Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Connect to database through FTP server Post 302961350 by GeekOverflow on Friday 27th of November 2015 04:14:52 AM
Old 11-27-2015
You can't do that. I don't know of a single database provider that will work over FTP, including Access.

You MUST have the Access database on either a local drive OR on a UNC path on a server, NOT an FTP or HTTP path. Those will not work.

But unless you have CPanel, ssh or some other form of access that will let you run MySQL or a program that can access the data via MySQL. You don't have access to MySQL's files, not even the file that has your database in it. (They might not even be on the computer you have access to.)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script not able to connect to ftp server.

I have the following ftp script to get files from a remote location. However, on running the script I find that I am not even able to connect to ftp server. I am able to connect to ftp server using other GUI ftp tools like WS_FTP using the same IP. IP used here is a dummy IP. What can go... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gram77
3 Replies

2. AIX

ftp connect in passive mode , ftp settings

how to connect to ftp server in passive mode? ftp server.abc and how can i see ftp settings, doesn't exist some ftpd.conf there is some other file where i check the options and configurations of ftp server? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect to FTP server which requires SSL authentication?

Hello, I tried searching through lot of threads for a solution but couldn't fetch the exact solution, so I am creating a new thread. I am trying to connect to a FTP server 1) using a simple FTP command, it gives the error : 534 Policy requires SSL. Login failed. 2) using SFTP... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitshete
19 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to use FTP command to connect from one server to another

Hi, I have two unix servers A and B. from A i am trying to use the ftp command to connect to B but I am getting the "ftp: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation." I checked the following things : 1.) Unix Server details for A and B after running the command uname -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mick_000
3 Replies

5. Linux

Generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
1 Replies

7. Linux

Unable to connect to Server machine from a client machine using ftp service

Hi, Could you please help me with the below issue.. I'm running RHEL6 OS on both server (192.168.0.10) and client machines (192.168.0.1). I'm trying to connect to server from the client machine using ftp service. I have installed vsftpd daemon on both the machines. I'm getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to FTP find files and export them to another server

Hi I'm trying to make script that will connect to FTP Server than find files that contain word HIGH in name and than export them to another server. Can anyone tell me if something like this is possible? Thanks :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve87bg
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to connect to new FTP server

Hi All, We have done new FTB setup. I am not able to to connect to this new target server. Here is the new setup to send files to the FTB : - Login : FTB-TAN-DEV-SAP - Protocol : SFTP - Port : 54322 - Hostname : ftb-dev.apj.hp - Env : DEV - Target ID : 3225 I tried connecting to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
5 Replies

10. AIX

Connect to database server and execute sql

I have a requirement and below is the detail. Create a shell script and needs to run in server "a". Connect to teradata database server "b". execute the .sql file from server "a" Save the output of the query to a file in server "a" Schedule this shell script to run every day for every 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MadhuSeven
1 Replies
MySQL::Diff(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  MySQL::Diff(3pm)

NAME
MySQL::Diff - Generates a database upgrade instruction set SYNOPSIS
use MySQL::Diff; my $md = MySQL::Diff->new( %options ); my $db1 = $md->register_db($ARGV[0], 1); my $db2 = $md->register_db($ARGV[1], 2); my $diffs = $md->diff(); DESCRIPTION
Generates the SQL instructions required to upgrade the first database to match the second. METHODS
Constructor new( %options ) Instantiate the objects, providing the command line options for database access and process requirements. Public Methods Fuller documentation will appear here in time :) o register_db($name,$inx) Reference the database, and setup a connection. The name can be an already existing 'MySQL::Diff::Database' database object. The index can be '1' or '2', and refers both to the order of the diff, and to the host, port, username and password arguments that have been supplied. o db1() o db2() Return the first and second databases registered via "register_db()". o diff() Performs the diff, returning a string containing the commands needed to change the schema of the first database into that of the second. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2000-2011 Adam Spiers. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
mysqldiff, MySQL::Diff::Database, MySQL::Diff::Table, MySQL::Diff::Utils AUTHOR
Adam Spiers <mysqldiff@adamspiers.org> perl v5.14.2 2012-04-06 MySQL::Diff(3pm)