Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Apache - atop showing 100% memory Post 302960280 by jlliagre on Friday 13th of November 2015 05:26:06 AM
Old 11-13-2015
Please post the full atop and free commands output.

Last edited by jlliagre; 11-13-2015 at 06:41 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Increase memory allocation for apache

Hi, The physical memory of the unix box running on sun solaris is going to be increased. What extra conf. changes should I take care in order for the Apache server to recognise the extra memory. Your response asap is appreciated. Thanks ravi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrgarlapati
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

prtdiag -v problem :Memory Module Groups status not Showing

Hi Friends, I need a help from you all. In my machine which is on Solaris 9. the command prtdiag -v shows the complete output but it doesn't show "Memory Module Groups status" status. I have tried restarting the picl daemon, but still it doesn't work. Memory Module Groups:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.goel.piet
2 Replies

3. Web Development

Apache memory utilization issue

Hi, I have been running into an issue wherein suddenly an apache process eats up lots of memory and system starts swapping. It causes the server to hang due to io-wait. I am able to trace the process/thread which is eating up memory, however, am unable to figure out which webpage is causing it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vish_indian
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to restart apache when running out of memory

Hi, I have a problem with running out of memory in my Ubuntu web server (4GB RAM) because many people try to access my server. I used to restart manually my apache server to clear out the memory & swap. Can anyone tell me how to write bash script that can automatically restart apache when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nica
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Zpool showing 100% full

Hi, This is Solaris-10 on Sparc. Due to some reason, one zpool size is showing 100% full, while nothing is there in that. dstr03-zone02 is a non global zone running on physical machine - dstr03 root@dstr03:/# df -h | grep -i zone02 zone02_app_pool 60G 31K 3.8G 1% ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP-UX server showing high memory utilization

Hi All, I am using HP-UX 11i v1(B11.11) servers for my work and its memory (RAM) utilization is consistenly 80% for the last one year. Though I am not facing any issues with this high memory utilization I just want to know the below queries: 1) Is it the default behavior of HP-UX systems? 2)... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
20 Replies

7. Red Hat

Java process showing high virtual memory

Hi All, I have a java process which is showing high virtual memory utilization in client server. But the same process is showing comparitively lesser virtual memory consumption. I understand that virtual memory shown is not of much importance for the general user in normal condition, my client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mritusmoi
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

KVM/Qemu allocated memory not showing in guest

So we have a RHEL 7.6 workstation with 128 gigs of ram. The OS sees all the ram and 80 cors (40 HT) We have 1 guest with 8 CPUs and 32gigs of ram running RHEL 7.6 workstation as well. We are trying to create another guest with 64 CPUs and 80 gigs of ram. We setup the system using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeg1484
0 Replies
ATOPRC(5)							File Formats Manual							 ATOPRC(5)

NAME
atoprc - atop/atopsar related rcfile DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the rcfile of the atop and atopsar commands. These commands can be used to monitor the system and process load on a Linux system. The atoprc file contains the default settings. These settings are read during startup, first from the system-wide rcfile /etc/atoprc and after that from the user-specific rcfile ~/.atoprc (so system-wide settings can be overruled by an individual user). The options in both rcfiles are identical. OPTIONS
The rcfile contains keyword-value pairs, one on every line (blank lines and lines starting with a #-sign are ignored). The following keywords can be specified: flags A list of default flags for atop can be defined here. The flags which are allowed are 'g', 'm', 'd', 'n', 'u', 'p', 's', 'c', 'v', 'C', 'M', 'D', 'N', 'A', 'a', 'f', '1' and 'x'. interval The default interval value in seconds. linelen The length of a screen line when sending output to a file or pipe (default 80). username The default regular expression for the users for which active processes will be shown. procname The default regular expression for the process names to be shown. maxlinecpu The maximum number of active CPU's that will be shown. maxlinelvm The maximum number of active logical volumes that will be shown. maxlinemdd The maximum number of active multiple devices that will be shown. maxlinedisk The maximum number of active disks that will be shown. maxlineintf The maximum number of active network interfaces that will be shown. cpucritperc The busy percentage considered critical for a processor (see section COLORS in the man-page of the atop command). This percentage is used to determine a weighted percentage for line coloring and sorting of active processes. When this value is zero, no line coloring or automatic sorting is performed for this resource. dskcritperc The busy percentage considered critical for a disk (see section COLORS in the man-page of the atop command). This percentage is used to determine a weighted percentage for line coloring and sorting of active processes. When this value is zero, no line coloring or automatic sorting is performed for this resource. netcritperc The busy percentage considered critical for a network interface (see section COLORS in the man-page of the atop command). This per- centage is used to determine a weighted percentage for line coloring and sorting of active processes. When this value is zero, no line coloring or automatic sorting is performed for this resource. memcritperc The percentage considered critical for memory utilization (see section COLORS in the man-page of the atop command). This percentage is used to determine a weighted percentage for line coloring and sorting of active processes. When this value is zero, no line coloring or automatic sorting is performed for this resource. swpcritperc The occupation percentage considered critical for swap space (see section COLORS in the man-page of the atop command). This percentage is used to determine a weighted percentage for line coloring and sorting of active processes. When this value is zero, no line color- ing or automatic sorting is performed for this resource. swoutcritsec The number of pages swapped out per second considered critical for for memory utilization (see section COLORS in the man-page of the atop command). This threshold is used in combination with 'memcritperc' to determine a weighted percentage for line coloring and sort- ing of active processes. When this value is zero, no line coloring or automatic sorting is performed for this resource. almostcrit A percentage of the critical percentage to determine if the resource is almost critical (see section COLORS in the man-page of the atop command). When this value is zero, no line coloring for `almost critical' is performed. atopsarflags A list of default flags for atopsar can be defined here. The flags that are allowed are 'S', 'x', 'C', 'M', 'H', 'a', 'A' and the flags to select one or more specific reports. An example of the /etc/atoprc or ~/.atoprc file: flags Aaf interval 5 username procname maxlinecpu 4 maxlinedisk 10 maxlineintf 5 cpucritperc 80 almostcrit 90 atopsarflags CMH ownprocline PID:50 VGROW:40 RGROW:45 COMMAND-LINE:50 ownpagline PAGSCAN:3 BLANKBOX:0 PAGSWIN:3 PAGSWOUT:7 The keywords 'ownprocline' and 'ownpagline' are explained in the subsequent section. OWN DEFINITION OF OUTPUT LINE
Via the rcfile it is possible to define the layout of the output lines yourself, i.e. you can define the layout of one line with process information with the keyword 'ownprocline' (to be selected with the key 'o' or the flag -o) and you can redefine all lines with system information. The layout of an output-line can be defined as follows (notice that this should be specified as one line in the rcfile): keyword <columnid>:<prio> [<columnid>:<prio> ...] The columnid is the symbolic name of a column that should shown at this position in the output line. The prio is a positive integer value that determines which columns have precedence whenever not all specified columns fit into the current screen-width. The higher value, the higher priority. The column-specifications should be separated by a space. The order in which columns have been specified is the order in which they will be shown, with respect to their priority (columns that do not fit, will be dropped dynamically). A special columnid for system lines is 'BLANKBOX'. This indicates that an empty column is required at this position. Also this special columnid is followed by a priority (usually low). The following definition can be specified for process information: ownprocline The columnid's are the names of the columns that are shown in the normal output of the process-related lines that are shown by atop such as 'PID', 'CMD', 'S', .... The only exception is the special columnid 'SORTITEM' that is used to show one of the columns CPU%/DSK%/MEM%/NET%, depending on the chosen sort-criterium. An example of a user-defined process line: ownprocline PID:20 PPID:10 SYSCPU:15 USRCPU:15 VGROW:14 VSIZE:12 RGROW:14 RSIZE:12 ST:8 EXC:7 S:11 SORTITEM:18 CMD:20 The following definitions are used internally by atop as the default system lines (you can redefine each of them in the rcfile as one line): ownsysprcline Redefinition of line labeled with 'PRC': ownsysprcline PRCSYS:8 PRCUSER:8 BLANKBOX:0 PRCNPROC:7 PRCNZOMBIE:5 PRCCLONES:4 BLANKBOX:0 PRCNNEXIT:6 ownallcpuline Redefinition of line labeled with 'CPU' for total CPU-utilization: ownallcpuline CPUSYS:8 CPUUSER:7 CPUIRQ:4 BLANKBOX:0 CPUIDLE:5 CPUWAIT:6 BLANKBOX:0 CPUSTEAL:1 CPUGUEST:3 ownonecpuline Redefinition of line labeled with 'CPU' for utilization of one CPU: ownonecpuline CPUISYS:8 CPUIUSER:7 CPUIIRQ:4 BLANKBOX:0 CPUIIDLE:5 CPUIWAIT:6 BLANKBOX:0 CPUISTEAL:1 CPUIGUEST:3 owncplline Redefinition of line labeled with 'CPL': owncplline CPLAVG1:4 CPLAVG5:3 CPLAVG15:2 BLANKBOX:0 CPLCSW:6 CPLINTR:5 BLANKBOX:0 CPLNUMCPU:1 ownmemline Redefinition of line labeled with 'MEM': ownmemline MEMTOT:2 MEMFREE:5 MEMCACHE:3 MEMDIRTY:1 MEMBUFFER:3 MEMSLAB:3 BLANKBOX:0 BLANKBOX:0 BLANKBOX:0 BLANKBOX:0 ownswpline Redefinition of line labeled with 'SWP': ownswpline SWPTOT:3 SWPFREE:4 BLANKBOX:0 BLANKBOX:0 BLANKBOX:0 BLANKBOX:0 BLANKBOX:0 BLANKBOX:0 SWPCOMMITTED:5 SWPCOMMITLIM:6 ownpagline Redefinition of line labeled with 'PAG': ownpagline PAGSCAN:3 PAGSTALL:1 BLANKBOX:0 PAGSWIN:4 PAGSWOUT:3 owndskline Redefinition of lines labeled with 'LVM', 'MDD' and 'DSK': owndskline DSKNAME:8 DSKBUSY:7 DSKNREAD:6 DSKNWRITE:6 DSKKBPERRD:4 DSKKBPERWR:4 DSKMBPERSECRD:5 DSKMBPERSECWR:5 DSKAVQUEUE:1 DSKAVIO:5 ownnettrline Redefinition of line labeled with 'NET' for transport: ownnettrline NETTRANSPORT:9 NETTCPI:8 NETTCPO:8 NETUDPI:8 NETUDPO:8 NETTCPACTOPEN:6 NETTCPPASVOPEN:5 NETTCPRETRANS:4 NETTCPIN- ERR:3 NETTCPORESET:20 NETUDPNOPORT:1 NETUDPINERR:3 ownnetnetline Redefinition of line labeled with 'NET' for network: ownnetnetline NETNETWORK:5 NETIPI:4 NETIPO:4 NETIPFRW:4 NETIPDELIV:4 BLANKBOX:0 BLANKBOX:0 BLANKBOX:0 NETICMPIN:1 NETICMPOUT:1 ownnetifline Redefinition of line labeled with 'NET' for interfaces: ownnetifline NETNAME:8 NETPCKI:7 NETPCKO:7 NETSPEEDIN:6 NETSPEEDOUT:6 NETCOLLIS:3 NETMULTICASTIN:2 NETRCVERR:5 NETSNDERR:5 NETR- CVDROP:4 NETSNDDROP:4 The lines above are shown in the order as shown by atop in combination with the -f flag (in a very wide window you should be able to see all of the columns). SEE ALSO
atop(1), atopsar(1), logrotate(8) http://www.atoptool.nl AUTHOR
Gerlof Langeveld (gerlof.langeveld@atoptool.nl) JC van Winkel (jc@ATComputing.nl) AT Computing April 2010 ATOPRC(5)