Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support How to prevent emails as spam? Post 302961889 by methyl on Saturday 5th of December 2015 08:58:46 PM
Old 12-05-2015
Which email software are you using on your AIX server? If it is something like "sendmail" then explore the Domain Masquerade function to ensure that the email appears to be sent from your company's external DNS-registered domain name. Further enhancements would be ensuring that the return path email address is a valid email address and that the Subject line is unique.

Spoofing server-generate email so that it will get past spam filters is an art which thankfully many of the spammers have not mastered.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to prevent deadlock on this...

I am using linux termios structure to configure serial port and read the port by read function. For some reason, if I read the whole buffer, almost every time the buffer does not contain the correct reply message sequence from a device sending reply to my linux PC. So I use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yimab
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating emails

Hi, I posted here 2 months ago, saying I wanted to learn UNIX for my work running a small ISP. I had the problem of practically no technical support for our system. Many courses later, I can just about do everything I need to do. The server is a FreeBSD i386. I can now create email accounts for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ferret495
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

duplicate emails

Hi all new here. Question. My mail server is sending out duplicate emails but its not system wide. We have several virtual host that use our email server and some are having the duplicate emails issue and some are not. For example in the office some people are getting duplicate emails but i am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcraul
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emails on HP-UX

Hi Guys I am running Oracle database on HP-UX, every now and then I get emails that are sent to me by root. When check with the sysadmin know one have a clue as to where does the emails come from. I need to stop this emails...how do I check which script is sending me the emails. Thanks ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete Old Spam Emails Custom Cron

Hey Guys, I've done some research however I got stuck. My goal is to create a cron job that runs every hour and goes through all web accounts on my server and deletes spam emails that are older than 3 days. This is what I came up with: 0 * * * * find /home/*/mail/*/*/.spam/cur/* -type f... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: plxkarl
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

examples of hyperlinks in emails

Hi All, Im using bash on a sloaris box. I am using mailx to send emails from the unix box to internal email accounts. Does anyone have an example of how I can generate a hyperlink within the email body so that when the recipeint recieves the email, they can click on the link and the link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satnamx
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send emails

hi guys I need to send emails to some accounts 1. I need sendmail up and running right? 2. I need my local sendmail to use an existing SMTP server to send emails (10.x.x.x)? in that case what I need to configure to send emails? since using mail myaccount@companyame.com is not sending emails... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Emails issue

Dear all, I am facing an issue in my data Center environment related to mails being generated by users on my machines. Let me walk you through the issue one by one. Each system (100+ servers in my DC) has a user sysmon on it that sends mails to a specific Email ID. The user runs scripts... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to prevent Accidents 'rm -rf *'?

When invoking unix commands from other third party tools (IBM ETL), we run the rm / mv commands with the folder as argument been passed. Eg rm -rf {folder}/* when the parameter {folder} did not pass rightly or becomes blank, the command becomes dangerous to execute rm -rf /* How to prevent... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
9 Replies
GIT-CHECK-MAILMAP(1)						    Git Manual						      GIT-CHECK-MAILMAP(1)

NAME
git-check-mailmap - Show canonical names and email addresses of contacts SYNOPSIS
git check-mailmap [options] <contact>... DESCRIPTION
For each "Name <user@host>" or "<user@host>" from the command-line or standard input (when using --stdin), look up the person's canonical name and email address (see "Mapping Authors" below). If found, print them; otherwise print the input as-is. OPTIONS
--stdin Read contacts, one per line, from the standard input after exhausting contacts provided on the command-line. OUTPUT
For each contact, a single line is output, terminated by a newline. If the name is provided or known to the mailmap, "Name <user@host>" is printed; otherwise only "<user@host>" is printed. MAPPING AUTHORS
If the file .mailmap exists at the toplevel of the repository, or at the location pointed to by the mailmap.file or mailmap.blob configuration options, it is used to map author and committer names and email addresses to canonical real names and email addresses. In the simple form, each line in the file consists of the canonical real name of an author, whitespace, and an email address used in the commit (enclosed by < and >) to map to the name. For example: Proper Name <commit@email.xx> The more complex forms are: <proper@email.xx> <commit@email.xx> which allows mailmap to replace only the email part of a commit, and: Proper Name <proper@email.xx> <commit@email.xx> which allows mailmap to replace both the name and the email of a commit matching the specified commit email address, and: Proper Name <proper@email.xx> Commit Name <commit@email.xx> which allows mailmap to replace both the name and the email of a commit matching both the specified commit name and email address. Example 1: Your history contains commits by two authors, Jane and Joe, whose names appear in the repository under several forms: Joe Developer <joe@example.com> Joe R. Developer <joe@example.com> Jane Doe <jane@example.com> Jane Doe <jane@laptop.(none)> Jane D. <jane@desktop.(none)> Now suppose that Joe wants his middle name initial used, and Jane prefers her family name fully spelled out. A proper .mailmap file would look like: Jane Doe <jane@desktop.(none)> Joe R. Developer <joe@example.com> Note how there is no need for an entry for <jane@laptop.(none)>, because the real name of that author is already correct. Example 2: Your repository contains commits from the following authors: nick1 <bugs@company.xx> nick2 <bugs@company.xx> nick2 <nick2@company.xx> santa <me@company.xx> claus <me@company.xx> CTO <cto@coompany.xx> Then you might want a .mailmap file that looks like: <cto@company.xx> <cto@coompany.xx> Some Dude <some@dude.xx> nick1 <bugs@company.xx> Other Author <other@author.xx> nick2 <bugs@company.xx> Other Author <other@author.xx> <nick2@company.xx> Santa Claus <santa.claus@northpole.xx> <me@company.xx> Use hash # for comments that are either on their own line, or after the email address. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-CHECK-MAILMAP(1)