Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Oracle simple SQL query result in: ORA-08103: object no longer exists Post 302962016 by durden_tyler on Monday 7th of December 2015 11:47:07 AM
Old 12-07-2015
What is the partition key in your table? Or, which columns form a partition in your table? What type of partitioning is being used?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi , I just found you while surfing for the string 'Redirecting sql select query output from within a shell script to txt file/excel file' Could you find time sending me the code for the above question? It'll be great help for me. I have a perl file that calls the sql file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi Yogesh, Lucky that i caught you online. Yeah i read about DBI and the WriteExcel module. But the server is not supporting these modules. It said..."Cannot locate DBI"..."Cannot locate Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" I tried creating a simple text file to get the query output, but the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Format the result driven from a SQL Query

Hi All, I want to format the result driven from the query into neat format. For example pls find the below code, #! /bin/sh result=' sqlplus -s uname/passwrd@DBname select no,name,address,ph_no, passport_no,salary,designation from emp_table where salary>1000; exit EOF' ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle SQL Query & connect?

Hi I'm looking to query a table on a database and then iterate over the results in a loop. I believe this is the last part of my script that I need (after finding out threads for passing variables to other scripts and calling functions in other scripts). I've searched the forums but the best... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dird
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Output the SQL Query result to a File

Hello Guys, This message is somewhat relates with last thread. But I need to re-write thing. I start over a little. I am stuck now and need your help. Here is my script- #! /bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2 /opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2/bin/sqlplus -s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read value from user and use it in Oracle SQL query

Guys can anyone just tell me whether i can pass a value(from UNIX SCRIPT) as an ARGUMENT in Oracle Query? e.g. echo "enter value" read value insert into tablename where col=$value /*something like this*/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subodh.thakar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl- oracle sql query

Hi, I am new to perl.How to query oracle database with perl??? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tdev457
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a SQL select query in Oracle database through shell script?

I need to run a SQL select query in Oracle database and have to capture the list of retrieved records in shell script. Also i would like to modify the query for certain condition and need to fetch it again. How can i do this? Is there a way to have a persistent connection to oracle database... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing unnecessary eol ($) character from Oracle sql query output

Hi All, I am fetching oracle query result in shell variable. As columns numbers are more the output wraps in unix terminal .i.e one complete record in db gets store in multiple lines. with each line ends with $ character. I want to remove these unnecessary $ character but to keep required $... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harshal22
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get SQL query result to file in putty

How to Get SQL query result to file in putty? I have one SQL query and I want that query output to be redirected to the file. uname -a SunOS XXX 5.8 Generic_117350-58 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R Please suggest. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pamu
7 Replies
OCI_SET_MODULE_NAME(3)													    OCI_SET_MODULE_NAME(3)

oci_set_module_name - Sets the module name

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_module_name (resource $connection, string $module_name) DESCRIPTION
Sets the module name for Oracle tracing. The module name is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The name can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. It can be used for tracing and monitoring such as with V$SQLAREA and DBMS_MONITOR.SERV_MOD_ACT_STAT_ENABLE. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $module_name - User chosen string up to 48 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the module name <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the module oci_set_module_name($c, 'Home Page'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the // modules in use: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select module from v$session; SEE ALSO
oci_set_action(3), oci_set_client_info(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_MODULE_NAME(3)