Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed to remove text from file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed to remove text from file Post 302966406 by cmccabe on Thursday 11th of February 2016 04:11:11 PM
Old 02-11-2016
This doesen't seem to work although it does run:

Code:
sed -i -e 's|^|xxxx://www.xxx.com/xxx/xx/xxxx/list/|' /home/cmccabe/list

Thank you Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to remove html tags including text between them

How to use sed to remove html tags including text between them? Example: User <b> rolvak </b> is stupid. It does not using <b>OOP</b>! and should output: User is stupid. It does not using ! Thank you.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alphagon
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed over writes my original file (using sed to remove leading spaces)

Hello and thx for reading this I'm using sed to remove only the leading spaces in a file bash-280R# cat foofile some text some text some text some text some text bash-280R# bash-280R# sed 's/^ *//' foofile > foofile.use bash-280R# cat foofile.use some text some text some text... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laser
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text from a csv file using sed

I am trying to remove the ita from this file: "1234ita","john","smith" "56789ita","jim","thomas" the command i am using is: sed '/^ita/d' infile.csv > outfile.csv it is running but doing nothing, very rarely use sed so trying to learn it any help would be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to remove 1st two characters every line of text file

what is the sed command to remove the first two characters of every line of a text file? each line of the text file has the same amount of characters, and they are ALL NUMERIC. there are hundreds of lines though. for example, >cat file1.txt 10081551 10081599 10082234 10082259 20081134... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or awk script to remove text / or perform calculations from large CSV files

I have a large CSV files (e.g. 2 million records) and am hoping to do one of two things. I have been trying to use awk and sed but am a newbie and can't figure out how to get it to work. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated - I'm stuck trying to remove the colon and wildcards in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metronomadic
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How To Use sed To Remove Text Between '/*'?

First of all let it be said that I hate sed. Every time I think I've got it figured out it proves me wrong. There, now with that out of the way here's my problem that I'm hoping one of you smart people can solve: I have a file full of lines like this: If x=1 then /* this is an if statement */... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Korn0474
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to remove partial text in one line only

I have test.xml XML file like <Report account="123456" start_time="2014-09-08T00:00:00+00:00" end_time="2014-09-10T23:59:59+00:00" user="Dollar Tree" limit="1000000" more_sessions="some text "> <Session ......rest of xml............... I need output like <Report> <Session ......rest of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumars1331@gmai
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text with sed or anything?

Hi there, my first post, so you might find my noobness ;) I need help to fix a thing, find /mnt/fs01/gfx/ -iname "*.rar" > gfx.txt Gives this contained textfile: /mnt/fs01/gfx/toba/toba.rar /mnt/fs01/gfx/zeta/zimba.rar /mnt/fs01/gfx/brashe/getha.rar And now the tricky part (for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yabbah
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the text between all curly brackets from text file?

Hello experts, I have a text file with lot of curly brackets (both opening { & closing } ). I need to delete them alongwith the text between opening & closing brackets' pair. For ex: Input:- 59. Rh1 Qe4 {(Qf5-e4 Qd8-g8+ Kg6-f5 Qg8-h7+ Kf5-e5 Qh7-e7+ Ke5-f5 Qe7-d7+ Qe4-e6 Qd7-h7+ Qe6-g6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove bracket including text inside with sed

Hello, I could not remove brackets with text contents myfile: Please remove the bracket with text I wish to remove: I tried: sed 's/\//' myfile It gives: Please remove the bracket with text A1 I expect: Please remove the bracket with text Many thanks Boris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies
iodbctest(1)						       iODBC Driver Manager						      iodbctest(1)

NAME
iodbctest, iodbctestw - iODBC Demonstration programs SYNOPSIS
iodbctest ["DSN=xxxx[;UID=xxxx][;PWD=xxxx][;OPT=value]"] iodbctestw ["DSN=xxxx[;UID=xxxx][;PWD=xxxx][;OPT=value]"] DESCRIPTION
The iodbctest program and iodbtestw programs are simple ODBC sample programs, showing the strength of the ODBC API to connect to any ODBC enabled database, issue SQL commands and retrieve the query results. The iodbctest program uses the standard ODBC API calls to connect using any DSN, but retrieves all results in ASCII mode. The iodbctestw program uses the ODBC Unicode API calls to connect using any DSN, and retrieves all results in Unicode mode. OPTIONS
The iodbctest program uses the SQLDriverConnect function to make a connection using any available ODBC compliant driver. This allows the user to override any ODBC connect attribute in the DSN string. Connect strings should start with either a DSN=xxx or a DRIVER=xxxx attribute optionally followed by other DSN attributes separated by a semicolon e.g: DSN=ora9;UID=scott;PWD=tiger;DATABASE=ora9u Any attributes required for a proper connection that are not entered in the DSN connect string, must be present in the odbc.ini file. If the connect string is passed as an argument to the iodbctest program, the string should be quoted as most shells use the semicolon as their command separator. If the connect string is entered on the interactive prompt, no quotes should be used. After a successful connection has been established, the user is prompted for a SQL command to be send to the database. A SQL command cannot span multiple lines. If the SQL command returns one or more result sets, each result set is fetched using character buffers and displayed in a table. Additionally, the iodbctest program understands a few special commands: qualifiers Show a list of qualifiers using the SQLTables catalog call. owners Show a list of owners using the SQLTables catalog call. tables Show a list of tables using the SQLTables catalog call. types Show a list of tables types using the SQLTables catalog call. datatypes Show a list of data types using the SQLGetTypeInfo catalog call. reconnect Perform a disconnect/reconnect with the information saved during the first SQLDriverConnect. quit (or exit) Exit the program and return to the shell. EXAMPLES
Start the iodbctest program and get a list of DSNs before making a connection: $ iodbctest OpenLink ODBC Demonstration program This program shows an interactive SQL processor Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): ? DSN | Driver ----------------------------------------------------------------- ora9 | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver mysql | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver mysqllite | OpenLink Lite for MySQL myodbc | MyODBC Driver pgsql | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver tds | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): DSN=ora9;PWD=tiger Driver: 05.20.0316 OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver (oplodbc.so) SQL> Connect to an Oracle 9 instance which has been previously setup in the odbc.ini file: $ iodbctest "DSN=ora9;UID=scott;PWD=tiger" iODBC Demonstration program This program shows an interactive SQL processor Driver: 05.20.0316 OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver (oplodbc.so) SQL>select * from emp ID |NAME -----------------+------------------------------------------- 1 |Record 1 2 |Record 2 2 |Record 3 result set 1 returned 3 rows. SQL> quit COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2009 by OpenLink Software AUTHOR
iODBC Administrator <iodbc@openlinksw.com> 3.52.7 3 August 2005 iodbctest(1)