Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash arrays: rebin/interpolate smaller array to large array Post 302966575 by f77hack on Saturday 13th of February 2016 04:34:45 PM
Old 02-13-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Not too clear what you expect. How about
Code:
S=(0 1 2 3)
H=(A B C D E F G H I J K)
while [ ${#SX[@]} -lt ${#H[@]} ]; do SX=(${SX[@]} ${S[@]}); done
for ((i=${#H[@]}; i<=${#SX[@]}; i++)); do unset SX[$i]; done
echo ${SX[@]}, ${#SX[@]}, ${!SX[@]}, ${H[@]} 
0 1 2 3 0 1 2 3 0 1 2, 11, 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10, A B C D E F G H I J K

Great. Didn't think of wrapping the small array like that. I knew someone would come up with good compact code. Thanks!

This is what I was looking for

Code:
while [ ${#SX[@]} -lt ${#H[@]} ]; do SX=(${SX[@]} ${S[@]}); done

Last edited by f77hack; 02-13-2016 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: added code

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl array of arrays

Hi, I am trying to assign an array as a value to one of the array element, I mean I have an array @KS and array @kr. I want array @KS to hold @kr as an element. So I am doin this $KS=@kr; But the value stored is number of elements in the @kr array. Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching array of arrays in perl

Suppose there are two arrays of arrays: @A = ( , , , ); @B = ( , , , , ); For each of $A, $A, $A..., I want to find the corresponding one in @B (match the letter, like $A eq $B), and print out both the second item, for example, $A and $B. How can I do this in perl? grep + map? Hope I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zx1106
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP arrays as array elements

PHP question...I posted this on the Web Development forum, but maybe this is a better place! I have an SQL query that's pulled back user IDs as a set of columns. Rather than IDs, I want to use their names. So I have an array of columns $col with values 1,7,3,12 etc and I've got an array $person... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - need help with 2 arrays to hash or 2d array?

I have 2 arrays: @array1 outputs the following: 1 1 1 2 @array2 outputs the following A B C D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using arrays and also help with array.contains functionality

here is what i have... i=1 while read line do if grep -i-q "create procedure"<<<$line then startline="$line" endline="blahblah" Get procedure name into a variable named procName procName="procedure name is stored" do some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash 3.2 - Array / Regex - IF 3rd member in array ends in 5 digits then do somthing...

Trying to do some control flow parsing based on the index postion of an array member. Here is the pseudo code I am trying to write in (preferably in pure bash) where possible. I am thinking regex with do the trick, but need a little help. pesudo code if == ENDSINFIVEINTS ]]; then do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Array connectin to another Array

Hello, i have a script that i need account_number to match a name. for exsample : ACCOUNT_ID=(IatHG8DC7mZbdymSoOr11w KbnlG2j-KRQ0-1_Xk356s8) and i run a loop curl requst with this the issue is that i want to know on which account were talking about so bash will know this : ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
4 Replies

8. Programming

Making an array of 2D arrays in C

I hate I'm asking for help again. Unfortunately it seems there just aren't any links I can find on making an array that holds a bunch of two dimensional arrays. Maybe my google-fu is lacking. Basically I have a header file like this: #define MATRIX 10 int white_l1; int white_l2; int... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
2 Replies

9. Programming

Calling an array of arrays in C.

Corona688 was great in helping me learn how to create arrays that hold other two dimensional array here. Unfortunately I didn't think ask about how to implement or call them. Basically, I'm trying to call an array of two-dimensional arrays like this: declaration: int (*side_one) = { { white_l1,... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

10. Programming

Looping an array of 2d arrays in C

Le sigh... Hopefully this will be the last time I have to ask for help on this topic. For a while now I've been working with a 1d array that holds 2d arrays. For reference you can view here. Now I'm just trying to loop through the elements with the following: #include <stdio.h> void... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)