Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl Net::IP not working
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Net::IP not working Post 302964476 by timj123 on Friday 15th of January 2016 02:18:32 AM
Old 01-15-2016
Thanks for the rapid reply.
How can I use the code you suggested below?

Code:
Net::IP::Error()

---------- Post updated at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:47 AM ----------

Okay. I think I got the error working to display.

It displaying:

Code:
Invalid IP address 2620:0:2d0:200:0:0:0:7

But it looks like a good IPv6 to me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl + Net::FTP::Recursive

Problem: It will not advance to the next user in the list. It always dies right after it sends the 2/2 files from the first users dir. $USERLIST="/export/home/mxdooley/perl_ftp/userlist"; $USER_DIR="/export/home/mxdooley/perl_ftp/homes";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best place on the net to get Perl tutorials ?

I am looking for a full Perl course on internet (tutorial) to learn everything about Perl. I already know a bunch of programing languages. I have started Unix interests this year ever since I installed Ubuntu Linux on my PC AND I also got a job at IBM doing software distributions with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: NET::FTP..>Debug Messages

HI All, NET::FTP->new($server, DEBUG=>1); I need to get all the Debug Messages in an array or a file.... Please suggest!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: angad.makkar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Corrupted Download with Net::FTP (perl)

Hello, I am trying to download several files from a remote FTP server using Net::FTP from within a perl script. The files download alright, except they appear to be corrupted. I know this because once after downloading, I use bzcat to pipe the files to a split command, and bzcat complains saying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amcrisan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SMTP via PERL is not working in few cases

We are getting some special scenarios where Net::SMTP is not working for some mails. we are sending a similar kind of data via mails but some of the mails are not received. After checking the Net::SMTP in debug mode we found below difference: Good One - (Mail sent properlly) --- -----... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::Ftp in perl

I am trying to execute a script in another server, i used Net::Ftp module How to execute unix command in another server by using Net::Ftp module.. #!/usr/bin.perl ### Perl script to $ftp->login($user_name,'password') or die "Cannot login ", $ftp->message;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Net::FTP issue

Wondering if anyone can help or advise on following issue. The below script should simply connect to a different server and retrieve certain files for me. use lib "/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxx"; use Net::FTP; my $directory = "xxxxxxxx"; my $destinationDir = "xxxxxxxxx"; my $filePrefix =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meevagh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::OpenSSH not working on Unix machine.

So, I installed the Net::OpenSSH module and I am having trouble getting it to work. It appears to be failing on this code: my $ssh = Net::OpenSSH->new('user:passwd@host.com'); $ssh->error and die "Couldn't establish SSH connection: ". $ssh->error; It's pretty simple code. I keep... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl slow to login.

I have some sample code that's supposed to ssh to another machine using Net::SSH::Perl, execute a command, and print the output of that command. It's very basic, and it works. However, I noticed that upon logging in: $ssh->login('username','password'); It takes roughly 10-13 seconds to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
2 Replies

10. Web Development

Ssh authentication from .NET webpage to UNIX is not working

My .NET website invokes a perl script to perform GIT operations on Gerrit server running UBuntu. In the perl script I connect using passwordless authentication to Gerrit server as below: system ( "ssh gitadmin@gerritserver.com 'cd /xyz && git clone xxx' "); I verified that ssh authentication... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkota
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)