Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO 5.0.7 Configuration
Operating Systems SCO SCO 5.0.7 Configuration Post 302964614 by jgt on Saturday 16th of January 2016 01:17:01 PM
Old 01-16-2016
Mr Hicks. Don't you have a better way to spend Saturday night.
Kanthi, the pdf that hicksd8 refers to does not mention SCO at all. If you examine the software media, and the file name(s) are VOL.000.000 then the software installs by starting scoadmin and selecting software; if the media contains a tar file, or a list of files then it has its own install script on the media.
I read the install instructions in the above pdf, and the software does install through custom, although it should not be necessary to mount the cd first, just start custom through scoadmin, either using the command line or gui, and select cdrom as the media. Custom will open the cdrom and list all the packages that are on it.

Last edited by jgt; 01-16-2016 at 02:22 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to jgt For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Configuration in SCO 5.05

Hi, I'm trying to configure SCO's internet manager for access to the internet. However, when I start the config program, my desktop turns black & white (unless I minimize communicator's window -- then it turns back to normal). I type in the user id and password and it looks as if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuration management tool in SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.3

Hi all, :confused: I want to know about the configuration management tool that is used in SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.3. Please refer some sites where i could get the details. Thanks in advance kavitha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithadass
2 Replies

3. SCO

SCO Unix Network Configuration

Hello Guys, We have an old PC running on SCO Unix V. Is there any sites where i can get manual/procedures on how to install and configure Network. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrcuevas
2 Replies

4. SCO

raid 1 configuration in sco open unix

Dear Team , how i can configure raid 1 (mirroring) using ide hdd in sco open unix 5 i have two 80gb identical hdd (same make/model) thanx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
0 Replies

5. SCO

Alias in SCO network configuration

We have many remote servers that are running different versions of the SCO operating system. The current server inventory includes the usage of SCO 3.2v5.0.5 3.2v5.0.6 and 3.2v5.0.7. Recently, there have been some ongoing problems when a re-boot is done with some of these remote servers.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dclary
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Printer configuration file

Hello, I am working on Servers running SCO OpenServer 5 and I tend to setup a lot of Servers. I am wondering if mkdev -lp to create printers has a file that I can just copy and paste from an exisiting Server to a new (upgrade) server. I can do this with the hosts and resolv.conf files. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ewerezak
1 Replies

7. SCO

SCO 5.5 remote login configuration

Sir, i have a sco 5.5 installed server and 6 clients connected through pci specialix card and printing working fine in these all terminals. 7 and 8 ports are free now, i need to setup another terminal for login on through 7 or 8 port for remote login. i connect a external modem using 25 pin male... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aneesh Kumar.T
3 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)