Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Role based access and security Post 302968525 by Peasant on Thursday 10th of March 2016 09:02:30 AM
Old 03-10-2016
If you don't require super user privilege (root), ACL is definitely a way and not sudo.

Sudo can be a big security hole if not properly configured and it rarely is.

Best regards
Peasant.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Security of root access

Hi, The security auditor give a this statement , what to do ? On my solaris system (S10) "The User ID "root" should not be used on the system - the su and the priviledged account should be used from each administrator for accountability purposes" What to do ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: falcon16
3 Replies

2. SuSE

"scp" access denied:/etc/security/access.conf

Guys i have 2 SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 (i586) boxes.if i take a look into /etc/security/access.conf ,i see following lines at the eof # All other users should be denied to get access from all sources. #- : ALL : ALL - : myID : ALL now earlier i had written scripts where files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ak835
1 Replies

3. AIX

role based user

Hi .. I need to assign role based permission to users... How to assign role based permission in aix... Thanks.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
4 Replies

4. Linux

Web based X11 access

Hi guys ;) I'm new here. I had been reading a long time here on the forums but now I registered finally. And got a question for you. Since yesterday I've got successfully installed a X11-connection from my WinXP to a RedHat EL 5 - Box. Now there's a web portal needed. So I have to make a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: supermaRiio
2 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Security issues with universal access of file

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: If you look at the permissions associated with a symbolic link, it has universal access. Does this lead to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux17
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

How do I install security patches with no internet access?

Hi, I'm pretty new to Linux and I want to download security patches and install them on RHEL 5.4. I've searched the red hat web site but cant seem to find where the download link is. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jardoo
5 Replies
MooseX::Role::Parameterized::Extending(3)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		 MooseX::Role::Parameterized::Extending(3)

NAME
MooseX::Role::Parameterized::Extending - extending MooseX::Role::Parameterized roles DESCRIPTION
There are heaps of useful modules in the "MooseX" namespace that you can use to make your roles more powerful. However, they do not always work out of the box with MooseX::Role::Parameterized, but it's fairly straight-forward to achieve the functionality you desire. MooseX::Role::Parameterized was designed to be as extensible as the rest of Moose, and as such it is possible to apply custom traits to both the parameterizable role or the ordinary roles they generate. In this example, we will look at applying the fake trait "MooseX::MagicRole" to a parameterizable role. First we need to define a new metaclass for our parameterizable role. package MyApp::Meta::Role::Parameterizable; use Moose; extends 'MooseX::Role::Parameterized::Meta::Role::Parameterizable'; with 'MooseX::MagicRole'; This is a class (observe that it uses Moose, not Moose::Role) which extends the class which governs parameterizable roles. MooseX::Role::Parameterized::Meta::Role::Parameterizable is the metaclass that packages using MooseX::Role::Parameterized receive by default. Note that the class we are extending, MooseX::Role::Parameterized::Meta::Role::Parameterizable, is entirely distinct from the similarly- named class which governs the ordinary roles that parameterized roles generate. An instance of MooseX::Role::Parameterized::Meta::Role::Parameterized represents a role with its parameters already bound. Now we can take advantage of our new subclass by specifying that we want to use "MyApp::Meta::Role::Parameterizable" as our metaclass when importing MooseX::Role::Parameterized: package MyApp::Role; use MooseX::Role::Parameterized -metaclass => 'MyApp::Meta::Role::Parameterizable'; role { ... } And there you go! "MyApp::Role" now has the "MooseX::MagicRole" trait applied. perl v5.18.2 2012-08-14 MooseX::Role::Parameterized::Extending(3)