Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rename member utility.
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Rename member utility. Post 302967254 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 22nd of February 2016 12:25:59 AM
Old 02-22-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasant
Considering one collects 500k bits and uses the Request User Name Change (One Time).
Will the name change be renamed in all posts or the former name remains after the rename Smilie
Best regards
Peasant.
Hello Peasant,

AFAIK, when you will change your name(By using bits or procedure) it will for sure change your name(Display Name + including all previous and new posts too). Only thing which I noticed is if you had used quotes while replying to people in your previous posts it will not change AFAIK (I have a habit of reading old posts(when very few new posts are there in forums), there I have seen an example). I apologies if I am wrong here, have seen an example in past so only thought to mention it here.

Thanks,
R. Singh

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

As a new member how do I go about asking question to the administrator and other users (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malusims
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Who is The First Member !!!

Hello Admins Just tell me who is the first member of this forum. Regards, Awadhesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new member need help

brothers and sisters iam a new member of your respectful forum hope to accept me i really would like to an expert in unix and linux so please tell me how could ? and what i should have ? i want to make my project in these subject but i dont know what to do and which... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: yemen
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HI Bruce from Central PA I have never used Unix but am sick of Microsoft so want to learn it. I use to own a computer store front and training center and stated our with Atari, Commodore and the 1st PC and MS/DOS then Windows BUT sick of Microsoft controlling the computer industry. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brucec
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NEW MEMBER PLZ HELP

hi , I am solaris 9 certified system administrator and planning to upgrade to solaris 10, can any one help me to get course meterial hard or soft copy. plz contact ' urgent' Thanks. yappoo. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yappoo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

i am new member i hope here is good friends (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annsoo
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Hi guys! My name is Leonida and I am new here to this forum. Nice meeting you all. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leeoona
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

An Introduction to new Member

Hi guys, I am glad to be the part of this community. Hope my presence will be of great use for the people in this community. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subsystems
2 Replies
PSIGNAL(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						PSIGNAL(9)

NAME
psignal, pgsignal, gsignal -- post signal to a process or process group SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/signalvar.h> void psignal(struct proc *p, int signum); void pgsignal(struct pgrp *pgrp, int signum, int checkctty); void gsignal(int pgid, int signum); DESCRIPTION
These functions post a signal to one or more processes. The argument signum common to all three functions should be in the range [1-NSIG]. The psignal() function posts signal number signum to the process represented by the process structure p. With a few exceptions noted below, the target process signal disposition is updated and is marked as runnable, so further handling of the signal is done in the context of the target process after a context switch. Note that psignal() does not by itself cause a context switch to happen. The target process is not marked as runnable in the following cases: o The target process is sleeping uninterruptibly. The signal will be noticed when the process returns from the system call or trap. o The target process is currently ignoring the signal. o If a stop signal is sent to a sleeping process that takes the default action (see sigaction(2)), the process is stopped without awakening it. o SIGCONT restarts a stopped process (or puts them back to sleep) regardless of the signal action (e.g., blocked or ignored). If the target process is being traced psignal() behaves as if the target process were taking the default action for signum. This allows the tracing process to be notified of the signal. The pgsignal() function posts signal number signum to each member of the process group described by pgrp. If checkctty is non-zero, the sig- nal will be posted only to processes that have a controlling terminal. pgsignal() is implemented by walking along the process list headed by the field pg_members of the process group structure pointed at by pgrp and calling psignal() as appropriate. If pgrp is NULL no action is taken. The gsignal() function posts signal number signum to each member of the process group identified by the group id pgid. gsignal() first finds the group structure associated with pgid, then invokes pgsignal() with the argument checkctty set to zero. If pgid is zero no action is taken. SEE ALSO
sigaction(2), signal(9), tsleep(9) BSD
June 22, 1996 BSD