Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Send sleep to background
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Send sleep to background Post 302968556 by builderj on Thursday 10th of March 2016 09:20:49 PM
Old 03-10-2016
RedHat 5 and Redhat 6

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sleep - Send Email

Working on a script to look in a directory for a certain file. If the file is not there, check the time. If the time is greater than 10:00, send me an email. If it's not, sleep for 15 minutes and then do this all over again. I can get it to email me if the file's not there without the sleep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dstinsman
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send password : In Background

Hi All, How to pass the password in background.....? " /usr/bin/hdiutil attach -mountroot -stdinpass /path/to/mount/ /path/of/image/TEST.sparseimage " The above command asks the password to mount a sparse image and when supplied it gets mount. But my requirement is to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashwin.patil
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send a new value to a variable in a running background process

Hi guys, I have a issue with a background process, I need to update the value of a variable in that process which is running at this time and it will be running for at least 2 days. Any idea? I will apreciate your help. regards. Razziel. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: razziel
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping 'sleep' with my 'resleep' function (Resettable sleep)

This is a very crude attempt in Bash at something that I needed but didn't seem to find in the 'sleep' command. However, I would like to be able to do it without the need for the temp file. Please go easy on me if this is already possible in some other way: How many times have you used the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Foreground job to background redirecting output

I have many CPU intensive processes running and sometimes I run them in the foreground so that I can see what the output is. I want to send that foreground process to the background, but also have it direct the output to a logfile. I know to send something to the bg I do Ctrl-z on the FG... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhullbuzz
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help regarding sending sleep to background

Hi, can we print anything, when sleep is running..? like printing dots(.. . . . . . . . .) to indicate that some process is going on...? i mean, can we send sleep to background, proceed with printing, till sleep is going on... in s single step. I have written a funtion to solve this. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dpu
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send job to Background after input redirection

Hi, I am having issues with syntax when I am trying to send a job to the background after a input redirection. I have this script which sends some files to different servers after zipping them. Once I execute it, it will ask for user input as of which server the files need to go to. (The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I send output of a background process to a file other than nohup.out?

I have a question. I will be running a background process using nohup and & command at end. I want to send output to a file say myprocess.out. So will this command work? nohup myprocess.ksh > myprocess.out & Thanks in advance guys !!! :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Send current script to background

Hi scripters, I'm quite used to run commands in the background using & like in: $ myscript &But this is NOT what I'm trying to do today. What I'm trying to achieve is to run a script the normal way (without &), have my script do a little checkup and then jump to background. Something like:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
5 Replies
CACHE_CHECK(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    CACHE_CHECK(8)

NAME
cache_check - repair cache metadata on device or file SYNOPSIS
cache_check [options] {device|file} DESCRIPTION
cache_check checks cache metadata created by the device-mapper cache target on a device or file. OPTIONS
-q, --quiet Suppress output messages, return only exit code. -h, --help Print help and exit. -V, --version Output version information and exit. --super-block-only Only check the superblock is present. --skip-mappings Skip checking of the block mappings which make up the bulk of the metadata. --skip-hints Skip checking of the policy hint values metadata. --skip-discards Skip checking of the discard bits in the metadata. EXAMPLE
Analyses and repairs cache metadata on logical volume /dev/vg/metadata: cache_check /dev/vg/metadata The device may not be actively used by the target when running. DIAGNOSTICS
cache_check returns an exit code of 0 for success or 1 for error. SEE ALSO
cache_dump(8) cache_repair(8) cache_restore(8) AUTHOR
Joe Thornber <ejt@redhat.com> Heinz Mauelshagen <HeinzM@RedHat.com> Red Hat, Inc. Thin Provisioning Tools CACHE_CHECK(8)