Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert bash to simple perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert bash to simple perl Post 302963833 by SkySmart on Thursday 7th of January 2016 01:27:45 AM
Old 01-07-2016
Convert bash to simple perl

please delete!

Last edited by SkySmart; 01-13-2016 at 03:14 AM.. Reason: login was completely wrong. going to rewrite in another language

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert bash to sh URGENT :(

Hi, I have to write a program to compare 2 files for copying. the program is ran on Solaris 5.8 like this: script.sh file1.txt file2.txt I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chris Jones
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Intern needing to convert bash to perl.

Hello All. I am very new to Linux and I am currently interning. I have been working on a project for a week and I have had no success. I have to convert bash shell into perl to decrypt and store files. Here is the code in Linux and Bash. Any help would be greatly appreciated. $... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: freak
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help! Need to convert bash shell to perl

Hello All. I am very new to Linux and I am currently interning. I have been working on a project for 2 weeks now and I have had no success. I have to convert bash shell into perl to decrypt and store files. Here is the code in Linux and Bash. Any help would be greatly appreciated. $... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: freak
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

***convert from perl to bash***

can any body translate the follwing script into one that works in bash? #!/usr/bin/perl # classify_books.pl my $csv_file = shift; my %categories = ( 'childrens' => 'childrens_books.txt', 'horror' => 'horror_books.txt', 'sports ' =>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ferrycorsten73
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH regex (convert from working perl version)

Hi there, I need to test that a variable ($VAR) matches a regex mask in BASH. I have the exact thing working in perl (below), but could somebody advise me how i would do the same in BASH ? do i need to use something like egrep ? #!/bin/perl -w my $VAR = "some value"; if ( $VAR =~... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hopefully a simple script, bash or perl...

I'm attempting to parse a file whose contents follow this format; 4:/eula.1028.txt: 8:/eula.1031.txt: 19:/eula.1033.txt: 23:/eula.1036.txt: 27:/eula.1040.txt: 31:/eula.1041.txt: 35:/eula.1042.txt: 39:/eula.2052.txt: 43:/eula.3082.txt: The number of lines of the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CudaPrime
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Convert a bash to ash

hello everybody, i'm a beginner in ash and i want to convert this bash script to ash. this script send a xml file to a nagios server : #!/bin/bash PROGNAME=$(basename $0) RELEASE="Revision 0.3" print_release() { echo "$RELEASE" } print_usage() { echo "" echo "$PROGNAME... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdijoux25
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Covert simple bash script in perl language

Hello, Anyone please covert this in perl language ######################## if ps faux | grep -v grep | grep ProcessXYZ then echo "$SERVICE is running, , everything is fine" exit 0 else echo "$SERVICE is not running" exit 2 fi Additional... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
1 Replies
delete(n)							    [incr Tcl]								 delete(n)

NAME
delete - delete things in the interpreter SYNOPSIS
delete option ?arg arg ...? DESCRIPTION
The delete command is used to delete things in the interpreter. It is implemented as an ensemble, so extensions can add their own options and extend the behavior of this command. By default, the delete command handles the destruction of namespaces. The option argument determines what action is carried out by the command. The legal options (which may be abbreviated) are: delete class name ?name...? Deletes one or more [incr Tcl] classes called name. This deletes all objects in the class, and all derived classes as well. If an error is encountered while destructing an object, it will prevent the destruction of the class and any remaining objects. To destroy the entire class without regard for errors, use the "delete namespace" command. delete object name ?name...? Deletes one or more [incr Tcl] objects called name. An object is deleted by invoking all destructors in its class hierarchy, in order from most- to least-specific. If all destructors are successful, data associated with the object is deleted and the name is removed as a command from the interpreter. If the access command for an object resides in another namespace, then its qualified name can be used: delete object foo::bar::x If an error is encountered while destructing an object, the delete command is aborted and the object remains alive. To destroy an object without regard for errors, use the "rename" command to destroy the object access command. delete namespace name ?name...? Deletes one or more namespaces called name. This deletes all commands and variables in the namespace, and deletes all child names- paces as well. When a namespace is deleted, it is automatically removed from the import lists of all other namespaces. KEYWORDS
namespace, proc, variable, ensemble itcl 3.0 delete(n)