Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trigger the script if it is first sunday of the quarterly month Post 302963400 by Arun1992 on Wednesday 30th of December 2015 04:35:38 AM
Old 12-30-2015
Thanks a lot Don for your reply. Much appreciated.
I have written a script based on the inputs given by you. Could you please let me know whether this will work.

Thanks a lot in Advance!!

Code:
#!/bin/sh
set -vx

Echo "Checking whether it is first sunday of the month"

Date=` date +%e `
Date_From_Calendar=` cal | awk 'NF==7 && !/^Su/{print $1;exit}' ` ---- This variable will store the first sundays date of the month.

if [[ $Date_From_Calendar-le 7 ]];
then 
echo "Triggering the Script"

sh pathname/Script.sh

else

echo "The Date is greater than 7 hence the script will not execute."
fi

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: Please use CODE-tags when posting code or terminal output. Thank you.

Last edited by bakunin; 12-30-2015 at 11:03 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job -- to execute at every first Sunday of every month

Dear all How can I schedule the cronjob to be run sometime at every first Sunday at every month? I have the edit the cronjob every month now, thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanemcmahon
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Handle Quarterly Backup.

Hi I'm not to shell script and I'm trying to write a simple shell code to do the following. Shell script should be run in March, June, Sept, & Dec respectively to back up files last modified in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters. I've have the following code. #!/bin/csh set v1 = `date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Magshabib@gmail
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Set up a cronjob On 4th Sunday of every Month?

How to Set up a cronjob which will run On 4th Sunday of every Month at 8:00 PM :( (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tp2115
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run script on every second sunday

I was to schedule a script in a crontab after every 15 days specically on every 2nd Sunday. I know that i can schedule on basis of weekdays, but can it be done by skipping in between???:wall: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: masquerer
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to counting a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month etc

Hello All, I am trying to come up with a shell script to count a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month and the month before. I need to produce this report and email it to customer. Any ideas would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnara2
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get first sunday of the month?

Hi, Please can someone help me in getting first sunday date of a month. i_year=`date +%Y` ny_first_sun_nov=`cal 10 $i_year | sed '/^$/d' |head -3 |tail -1| rev | cut -c1` This works good if the first sunday has a value but not if it is blank and first sunday falls on second week. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
17 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script should check and run only on Sunday

Hi All, I have a script, I want to make sure the script should check whether the day is sunday, only then it should run, if it is run other days it should check and exit the script. Kindly help. Thanks in Advance !! (41 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanz143
41 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to setup cronjob 3rd sunday of every month?

Hi All, I need to set up cronjob for every third sunday of the month. here i have seen one example for 4th sunday for every month in another post and it looks perfect.can anyone please help me to understand this and help me to get the setup for third sunday of every month.Thanks. this is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script on every last sunday of the month

Hi ALL, I have been testing this script to run for every last Sunday of the month,looks like month which have 5 sunday (july 2016 )is not passing this and failing every time. Here is what I am using, current_date=31 echo " CURRENT DAY -> $current_date" if ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
2 Replies

10. AIX

cron job on 3rd sunday of every month

Hi, Actually scheduled my test scripts on test severs as shown below. They are supposed to run on 3rd sunday of every month. Unfortunately it ran on 2nd sunday of the month (suspecting that it will run every sunday). I am sorry if I miss something. Could you please let me know if I did any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
1 Replies
SHTOOL-ECHO.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool						SHTOOL-ECHO.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-echo - GNU shtool echo(1) extensional command SYNOPSIS
shtool echo [-n|--newline] [-e|--expand] string DESCRIPTION
shtool echo is an echo(1) style command which prints string to stdout and optionally provides special expansion constructs (terminal bold mode, environment details, date, etc) and newline control. The trick of this command is that it provides a portable -n option and hides the gory details needed to find out the environment details under option -e. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -n, --newline By default, output is written to stdout followed by a "newline" (ASCII character 0x0a). If option -n is used, this newline character is omitted. -e, --expand If option -e is used, string can contain special "%x" constructs which are expanded before the output is written. Currently the following constructs are recognized: %B switch terminal mode to bold display mode. %b switch terminal mode back to normal display mode. %u the current user name. %U the current user id (numerical). %g the current group name. %G the current group id (numerical). %h the current hostname (without any domain extension). %d the current domain name. %D the current day of the month. %M the current month (numerical). %m the current month name. %Y the current year. EXAMPLE
# shell script shtool echo -n -e "Enter your name [%B%u%b]: "; read name shtool echo -e "Your Email address might be %u@%h%d" shtool echo -e "The current date is %D-%m-%Y" HISTORY
The GNU shtool echo command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1998 for Website META Language (WML) under the name buildinfo. It was later taken over into GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), echo(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-ECHO.TMP(1)