Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to mount /cache and all in mobile Post 302965514 by nanz143 on Saturday 30th of January 2016 03:02:57 AM
Old 01-30-2016
this is the exact output for mount -a

and

/etc # ls -ld /cache /data
__bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for localtime!
__bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for GMT!
__bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for posixrules!
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jan 2 18:30 /cache
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 0 Jan 2 18:30 /data

Code:
/etc # mount -a
mount: mounting /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system on /system failed: Invalid argument
mount: mounting /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache on /cache failed: Invalid argument
mount: mounting /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata on /data failed: Invalid argument

was able to mount one file-system manually and this is vfat not ext, while others are ext4,

Code:
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem
                         64.0M     44.4M     19.5M  69% /firmware

below are the filesystems

Code:
/etc # df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs                   912.9M    128.0K    912.8M   0% /dev
tmpfs                   912.9M      8.0K    912.9M   0% /tmp
tmpfs                   912.9M         0    912.9M   0% /storage
tmpfs                   912.9M         0    912.9M   0% /mnt/secure
tmpfs                   912.9M         0    912.9M   0% /mnt/fuse
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem
                         64.0M     44.4M     19.5M  69% /firmware

one other thing is /proc/modules is not available... fyi as suspecting OS corrupt..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 4.3 - unable to mount one of our VG's

AFter a hardware issue - scsi controller replaced and hadware is now functioning again . Able to mount all VG except one. Need AIX 4.3 experience to assist... Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmcopoc
0 Replies

2. Solaris

/usr unable to mount

Hi All, I need help on this issue and it is a production server. /usr is unable to mount and make system can't even type any commands. Only this show and no changes makes to the system. ERROR: svc:/system/filesystem/root:default failed to mount /usr (see 'svcs -x' for details) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unable to mount/find new drives

Hi, I work offshore and we have a system that records excessive amounts of data (Terabytes), therefore we changed the 16 x 400GB drives to 16 x 1TB drives. However, since doing this, upon bootup, the system does not recognize the new drives. These drives are external drives in a chassis which is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamrocks
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to mount Metadevice

Hi, I am running Solaris 8 on a V880 which has recently crashed. It has got a fibre connection to a StorageTrek array containing my database info. Since the crash I have been unable to mount the 2 metadevices which correspond to /spool & /apps - these FS's contain my db info and theredore I... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs
20 Replies

5. Fedora

unable to mount NTFS

Hi, I'm new for unix. I tried to mount windows NTFS partition in Fedora unix, but it is saying ntfs not found. The command i used is mount /dev/sdb1 -t ntfs /mnt/drive1 and how to find the available filesystem type?. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Unable to mount disk

I am running Ubuntu Server, I recently added a new hard drive to the machine When I run fdisk -l I see both drives. The recently added drive is present but it's listed as extended. when I try to mount the drive it says you must specify the file system type. I can't mount this drive, I was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to mount CDROM

Hi I have created a RHEL6 machine that is hosted on VMWare player that in turn runs off my Windows 7 PC. When I try and mount the CDROM on the RHEL6 box I get the following output: $ mount /dev/cdrom/media mount: can't find /dev/cdrom/media in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab $ Here is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: accipiter1
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to mount CD rom

hi Am trying to mount a cdrom which has a blank cd into it, using the command: mount -v cdrfs -o ro /dev/cd0 /mnt Am getting this error: # df -Ig Filesystem GB blocks Used Free %Used Mounted on /dev/hd4 0.50 0.19 0.31 38% / /dev/hd2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to mount.

Hi, I am unable to mount the AIX share on Red Hat Linux 5.5 getting below error on linux server while mounting. reason given by server: unknown nfs status return value: -1 I have checked on AIX side. lssrc -g nfs showing below output. bash-3.00# lssrc -g nfs Subsystem ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to mount NFS

Hello, While mounting NFS below error is coming: # mount -t nfs 10.65.150.69:/lvsnap /lvsnap mount: mount to NFS server '10.65.150.69' failed: RPC Error: Program not registered. Please advise. Best regards, Vishal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
2 Replies
FS_FLUSHMOUNT(1)					       AFS Command Reference						  FS_FLUSHMOUNT(1)

NAME
fs_flushmount - Forces the Cache Manager to discard a mount point SYNOPSIS
fs flushmount [-path <dir/file path>+] [-help] fs flushm [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs flushmount command removes from the cache all information associated with each mount point named by the -path argument. The next time an application accesses the mount point, the Cache Manager fetches the most current version of it from the File Server. Data cached from the associated volume is not affected. The command's intended use is to discard information about mount points that has become corrupted in the cache. (The Cache Manager periodically refreshes cached mount points, but the only other way to discard them immediately is to reinitialize the Cache Manager by rebooting the machine.) Symptoms of a corrupted mount point included garbled output from the fs lsmount command, and failed attempts to change directory to or list the contents of a mount point. To flush cached data rather than a mount point, use the fs flush or fs flushvolume command. OPTIONS
-path <dir/file path>+ Names each mount point to flush from the cache. Partial pathnames are interpreted relative to the current working directory, which is also the default value if this argument is omitted. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command flushes from the cache the mount point for user "pat"'s home directory: % fs flushm /afs/abc.com/usr/pat PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "l" (lookup) permission on the ACL of the root directory of the volume that houses the file or directory named by the -path argument, and on the ACL of each directory that precedes it in the pathname. SEE ALSO
fs_flush(1), fs_flushvolume(1), fs_lsmount(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_FLUSHMOUNT(1)