Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get CRC check sum of files in java EAR file without extracting .jar/.war files to disk.? Post 302968669 by kchinnam on Sunday 13th of March 2016 12:17:04 AM
Old 03-13-2016
How to get CRC check sum of files in java EAR file without extracting .jar/.war files to disk.?

unzip -v gives CRC info of each file in a zip(in my case .EAR) file.

Code:
# unzip -v my-application.ear
Archive:  my-application.ear
 Length   Method    Size  Cmpr    Date    Time   CRC-32   Name
--------  ------  ------- ---- ---------- ----- --------  ----
  197981  Defl:N   183708   7% 2016-03-10 19:01 90fbac01  file-core.jar
  210547  Defl:N   196091   7% 2016-03-10 19:01 b021ffd8  utilcommon.jar

I am trying to compare two large EAR files, that contain around 200 .jar, .war files.

Is there a way to get CRC check sum values for files(like .class, .properties) without extracting underlying .jar/.war files from java EAR file?

Extracting hundreds of jar war files to disk to get CRC values is very slow and time consuming. Any other ideas to make it fast?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

regarding extracting of packet and checking its crc

hello, I have implemented a 32bit crc generation algorithm. Now at the receiver side i need to check the crc for that....i need to add the message in the packet and the crc and divide it with the key common at both side and the remainder should be zero. now how to add crc which is hexadecimal... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madfox
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing files in an EAR file after extracting

{Hello All, Here is what I am trying to do: I have an archive file: AppName.ear jar -tvf AppName.ear 60459 Thu May 01 09:29:36 EDT 2008 /SharedResources/Application/App.dat 67542 Thu May 01 09:29:36 EDT 2008 JDBCConn/Application/App.dat 14488 Thu May 01 09:29:36 EDT 2008 config.xml ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
0 Replies

3. AIX

checking the version revisions of a java file inside the ear using KSHELL in AIX.

consider on day1, in PVCS repository we have java files like a.java,b.java with version revision 1.0, through ANT build script we have compiled and created an ear,named c.ear in AIX build server.we have transfered this ear from build server to portal server through FTP using KSHELL. consider... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kareemaashik
0 Replies

4. Programming

JAVA - External JAR files in UNIX

Hi, I have to run my JAVA programs in UNIX server. The java program uses some external jar files for compiling. I have set the classpath to the folder where all the jar files are present using EXPORT classpath command. But when i compile, it shows errors.. saying that the classes relating... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish2712
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unpack (extract) EAR / JAR files

i have about 30 .EAR files, every ear file have 1 .JAR file. so i need to extract .EAR files then extract .JAR files, and one important thing is that every archive must bee extracted to separate folder. i try with gzip, but when i extract 30 ear files i cant make separate folders.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waso
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a shell script to extract the files from source file and check whether those files existonserve

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.Please help me on this.I am using solaris 10 OS and shell i am using is # echo $0 -sh My requirement is i have source file say makefile.I need to extract files with extensions (.c |.cxx |.h |.hxx |.sc) from the makefile.after doing so i need to check whether... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

build rpm with SPEC file for packaging .jar and some .sh files..

Good day people, Hereby wish to have your advise for below: I have some .jar files, some script files (install.sh, action.sh) , and a libaes.so file. Basically, the .jar files compute the operation of my system and define the working directory for my system. My current scenario: i trigger... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cielle
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell file to run other shell files running jar files

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script that will go to another folder and run the script in that folder. The folder structure is kind of like this: /MainFolder/ |-> MainShellScript.sh | |-> Folder1/ |-----|-> script1.sh |-----|-> FileToRun1.jar | |-> Folder2/ |-----|-> script2.sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleo
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort html based on .jar, .war file names and still keep text within three groups.

Output from zipdiff GNU EAR comparison tool produces output in html divided into three sections "Added, Removed, Changed". I want the output to be sorted by jar or war file. <html> <body> <table> <tr> <td class="diffs" colspan="2">Added </td> </tr> <tr><td> <ul>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
5 Replies
MAVEN(1)							   User Commands							  MAVEN(1)

NAME
Maven - Creates a link from a jar already installed in /usr/share/maven-repo. SYNOPSIS
mh_linkrepojar [option]... [pom] [link]... DESCRIPTION
Create symlinks from the jar in the Maven repository to any location, usually to a file located in /usr/share/java. Where [pom] is the location of the POM associated with the jar to install. GroupId, artifactId and version will be extracted from this file. [link] is a link to the jar to install, usually there should be a link to usr/share/java/$jar.jar and usr/share/java/$jar-$version.jar to comply with the Java packaging guidelines. Note that there is no need to specify those particular links if the --java-lib option is used. OPTIONS
-h --help: show this text -V --version: show the version -p<package> --package=<package>: package to act on -r<rules> --rules=<rules>: gives the location of the rules file for special properties. Optional, the default location is debian/maven.rules -c<classifier> --classifier=<classifier>: Optional, the classifier for the jar in the Maven repository. Empty by default. -v --verbose: show more information while running -n --no-act: don't actually do anything, just print the results Maven Repo Helper version 1.7.1 January 2012 MAVEN(1)