Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Load a file from UNIX into database Post 302969905 by Vivekit82 on Tuesday 29th of March 2016 10:38:07 PM
Old 03-29-2016
Load a file from UNIX into database

Hi,

I want your help to see if there is a way wherein we can load a set of files which are lying in unix server into my database using sql loader.
Also the person who will be running sql loader does not have access to unix system.
So is there a way i can provide any sql loader script wherein it will connect to unix and uploads the files in database.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Importing a unix file dump into a PC capable database

My development team has been trying to figure out how to import a unix data dump into SQL Server or convert it into an intermediate file format for several days. The data dump in question looks like this: $RecordID: 1<eof> $Version: 1<eof> Category: 1<eof> Poster: John Doe<eof>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaltonF
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

writing database tables into a file in unix

I want to collect the database tables(Ex: Emp,Sal,Bonus...etc) in a file & give this file at the command prompt, when prompted for the tables list at command prompt. How can i do that ? Ex:- Import jason/jason1 tables=emp,sal,bonus log=j1.log i want to change this into Ex:- Import... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Load data into the database using a .csv file and .ctl file

Since i'm new to scripting i'm findind it difficult to code a script. The script has to be an executable with 2 paramters passed to it.The Parameters are 1. The Control file name(.ctl file) 2. The Data file name(.csv file) Does anybody have an idea about it? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Csmani
3 Replies

4. Linux

down load file from unix server to Windows machine.

I need to download a script from Unix box to my PC. I don't have FTP installed on that machine and I am not able to connect to the server using ftp <Server Name>. I am not supposed to install any software on the server but still need to download the file. Heard that we have a secured ftp option... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu_kalari
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't load external file from unix into Oracle DB

Hi all, I'm traying to run a script on Unix with in it sql +. In this script I want to load a externall file that stand on my unix system into a tmp table of a oracle db, but for some reason it won't work. Find below the script. #!/bin/ksh ORACLE_SID=db1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuut-Tuut
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

load file to sharepoint using unix

I have a requirement to upload a file to the MS sharepoint site using unix or any other programming language. Does sharepoint support ftp? I heard it doesn't ...is it true...if yes is it different from what regular ftp we use....is there any other programming way out to upload the file to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

why do we need UNIX shell script to load data into Oracle database

Hello everyone, I am new to shell scripting/ loading data into a database. I want to load data into Oracle database using SQL loader. Can some one please explain why do we need unix shell script to load the data into the database? Also can someone please explain what has to be in that script?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_prog
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Generic script to load file details(ls -ltr) in to a database.

All, I am trying to create a report on the duration of an ETL load from the file arrival to the final dump in to a database for SLA's. Does anyone have any guidance or ideas on how metadata can be extracted; information of a file: like file name, created timestamp, count of records and load... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Creating script to read many files and load into database via single control file

Hi, I have many files but with only 2 names , I want to load the data of that file into database through sqlldr with single control file. how can i do that ????? Example: switch_file switch_file billing_file billing_file now these files should be loaded into same database but different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niti_sharma
1 Replies
MYSQL_CREATE_DB(3)							 1							MYSQL_CREATE_DB(3)

mysql_create_db - Create a MySQL database

SYNOPSIS
Warning This function was deprecated in PHP 4.3.0, and will be removed in the future, along with the entirety of the original MySQL exten- sion. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_query(3) o PDO::query bool mysql_create_db (string $database_name, [resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
mysql_create_db(3) attempts to create a new database on the server associated with the specified link identifier. o $database_name - The name of the database being created. o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. Example #1 mysql_create_db(3) alternative example The function mysql_create_db(3) is deprecated. It is preferable to use mysql_query(3) to issue an sql CREATE DATABASE statement instead. <?php $link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password'); if (!$link) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error()); } $sql = 'CREATE DATABASE my_db'; if (mysql_query($sql, $link)) { echo "Database my_db created successfully "; } else { echo 'Error creating database: ' . mysql_error() . " "; } ?> The above example will output something similar to: Database my_db created successfully Note For backward compatibility, the following deprecated alias may be used: mysql_createdb(3) Note This function will not be available if the MySQL extension was built against a MySQL 4.x client library. mysql_query(3), mysql_select_db(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_CREATE_DB(3)