Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed command is saving output as blank file Post 302964326 by Dream4649 on Wednesday 13th of January 2016 12:18:00 PM
Old 01-13-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
For me, it works only with EREs switched on; I don't know if this is available on AIX. And, it can be simplified a bit:
Code:
sed -E "s/\x1B\[(;?[0-9]{1,3})*[mK]//g"

Hi Tried with -e but it giving me the same outputSmilie

---------- Post updated at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Does my.log have any contents when checkpoint is called? Check with cat.
Yup... checkpoint is called after my task is done.and it has the contents

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED Command Returning a Blank File

I have a file called get_columns.sh that I would like to replace $2 with $3. I have the following sed command written that works sed s/'$3'/'$2'/g get_columns.sh > output.txt However, when I try the command below, the file is empty. sed s/'$3'/'$2'/g get_columns.sh > get_columns.sh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djschmitt
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving changes when using the sed command

Hi Guys, Working on a script in the Vi editor that requires the fifth column of a particular line changed. e.g. Name:Address:email:A where "A" needs to be changed to what the variable $access holds ($access currently has the words admin access in it) when I use this command : `sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rc1138
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

saving command output to a variable

Hello, I have a shell script containing a command string in the following format: command1 | command2 | cut -c9-16 The output from this is a record number (using characters 9-16 of the original output string) e.g. ORD-1234 I wish to save this value to a variable for use in later commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: philjo
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving file edited whith sed

HI! I have a file that looks like this: >ANKRD30_2kb AAGTAACCAATGCAGGAAACCGAGAGGAGAGGTTTGGAAGGTGGTTTAGTGAGGTAATCCATCTTTTCT AGTGATAAACTGGCACCCAGTCAATTTATTCATCAGAAGGGAATACATCAGCCTGGCGTGGTGGCTCGC CCCCGACCCTGTCAGCGTCACCAGCAGCGCGGATCCATGGGCCAGAAGCCTCTAGGGCGCCTAAGTCAG Number of residues in the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanesa1230
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Blank as variable/output when run from command line

When I run this: PDHDURL=`/usr/bin/curl --silent http://www.phdcomics.com/comics.php | /usr/bin/grep -o http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive/.*.gif | head -1` echo -e "$PHDURL" It is totally blank. However, when I just run it from the terminal: /usr/bin/curl --silent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killer54291
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Blank line in command output

My script ssh's to another server and gathers information then process them. The problem is that the output of a command has an unwanted "blank lines". ... ssh user1@${server1} /usr/bin/ls -l /tmp/file1 | awk '{print $5}' > ${DATAFILE} ... $ cat ${DATAFILE} 123456789 (There's a blank... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

saving output from bash into a file

I am ssh to many servers to get some information... however sometimes the server is unreacheable and i am getting an error. I want to save that output to a file but I am not able to do so... I want to be able to save output of bash into a file.. so when I run this command on a script ssh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eponcedeleonc
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some Help for file filteration and saving the output in other directory using grep....plz ...

Hi all........ Plss do help me.......in a big trouble... :wall::wall::wall: I have 3 directories named as :1. /home/shuchi/source 2./home/shuchi/destination 3./home/shuchi/filter now the problem is /home/shuchi/source has say 2 files with extension .txt as given below : A.txt Code: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some Help for file filteration and saving the output in other directory

Hi all........ Plss do help me.......in a big trouble... :wall::wall::wall: I have 3 directories named as :1. /home/shuchi/source 2./home/shuchi/destination 3./home/shuchi/filter now the problem is /home/shuchi/source has say 2 files with extension .txt as given below : A.txt msisdn ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving files with file name as output

Hi, i need help with a file creation of an output program. I've got a program that with #find creates an output for each files in a directory. If i give this command : -o spec$(date -u +%Y%m%dt%H%M) it creates just one file, overwriting all the others since it is the creation date .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)