Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd? Post 302967693 by c3rb3rus on Friday 26th of February 2016 12:04:25 PM
Old 02-26-2016
Hey bakunin,

From what I gathered if I run "mkdvd" to create my mksysb and don't specify -d device it does not create all the necessary stuff to make the ISO bootable in case we need to restore AIX?

This is why I was trying to use mkdvd and burn in one line...
Code:
mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Getting NFSv4 prompt when installing bootable DVD

Hi, I've created a bootable DVD which works fine for earlier versions of Solaris 10 (6/06) and Solaris 9. But now i've moved to Solaris 10 8/07 and I am getting the NFSv4 prompt at login. Initially i thought i could surpress this by adding the line nfs4_domain=dynamic to my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: declanryan
0 Replies

2. AIX

How to burn a bootable DVD on aix 5.3?

I have a mksysb backup image need burn to a DVD, then it can be used to restore OS in other machine. How to do this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
5 Replies

3. Solaris

bootable X86 dvd and flash archives

I have created a bootable DVD for X86 using a flash archive, the problem is that I have to specify the location at the beginning of the install. I have edited the any_machine profile under ./jumpstart_sample to contain the following install_type flash_install archive_location ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Help me, please! Solaris 10 hands-off installation from a bootable DVD

Hello, I have a problem with installing the Solaris 10 using a bootable DVD with a flar archive. I want this installation to be totally hands-off, but unfortunately after I run this boot command at the ok prompt: ok boot cdrom - install ... the system is rebooted and the interactive... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Przemek
5 Replies

5. Linux

Creating a bootable dvd/cd disk

Hi all, thanks for so many helps in many problems! Can anyone guide, how to create a bootable cd/dvd from downloaded iso images of CentOS 5? I have collected all the iso in a dvd but it is not booting the system. Any response will be appreciable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
2 Replies

6. AIX

Need help with mksysb backup on a DVD

i have an AIX server and planning to upgrade the operating system, before that i want to take a system backup which can be used in case of upgrade failure. i dont have NIM server t hold the mksysb backups. so i have the only option of taking the backup on DVD. i have the following optical drive... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saikiran_1984
5 Replies

7. AIX

Can I use mkdvd to create bootable DVD from mksysb on tape

Hi, Is it possible to use mkdvd to create a bootable DVD using a mksysb on tape as the source image? On the system concerned, we don't have enough free space to create the mksysb to file first, so would like to use the existing tape mksysb backup. The DVD disk/s will then be used to boot a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanp36
4 Replies
TGTIMG(8)																 TGTIMG(8)

NAME
tgtimg - Linux SCSI Target Framework Image File Utility SYNOPSIS
tgtimg [-o --op <operation>] [-Y --device-type <device-type>] [-b --barcode <barcode>] [-s --size <size>] [-t --type <media-type>] [-f --file <path>] tgtimg --help DESCRIPTION
Tgtimg is a utility to create and manage the image files used by the TGTD device emulation. This command is used to initialize device image files with the additional metadata, such as barcode, list of blocks, total size, etc that the TGTD emulation needs. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show a help screen and exit. -o, --op {new|show} Operation. Is either new to create a new image file or show to show the content of an existing image file. -Y, --device-type <type> This specifies the type of image file. Supported device types are : cd : to create media for a dvd device disk : to create media for a disk device tape : to create media for a tape device -t, --type <media-type> When creating a new image, this specifies the type of media to emulate. The available mediatypes depend on the type of the device. Supported media types for cd devices are : dvd+r : create a blank writeable DVD+R disk Supported media types for disk devices are : disk : create an empty disk Supported media types for tape devices are : data : create a normal data tape clean : create a cleaning tape worm : create a worm -b, --barcode <barcode> When creating a new image, this argument specifies the barcode to use with this image file. Backup application software often uses barcodes to identify specific tapes. When emulating a VTL, make sure that all tape images use unique barcodes. -s, --size <size> When creating a new image, this specifies the size in megabytes for the virtual tape image. -f, --file <path> The filename of the image file. EXAMPLES
To create a new 100MByte disk tgtimg --op new --device-type disk --type disk --size 100 --file /data/hd001.raw To create a new tape image tgtimg --op new --device-type tape --barcode 12345 --size 100 --type data --file /data/tape001.img To view the content of an existing image tgtimg --op show --device-type tape --file /data/tape001.img To create a new blank DVD+R image tgtimg --op new --device-type cd --type dvd+r --file /data/dvd001.iso SEE ALSO
tgtd(8), tgtadm(8), tgt-admin(8), tgt-setup-lun(8). http://stgt.sourceforge.net/ REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <stgt@vger.kernel.org> 04/04/2010 TGTIMG(8)