready. Iterators that are not handle based should return an empty list. ATTRIBUTION
Originally ripped off from Test::Harness. SEE ALSO
TAP::Object, TAP::Parser, TAP::Parser::Iterator, perl v5.16.2 2012-10-25 TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process(3pm)