Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed or awk: delete n lines following a formfeed Post 302960454 by yohan on Monday 16th of November 2015 04:32:06 AM
Old 11-16-2015
The file has been edited, but anyhow the coding you have provided is working perfectly , thank you very much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help - delete last 2 lines.

I have been reading through the sed one liners, trying to understand what is happening. # delete the last 2 lines of a file sed 'N;$!P;$!D;$d' The above will delete the last 2 line of a file. I tried analyzing what happens. And I got lost :( This is what I understood so far from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines containing text with sed

hello all I have bunch of files containing lines of text that surrounding by <# .......#> tags I like to delete this lines from the text files whiteout open the files , can it be done with sed ? or other unix tool (perl mybe )? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem - delete all lines until a match on 2 lines

First of all, I know this can be more eassily done with perl or other scripting languages but, that's not the issue. I need this in sed. (or wander if it's possible ) I got a file (trace file to recreate the control file from oracle for the dba boys) which contains some lines another line... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: plelie2
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed to delete lines that with the following

Hi, I'm very new to Sed and I have a very large file that contains data in the following way (*064) 1 4 10 (*064) simulation time = 0.12000E-05 (*064) 1 2 10 (*064) 1 3 10Essentially what I want to do it delete every line that starts with '(*064) 1'I tried the following, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete lines using sed?

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.158:80> DocumentRoot /home/ten ServerName ten.com </VirtualHost> <VirtualHost 192.168.1.158:80> DocumentRoot /home/sachin ServerName sachin.com </VirtualHost> <VirtualHost 192.168.1.158:80> DocumentRoot /home/yuvraj ServerName yuvraj.com... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkmmelvin
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk : how to delete lines based on IP pattern ?

Hi, I would like to delete lines in /etc/hosts on few workstations, basically I want to delete all the lines for a list of machines like this : for HOST in $(cat stations.lst |uniq) do # echo -n "$HOST" if ping -c 1 $HOST > /dev/null 2>&1 then HOSTNAME_val=`rsh $HOST "sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: albator1932
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk to delete single lines that aren't touching other lines

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to use sed or awk to delete single lines in a file. By single, I mean lines that are not touching any other lines (just one line with white space above and below). Example: one two three four five six seven eight I want it to look like: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimjbe
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk delete character in the lines before and after the matching line

Sample file: This is line one, this is another line, this is the PRIMARY INDEX line l ; This is another line The command should find the line with “PRIMARY INDEX” and remove the last character from the line preceding it (in this case , comma) and remove the first character from the line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KC_Rules
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Lines : after pattern1 and between pattern2 and pattern3 using awk/sed/perl

Hi I need to delete lines from a file which are after pattern1 and between pattern 2 and patter3, as below: aaaaaaaa bbbbbbbb pattern1 cdededed ddededed pattern2 fefefefe <-----Delete this line efefefef <-----Delete this line pattern3 adsffdsd huaserew Please can you suggest... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vk2012
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed/awk to delete a regex between range of lines

Hi Guys I am looking for a solution to one problem to remove parentheses in a range of lines. Input file module bist_logic_inst(a, ab , dhd, dhdh , djdj, hdh, djjd, jdj, dhd, dhp, dk ); input a; input ab; input dhd; input djdj; input dhd; output hdh; output djjd; output jdj;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
5 Replies
colcrt(1)						      General Commands Manual							 colcrt(1)

Name
       colcrt - filter nroff output for CRT previewing

Syntax
       colcrt [-] [-2] [file...]

Description
       The  command provides virtual half-line and reverse line feed sequences for terminals without such capability, and on which overstriking is
       destructive.  Half-line characters and underlining (changed to dashing `-') are placed on new lines in between the normal output lines.

Options
       -  Suppresses all underlining.  It is especially useful for previewing allboxed tables from

-2 Causes half-lines to be printed, double spacing the output.  Normally, a minimal space output format is used which will  suppress  empty
	  lines.   The	program  never	suppresses  two  consecutive empty lines, however.  The -2 option is useful for sending output to the line
	  printer when the output contains superscripts and subscripts which would otherwise be invisible.

Examples
       A typical use of would be:
       tbl exum2.n | nroff -ms | colcrt - | more

Restrictions
       Can't back up more than 102 lines.

General overstriking is lost; as a special case `|' overstruck with `-' or underline becomes `+'.

Lines are trimmed to 132 characters.

See Also
       col(1), more(1), nroff(1), ul(1)

colcrt(1)