Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk command to manipulate csv file in UNIX Post 302965493 by Prit Siv on Friday 29th of January 2016 04:58:10 PM
Old 01-29-2016
solution

its not working correctly, in the middle of the file it prints the header in one of the rows, and the first line is ,0,0

my csv file has headers so i added NR==1

still no luck

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

manipulate csv file to add columns

Hi, I have a csv file with a key composed by 3 columns and some other numeric fields and I need to obtain the partial amounts by some part of the key. This may be some difficult to understand, so better see an example, where my input file is: name,surname,department,y2004,y2005,y2006... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oscarmon
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk command for .csv file

Hi , I have .csv file with value separated by ";". 1. Using awk how to extract perticular colums and store in to array 2. For some columns I needs to extract last value of the column How to do same please help me ASAP Thanks and Regards, Sushma (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushmab82
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on how to manipulate a SIMPLE text file (using awk?)

I have a simple txt files that looks something like this (The title is a part of the text file) Student Grades --------------- 1 Tim Purser 89 2 John Wayne 56 3 Jenn Hawkins 95 4 Harry Potter 75 Here are my questions: How would I ONLY print the names of students... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjagod123
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xml to csv using sed and awk command

Hi Guys, Can you help me in creating shell script using sed,awk etc commands to generate csv file using xml file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command output in csv format

I'm just wondering is there any way to capture the output of a unix command in a csv format. df -h gives the result of filesystem,free space,Used space, use %,mounted on. Is there a way to capture the command output and format it as comma sparated or fixed length file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anita81
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate a CSV File

Hello, How do i manipulate .csv file to this format? Thank you very much. Source: john,5 marco,7 john,4 paul,3 marco,8 Output: john,9 marco,15 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to manipulate csv file in UNIX

Hi, I am new to awk/unix and am trying to put together a script to manipulate the date column in a csv file. I have file1.csv with the following contents: Date,ID,Number,Amount,Volume,Size 01-Apr-2014,WERFG,998,105873.96,10873.96,1342.11 01-Apr-2014,POYFR,267,5681.44,5681.44,462.96 I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prit Siv
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate the text file in UNIX

Hi All, I have a file like below and i have 2 questions on this (They are 3 lines starts with 01 , 02 and 03. but is 01abc333644554 234 2334535 34534535355353 sfsdf345455 353 4543 jgkg tty 7676 02cdesdfsdfsdf 234 wesdfsdf 345345 234234 234234 2342342 dfgdfg sdfgg dgdgdg fgvfs... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva.pitchai
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk command to retrieve record 23 and 89 from UNIX file

Hi Everyone, I am looking for awk command to retrieve only the record number 23 and record number 89 from a unix file? Please let me know what is the awk command for this? Regards Rakesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

awk command to retrieve record 23 and 89 from UNIX file

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am looking for awk command to retrieve only the record number 23 and record number 89 from a unix file?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
6 Replies
ifpps(8)							netsniff-ng-toolkit							  ifpps(8)

NAME
ifpps - fetch and format kernel network statistics SYNOPSIS
ifpps -d|--dev <netdev> [-t|--interval <sec>][-p|--promisc][-c|--term] [-C|--csv][-H|--csv-tablehead][-l|--loop][-v|--version][-h|--help] DESCRIPTION
A tiny tool to provide top-like reliable networking statistics. ifpps reads out the 'real' kernel statistics, so it does not give erroneous statistics on high I/O load. OPTIONS
ifpps --dev eth0 Fetch eth0 interface statistics. ifpps --dev eth0 --interval 60 --csv Output eth0 interface statistics every minute in CSV format. OPTIONS
-h|--help Print help text and lists all options. -v|--version Print version. -d|--dev <netdev> Device to fetch statistics for i.e., eth0. -p|--promisc Put the device in promiscuous mode -t|--interval <time> Refresh time in sec (default 1 sec) -c|--term Output to terminal -C|--csv Output in CSV format. E.g. post-processing with Gnuplot et al. -H|--csv-tablehead Print CSV table head. -l|--loop Loop terminal output. AUTHOR
Written by Daniel Borkmann <daniel@netsniff-ng.org> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Emmanuel Roullit <emmanuel@netsniff-ng.org> BUGS
Please report bugs to <bugs@netsniff-ng.org> 2012-06-29 ifpps(8)