Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX Migration issue with EMC ODM sets Post 302960130 by JME2015 on Tuesday 10th of November 2015 09:05:53 PM
Old 11-10-2015
Thanks for everyone for trying to help .So i did test migration with NIMADM , After migration i upgraded EMC odm, now it looks like below (not sure why it is showing two of same fileset) . so far it works, this server has only two LUNs, (test server) no application or anything running on the server. I will know more when I do that on the real server, hope everything runs okay . I need to figure it out how to put that in the lpp_source. EMC is such a pain , one image file came with Symmetrixc, clariion, CELERRA together, i need to separate those install only CLARiiON. I need to figure it out how to add that only in the lpp_source, smit installp take care of that easily, not in this case, or maybe I am just dumb .
Code:
lslpp -l | grep EMC 
EMC.CLARiiON.aix.rte 6.0.0.2 COMMITTED EMC CLARiiON AIX Support 
EMC.CLARiiON.fcp.rte 6.0.0.2 COMMITTED EMC CLARiiON FCP Support 
EMC.INVISTA.aix.rte 6.0.0.2 COMMITTED EMC INVISTA AIX Support 
EMC.INVISTA.fcp.rte 6.0.0.2 COMMITTED EMC INVISTA FCP Support 
EMC.XtremIO.fcp.rte 5.3.0.9 COMMITTED EMC XtremIO FCP Support 
EMCpower.MgmtComponent 5.7.2.0 COMMITTED PowerPath Management 
EMCpower.base 5.7.2.0 COMMITTED PowerPath Base Driver and 
EMCpower.migration_enabler 
EMCpower.mpx 5.7.2.0 COMMITTED PowerPath Multi_Pathing 
EMC.CLARiiON.aix.rte 6.0.0.2 COMMITTED EMC CLARiiON AIX Support 
EMC.CLARiiON.fcp.rte 6.0.0.2 COMMITTED EMC CLARiiON FCP Support 
EMC.INVISTA.aix.rte 6.0.0.2 COMMITTED EMC INVISTA AIX Support 
EMC.INVISTA.fcp.rte 6.0.0.2 COMMITTED EMC INVISTA FCP Support

Last edited by Don Cragun; 11-11-2015 at 12:42 AM.. Reason: Add CODE and ICODE tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX MPIO and EMC

We are looking at running MPIO for it's redundancy and load balancing benefits. Does anyone know what pieces of software or modules are needed on the VIO server to get load balancing to work. Remember we are using EMC's DMX3500 storage system. We no longer want to use Powerpath. :rolleyes: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vxg0wa3
2 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Clouds (Partially Order Sets) - Streams (Linearly Ordered Sets) - Part 2

timbass Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:07:53 +0000 Originally posted in Yahoo! CEP-Interest Here is my follow-up note on posets (partially ordered sets) and tosets (totally or linearly ordered sets) as background set theory for event processing, and in particular CEP and ESP. In my last note, we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. AIX

Configurin EMC SAN disks on AIX

This may sound like an absolute rookie question, and it is. I have been working on Migrating our HP and Solaris servers to the new EMC SAN and know the routines backwards. Now we've suddenly got a new IBM server and I don't even know how to check if it is connected to the switch. Can someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronellevan
1 Replies

4. AIX

IY17981 fix required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration but not found

Hi, redbook documentation is telling that IY17981 fix is required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration. But there is no mention about that fix in any ML installation packages. - My system is ML11 : oslevel –r 4330-11 - But xlC.rte is on wrong version : lslpp -L xlC.rte xlC.rte ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

5. AIX

Need EMC Symmetrix driver for AIX 5.3

Hi all, I hope I'm putting my first post at this site into the right forum. I need help finding the EMC disk driver for AIX version 5.3. I have some new EMC disk presented to a backup server of mine, and right now the EMC hdisks show up looking like this in an lsdev: hdisk495 Available... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.J.Hund
2 Replies

6. Linux

EMC, PowerPath and issue on using LUN

Hello guys, I'm going crazy over here with a problem with a LUN created on a EMC CX3. I did sucessfully managed to create the LUN on the Storage (the LUN is named DBLNX25EC_TST), after doing the following process: echo "1" > /sys/class/fc_host/host<n>/issue_lip and echo "- - -" >... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zarnick
10 Replies

7. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

8. AIX

AIX help -reconnect EMC lun

we have an old AIX system with important data on an EMC LUN. the AIX server crashed and we had to rebuild it with the old AIX os 5.8. how do we reconnect the EMC LUN without losing the data? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhudson12
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX to RHEL migration - awk treating 0e[0-9]+ as 0 instead of string issue

Greetings Experts, We are migrating from AIX to RHEL Linux. I have created a script to verify and report the NULLs and SPACEs in the key columns and duplicates on key combination of "|" delimited set of big files. Following is the code that was successfully running in AIX. awk -F "|" 'BEGIN {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
5 Replies
SET 
TRANSACTION(7) SQL Commands SET TRANSACTION(7) NAME
SET TRANSACTION - set the characteristics of the current transaction SYNOPSIS
SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL { READ COMMITTED | SERIALIZABLE } SET SESSION CHARACTERISTICS AS TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL { READ COMMITTED | SERIALIZABLE } DESCRIPTION
This command sets the transaction isolation level. The SET TRANSACTION command sets the characteristics for the current SQL-transaction. It has no effect on any subsequent transactions. This command cannot be used after the first query or data-modification statement (SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE, FETCH, COPY) of a transaction has been executed. SET SESSION CHARACTERISTICS sets the default transaction isolation level for each transaction for a session. SET TRANSACTION can override it for an individual transaction. The isolation level of a transaction determines what data the transaction can see when other transactions are running concurrently. READ COMMITTED A statement can only see rows committed before it began. This is the default. SERIALIZABLE The current transaction can only see rows committed before first query or data-modification statement was executed in this transac- tion. Tip: Intuitively, serializable means that two concurrent transactions will leave the database in the same state as if the two has been executed strictly after one another in either order. NOTES
The session default transaction isolation level can also be set with the command SET default_transaction_isolation = 'value' and in the configuration file. Consult the Administrator's Guide for more information. COMPATIBILITY
SQL92, SQL99 SERIALIZABLE is the default level in SQL. PostgreSQL does not provide the isolation levels READ UNCOMMITTED and REPEATABLE READ. Because of multiversion concurrency control, the SERIALIZABLE level is not truly serializable. See the User's Guide for details. In SQL there are two other transaction characteristics that can be set with these commands: whether the transaction is read-only and the size of the diagnostics area. Neither of these concepts are supported in PostgreSQL. SQL - Language Statements 2000-11-24 SET TRANSACTION(7)