Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server inventory software
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Server inventory software Post 302964502 by funksen on Friday 15th of January 2016 06:36:03 AM
Old 01-15-2016
thank you, these are all very powerful products, unfortunately not open source and very feature heavy, was looking for something really lightweight without the whole itil implementation, impact, problem management and so on

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Software Inventory

How can I find out what software is installed on the machine, other than ls? Is there a registry program like in Windows? The os is Sun 2.5. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ViperD
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Collecting software inventory

how to obtain/ collect a list of all the applications installed in the system.. is there a configuration file(like the one which exists for hardware ) which holds all this information?? if no is there any command/shell script or utility that we can use for the same ?? I am using Red hat linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superghost
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Utilities/Scipts to Inventory Hardware and Software

Hi All, I am looking for a way to inventory the hardware and software components of many Solaris 8 servers/workstations. I would like to script this to run against a list of IP's in a text file. For Windows there are many such programs available (like Belarc) Is there anything similar for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: limey
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripts for automating server inventory for unix servers

Dear Team, I am very new to shell scripting & and presently monitoring unix boxes I am looking for a shell script which will give me the below output script should contain - hostname,OS Version,CPU details, Physical Memory, Partitions Details, Network Details and Software Installed,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl and HP-UX : instmodsh in combination with software depot : update inventory for installed Perl

we create a HP-UX software depot with a new perl-modul. after installation of the software depot, the perl module i can't find with instmodsh in the inventory for installed Perl modules. - i have learned of using instmodsh command : i find out what modules are already installed on my system. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Server and Software upgrade

Hi Experts, we are planning to upgrade the End of life servers to new servers and from solaris 8/9 to 11. Server loads are minimum and not heavily loaded. After analysis we came to conclusion to use the below. Can experts out there please let me know whether it make sense or any way we can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundba
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Server Hardware Inventory Details

How can I get the hardware inventory details of the Sun Servers like T5220 running Solaris 10? I would like to see the following details: 1. Chassis Information - Part Number, Serial Number etc. 2. Slots Present in the chassis 3. Modules/Cards equipped on the slots. Module details like Part... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: baddy
8 Replies
volmgt_root(3VOLMGT)					Volume Management Library Functions				      volmgt_root(3VOLMGT)

NAME
volmgt_root - return the volume management root directory SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lvolmgt [ library ... ] #include <volmgt.h> const char *volmgt_root(void); DESCRIPTION
This function is obsolete. The management of removable media by the Volume Management feature, including vold, has been replaced by soft- ware that supports the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL). Programmatic support for HAL is through the HAL APIs, which are documented on the HAL web site. See hal(5). The return value of this function is undefined. The volmgt_root() function returns the current volume management root directory, which by default is /vol but can be configured to be in a different location. RETURN VALUES
The return from this function is undefined. ERRORS
This function may fail if an open() of /dev/volctl fails. If this occurs a pointer to the default Volume Management root directory is returned. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Finding the Volume Management Root directory. To find out where the volume management root directory is: if ((path = volmgt_root()) != NULL) { (void) printf("Volume Management root dir=%s ", path); } else { (void) printf("can't find Volume Management root dir "); } FILES
/dev default location for the volume management root directory ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cc(1B), open(2), volmgt_check(3VOLMGT), volmgt_inuse(3VOLMGT), volmgt_running(3VOLMGT), attributes(5), hal(5) NOTES
This function returns the default root directory location even when volume management is not running. SunOS 5.11 8 Mar 2007 volmgt_root(3VOLMGT)