Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Usermod cannot working
Operating Systems Solaris Usermod cannot working Post 302966608 by MadeInGermany on Sunday 14th of February 2016 12:03:36 PM
Old 02-14-2016
The /usr/bin/id needs -a to print the additional groups.
Code:
id -a oracle
/usr/xpg4/bin/id oracle
groups oracle

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

usermod -e

I'm trying to add an expiration to all of the local logins, but everytime I do the: usermod -e <date> <login> command, I get a error msg "usermod error <date> is not a valid expiration date. CHoose another" I've tried 6/26/06, June 26, 2006, 26/6/06, 6/26/2006 everything I can think of. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amheck
1 Replies

2. Solaris

help interpreting usermod man page

Hi, I put an expiration on a few id's that I want to remove now. From the man page -e expire Specify the future date on which a login can no longer be used; after this date, no user will be able to access this login. This option is useful ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amheck
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help required for usermod command

Hi, I would need to modify my machine name : When i give "w" command, i am getting following message USER TTY FROM LOGIN@ IDLE JCPU PCPU WHAT krishnag pts/59 gunasekar 1:25pm 25:15 0.03s 0.03s -csh. My questions is, i need to change FROM (i.e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gun
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usermod returning syntax error

"sudo usermod -d /home/${user1} -g $primgroup -Gn $grouplist -u $zaquid -p apple1 $user1" What's wrong with this command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: syndex
6 Replies

5. Solaris

usermod vs rolemod

Hello, I'm a bit confused by the usage of those two commands. I have 2 freshly installed systems and the behaviour is different from one system to another. root@systemONE rolemod -G mygroup postgres UX: rolemod: ERROR: Users most be modified with ``usermod''. root@systemTWO usermod -G... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tex-Twil
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

usermod -p not working in HP Unix

Hi; Im working on HP -UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 , I come from a Linux background and i m not so good at HP UX.Here is the issue I need to reset the password of some 100 users at one go ,on linux I used to do it.I wrote a small code in linux and it worked a charm here is the code ,where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
2 Replies

7. AIX

usermod in AIX

Hello All, Could you please let me know if the usermod command works in AIX? If yes, on what versions? We have a situation in which we need to change the UID of few users who have the same UID as root. We have changed it in /etc/passwd for now but want to use usermod in future. The syntax is as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
2 Replies

8. Solaris

audit useradd userdel usermod in solaris 10

the previous thread on this problem was closed with no resolution/workaround that i could see...have there been any breakthroughs? :wall: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lisah66
0 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Usermod pam in hpux

On pam.conf usermod auth required libpam_hpsec.so.1 usermod auth sufficient libpam_krb5.so.1 usermod auth required libpam_unix.so.1 try_first_pass usermod account required libpam_hpsec.so.1 usermod account sufficient libpam_krb5.so.1 usermod account required... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Usermod doesn't work on root

Hi, I am root user. I need to add more groups to the account. I usse the below command but no apparent result # id uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root) # usermod -a -G 302,301,303 root # id uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root) # What can be the reason? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BearCheese
6 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/ksh93, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/ksh93, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh, and /usr/sfw/bin/zsh. /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells could cause unexpected behavior, such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1). FILES
/etc/shells list of shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.11 20 Nov 2007 shells(4)