Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loop with multiple delimited variables Post 302968440 by rock1 on Wednesday 9th of March 2016 12:47:23 PM
Old 03-09-2016
sorry i meant the number of variable value in each variable will always be the same. if var1 has 3 comma separated values so will var2 and var 3.

---------- Post updated at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:39 PM ----------

thanks rdrtx1 and RudiC.. rdrtx1 can you please explain how seq 0 2 works . i would like to understand this ,,is it based on the number of values in the csv variable? thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop with multiple variables ?

I have a script which selects two 'sets' of system LVM device files from a tabular file 'mapfile' using awk : LIVELV=`awk '{print($1)}' mapfile` BCVLV=`awk '{print($3)}' mapfile` I wanted to pass these 'sets' into an LVM command 'loop' along the lines of : lvmerge $BCVLV $LIVELV ie.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fosterian
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop with Multiple variables

Hi , I am trying to write a script in kshell with while loop ,its like count=1 count_cmp=1 while ; do tail -$count tempfile | head -1 > tempstring ....... done However i get CIF.sh: line 33: ' I have checked thetrailing spaces , not sure what is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit1_x
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple variables in for loop

hi, I want an equivalent for loop for this C code in unix shell script... for(int i,int j;i<5;i++,j++) { } Please reply soon Regards Navjot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navjotsingh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For Loop for a list of tab delimited variables

Hello, I need to run a command for a set of input variables that are present in a tab delimited file, a sample of which is shown below: 1 3749 1 4129 1 5980 2 6201 2 9925 2 6894 3 1338 3 6477 3 6242 3 3632 Every row represents the two input values... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use for/while loop with multiple variables?

Hi, I have two variables like below which will always be of the same size a=1:2:3 b=A:B:C I need to use a for/while loop that will have both the variables available. I cannot use an array here and will probably might iterate through the variable as echo $a | tr ':' '\n' and thus iterate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elizabeth H
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple variables to be passed in a loop

Hi, I need to pass the multiple values of src1 to another variable. I managed to print it but not sure how to assign it to a variable in a loop. src1=01,02,03 echo $src1|awk 'BEGIN {FS=","} {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) print $i}' I need to pass the value as src2=01 src2=02 src2=03 Thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading multiple variables in a loop

Hi, I managed to read and print variable as shown in the below code. table_name=table1,table2,table3 i=0 IFS="," for i in $table_name do echo $i done Is there a way how I can read more than one variable. For example I need to read 2 variables and populate the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple variables using awk and for loop for web form submission

Hi My goal is to fill an HTML form and submit. What I have managed to do: 1. curl command to fill up the form and submit 2. a file which has the input curl command: curl -v -b cookie.txt -d __CSRFToken__=dc23d5da47953b3b390ec68d972af10380908b14 -d do=create -d a=open -d... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Displaying multiple variables in for loop

Hi! I've run into a problem where my variables are displayed in the wrong order. Basically I'm supposed to use a file that has information like this username:firstname:lastname:etc:etc. What I'm interested in doing is reformating it into a something more like this: username lastname,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reindeermountai
2 Replies
IPC::SysV(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    IPC::SysV(3pm)

NAME
IPC::SysV - System V IPC constants and system calls SYNOPSIS
use IPC::SysV qw(IPC_STAT IPC_PRIVATE); DESCRIPTION
"IPC::SysV" defines and conditionally exports all the constants defined in your system include files which are needed by the SysV IPC calls. Common ones include IPC_CREATE IPC_EXCL IPC_NOWAIT IPC_PRIVATE IPC_RMID IPC_SET IPC_STAT GETVAL SETVAL GETPID GETNCNT GETZCNT GETALL SETALL SEM_A SEM_R SEM_UNDO SHM_RDONLY SHM_RND SHMLBA and auxiliary ones S_IRUSR S_IWUSR S_IRWXU S_IRGRP S_IWGRP S_IRWXG S_IROTH S_IWOTH S_IRWXO but your system might have more. ftok( PATH ) ftok( PATH, ID ) Return a key based on PATH and ID, which can be used as a key for "msgget", "semget" and "shmget". See ftok. If ID is omitted, it defaults to 1. If a single character is given for ID, the numeric value of that character is used. shmat( ID, ADDR, FLAG ) Attach the shared memory segment identified by ID to the address space of the calling process. See shmat. ADDR should be "undef" unless you really know what you're doing. shmdt( ADDR ) Detach the shared memory segment located at the address specified by ADDR from the address space of the calling process. See shmdt. memread( ADDR, VAR, POS, SIZE ) Reads SIZE bytes from a memory segment at ADDR starting at position POS. VAR must be a variable that will hold the data read. Returns true if successful, or false if there is an error. memread() taints the variable. memwrite( ADDR, STRING, POS, SIZE ) Writes SIZE bytes from STRING to a memory segment at ADDR starting at position POS. If STRING is too long, only SIZE bytes are used; if STRING is too short, nulls are written to fill out SIZE bytes. Returns true if successful, or false if there is an error. SEE ALSO
IPC::Msg, IPC::Semaphore, IPC::SharedMem, ftok, shmat, shmdt AUTHORS
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>, Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi>, Marcus Holland-Moritz <mhx@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Version 2.x, Copyright (C) 2007-2010, Marcus Holland-Moritz. Version 1.x, Copyright (c) 1997, Graham Barr. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-03-04 IPC::SysV(3pm)