Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ACL on the Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris ACL on the Solaris Post 302962201 by sathishbabu89 on Wednesday 9th of December 2015 02:54:42 PM
Old 12-09-2015
Code:
$ uname -a
SunOS ftvlssdedw04 5.10 Generic_148888-05 sun4v sparc sun4v

**above one working fine
Code:
uname -a
SunOS cidcsebubldp01 5.10 Generic_150400-10 sun4v sparc sun4v Solaris

Last edited by Don Cragun; 12-09-2015 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: Add CODE tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

ACL

Hi all, I've just been handled the responsibility for a FTP-site. Having no experiens of UNIX at all. And now one of my users needs to have full access to the usr directory and all it's subdirectories, don't know why just trying to do what the boss tells me. The type of UNIX is FreeBSD and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: -tri-
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ACL vs privileges

Hello genius..! what do y'all think of these questions...? help appreciated...! Access Control Lists and privileges.... # Why both file ACLs and user permissions/privileges (not to be confused with rights in ACLs) are used in Windows access control (why not just use one of these)? # In... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heroine
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ACL problem due to mv command used in solaris

Hi All, Is there any way to use mv command and that should apply ACL on the moved files that is already set in distination location This mv command is running in a solaris system. File system is NFS. Problem I am facing : Currently mv command removes ACL from moved files and also it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlogine
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 ZFS ACL help

All, Does anyone know of a simple way to traverse a file system and collect all ACL's (or ACE's as they are called now)? We use to be able to use getfacl fairly easily for this task but now we are forced to use -v or -V with the 'ls' command to get the extended permissions for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find/apply Solaris 10 ACL's

This may be a question for a different forum, but as I will need a script I thought I would start here. We recently migrated from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10. The file system in question here is ZFS, meaning the method for listing and applying ACL's has changed dramatically. To make a long story... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
3 Replies

6. Linux

ACL

Hi, I want to know what does the "effective" comment means in the output of the getfacl and whether it has to do with the acl mask... thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gartlar
0 Replies

7. Solaris

ACL

Can i get the synopsis for add multiple users in single command for ACL access for a directory or a file thanks in advance dinu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need assistance on ACL

Hi Friends, I went through the ACL threads that were posted in the past but none were matching to my requirement . Hence starting a new thread . Challenge : user : a group : Test1 user: b group: Test2 Say under user a i create dir /tmp/debug with the privilege of 755 and also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leobreaker
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Set ACL permissions Solaris

I want to set ACL permissions using this command in solaris 10 , but I get an error message. server# mkdir dir1 server# setfacl -m user:allan:rwx dir1 setacl error: Operation not applicable Any one can help in this matter. Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbuAliiiiiiiiii
2 Replies
machid(1)							   User Commands							 machid(1)

NAME
machid, sun, iAPX286, i286, i386, i486, i860, pdp11, sparc, u3b, u3b2, u3b5, u3b15, vax, u370 - get processor type truth value SYNOPSIS
sun iAPX286 i386 pdp11 sparc u3b u3b2 u3b5 u3b15 vax u370 DESCRIPTION
The following commands will return a true value (exit code of 0) if you are using an instruction set that the command name indicates. sun True if you are on a Sun system. iAPX286 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX286 processor. i386 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX386 processor. pdp11 True if you are on a PDP-11/45tm or PDP-11/70tm. sparc True if you are on a computer using a SPARC-family processor. u3b True if you are on a 3B20 computer. u3b2 True if you are on a 3B2 computer. u3b5 True if you are on a 3B5 computer. u3b15 True if you are on a 3B15 computer. vax True if you are on a VAX-11/750tm or VAX-11/780tm. u370 True if you are on an IBM(R) System/370tm computer. The commands that do not apply will return a false (non-zero) value. These commands are often used within makefiles (see make(1S)) and shell scripts (see sh(1)) to increase portability. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), sh(1), test(1), true(1), uname(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The machid family of commands is obsolete. Use uname -p and uname -m instead. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 machid(1)